Need help from Muslims

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
I'm a published author. Doing something for a new novel. Muslims terrorists attack the USA as revenge for the killing of OBL kinda thing - HOWEVER, the first character introduced is a Muslim American who looks at Muslims terrorists, the same way Christians (like myself) look at the KKK. This character ends up saving the day - or at least helping the main character do so.
I need help with insights from Muslims who view the message of the Qu'Ran as one of peace and as it says in the Sura "Respect and revere the devout Jew and Christian, for their rewards from Allah will be just as great as yours."

Anyone want to help with insights, verses to support this view etc...?

I'm a published author. Doing something for a new novel. Muslims terrorists attack the USA as revenge for the killing of OBL kinda thing - HOWEVER, the first character introduced is a Muslim American who looks at Muslims terrorists, the same way Christians (like myself) look at the KKK. This character ends up saving the day - or at least helping the main character do so.
I need help with insights from Muslims who view the message of the Qu'Ran as one of peace and as it says in the Sura "Respect and revere the devout Jew and Christian, for their rewards from Allah will be just as great as yours."

Don't forget the fatwa against him and his family.

FYI, I doubt any Muslim views the extremists the same way Christians view the KKK. The KKK is not actively involved in killing people who disagree with them, nor does it blow churches in order to settle doctrinal disputes. Muslims, on the other hand, will kill you, and your family, if you disrespect Islam, and have no problem blowing up Mosques full of other Muslims that try to preach a less violent alternative.

FYI, I doubt any Muslim views the extremists the same way Christians view the KKK. The KKK is not actively involved in killing people who disagree with them, nor does it blow churches in order to settle doctrinal disputes. Muslims, on the other hand, will kill you, and your family, if you disrespect Islam, and have no problem blowing up Mosques full of other Muslims that try to preach a less violent alternative.

How many close Muslims friends do you have? How long have you personally lived with or among them? Muslim weddings you've been to? Family gatherings even? How many times have you gone to mosques to discuss scripture?

Yeah, thought so.

Well thank you for the regurgitation of www.whackjobsWhoDontKnowSh1t.com

I learned all I needed to know about Muslims on 9/11

Which would be as accurate as saying they learned all they needed to know about us from Abu Graihb? We learned all we needed to know about Americans from Timothy McVeigh?

It's cool. Ignorance and prejudice are not exactly rare among "internet people".

I forgot I did learn watching Daniel Pearl get his head sawed off too.

Oh yeah, and there was that guy the Christians dragged down an asphalt road until he died, in Vidor Texas...

We could both go on ad nauseum with examples of religion corrupted, couldn't we. Guess what? You're not going to convince me that all Muslims everywhere are evil and I'm not going to remove your prejudice. Duh.

I work for a muslin and I could not ask for a nicer boss. He employees about 50 people and treats them all very well. I wish my last American own company had treated me this way. I remember when we dropped a small bomb in Japan to get their attention and killed a few thousand or maybe tens of thousands. We were at war and we are at war now. I didn't like 9/11 but not all Muslims were responsible just a few. Find the few and kill them.

How many close Muslims friends do you have? How long have you personally lived with or among them? Muslim weddings you've been to? Family gatherings even? How many times have you gone to mosques to discuss scripture?

Yeah, thought so.

More than you. I actually spent 6 years in a predominantly Muslim community, and have done everything you asked about. Your problem is that you assume because I point out truths you do not like I must be a racist or something. My experience with Muslims is that they are generally very nice. My experience is also that they are afraid to speak up in public because they know that there are people out there who will kill them, and their families, for doing so.

The only Muslim I knew well was one the kindest and nicest people you'd ever meet in life, but I don't run into her today so I can't ask. After 911 I was fascinated too and read some Bernard Lewis and the essays in "Inside Islam" edited by John Miller and Aaron Kenedi, along with lots of web opinion. Some good stuff in the book. Consider the other side, isn't America the land of peace or Christianity, the religion of peace? Then think McVeigh, Eric Robert Rudolph, the Unabomber, Scott Roeder, those in America who kill because they feel the need to destroy and allow their religious emotion to control them. Your character does not support these acts, but I bet many Americans would support Roeder - at least in words. People are people, same everywhere, but the same is often very diverse across groups, we only meet at points and with like souls.

James Zogby is interesting on topic. Google him.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Arab-Voices-What-Saying-Matters/dp/0230102999/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: Arab Voices: What They Are Saying to Us, and Why it Matters (9780230102996): James Zogby: Books[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/History-Middle-East-Peter-Mansfield/dp/0143034332/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: A History of the Middle East (9780143034339): Peter Mansfield, Nicolas Pelham: Books[/ame]
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Among-Believers-Islamic-V-S-Naipaul/dp/0394711955/ref=pd_sim_b_1]Amazon.com: Among the Believers: An Islamic Journey (9780394711959): V.S. Naipaul: Books[/ame]

Last edited:

Yeah, thought so.

More than you. I actually spent 6 years in a predominantly Muslim community, and have done everything you asked about. Your problem is that you assume because I point out truths you do not like I must be a racist or something. My experience with Muslims is that they are generally very nice. My experience is also that they are afraid to speak up in public because they know that there are people out there who will kill them, and their families, for doing so.

Well that's a little different than your first repsonse, wouldn't you say?

Oh and btw, yes, the KKK DID indeed kill people for disagreeing with them, they did blow up churches, they did kill people in their neighborhoods for speaking out against them etc... And they prayed to Jesus Christ and thanked Him for guidance in doing those things, just before they did so.

As far as being afraid of those things here, I don't see it. I saw it overseas but never here. I'm sure there's parts of a neighborhood somewhere, where that's the case but we have a pretty safe country compared to say, Iran.

I'm sensing that you get kicks from being intentionally adversarial with people on the net but are perhaps not that extreme or as you described yourself in another thread, when in person.
I see that often on the net. Makes me wonder if they have like, an assh0le boss or something.

Yeah, thought so.

Well that's a little different than your first repsonse, wouldn't you say?

Oh and btw, yes, the KKK DID indeed kill people for disagreeing with them, they did blow up churches, they did kill people in their neighborhoods for speaking out against them etc... And they prayed to Jesus Christ and thanked Him for guidance in doing those things, just before they did so.

As far as being afraid of those things here, I don't see it. I saw it overseas but never here. I'm sure there's parts of a neighborhood somewhere, where that's the case but we have a pretty safe country compared to say, Iran.

I'm sensing that you get kicks from being intentionally adversarial with people on the net but are perhaps not that extreme or as you described yourself in another thread, when in person.
I see that often on the net. Makes me wonder if they have like, an assh0le boss or something.

I don't see a difference.

The KKK did those things, Muslim extremists are doing them. Point out any Christian who is afraid to speak out today because the KKk killed people 50 years ago. Most Christians view the KKK as a sad chapter in American history, not as a clear and present danger. Most Muslims know that they are more of a target of they speak out than the infidels who are supposedly being targeted by terrorists if we listen to the media. There were 181 Islamic terrorist attacks during Ramadan this year, how many of them targeted non Muslims?

You don't see fear among moderates in the US? Have you been looking? Could it be that the people you are listening to are not what you think they are?

If you think I am different in person I can assure you I am not. I have always been a smart ass, and generally intolerant of stupidity. Your assumption that Christians think the same way about the KK as Muslims do about people who are willing to fly airplanes into buildings and blow up mosques full of women and children is stupid, and I called you on it.

Do it in front of me sometime, and see if you can get away with it then.

Oh yeah, and there was that guy the Christians dragged down an asphalt road until he died, in Vidor Texas...
We could both go on ad nauseum with examples of religion corrupted, couldn't we. Guess what? You're not going to convince me that all Muslims everywhere are evil and I'm not going to remove your prejudice. Duh.

Are you sure about that? Need to get the facts straight before you make such broad assertions, oh and BTW you should drop "logic" from your user name...

Then again you're an Independent, you can make up a new set of lies and we really have people such as yourself to blame for the election of the worst POTUS of all time...

Now the three POS who did this deserve the Death Penalty, two will receive it and one will rot in jail the rest of his life...

But the suggestion that they were Christians is your weak attempt to tear down Christianity, you're really a liberal trying to come across as a fence sitter, why don't you write about that, you're well suited for it...

Are you sure about that? Need to get the facts straight before you make such broad assertions, oh and BTW you should drop "logic" from your user name...

Then again you're an Independent, you can make up a new set of lies and we really have people such as yourself to blame for the election of the worst POTUS of all time...

Now the three POS who did this deserve the Death Penalty, two will receive it and one will rot in jail the rest of his life...

But the suggestion that they were Christians is your weak attempt to tear down Christianity, you're really a liberal trying to come across as a fence sitter, why don't you write about that, you're well suited for it...

LOL! How unusual. A RW Whackjob calling someone who has stated Obama sucks, Obamacare sucks, unions suck, gun rights are Constitutional, Christians don't get a fair shake, a strong defense is necessary, Pelosi is a screechhag, Reid is a crook and we should eliminate about 2 dozen Federal institutions altogether..... "Liberal". :lol:
Of course. The definition of a "Liberal" is easy to spot among whackjobs. Anyone who doesn't agree with them on absolutely everything....
Oh and btw, I don't consider them Christians but they have declared themselves as such.

In any case, it's clear. Unless I agree with you the Christianity is and has always been without it's violent element and dark periods, then lemme guess.... I'm a Liberal! :lol:

Forum List

Back