Need a New Sugar Daddy?

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
As North American oil production continues to ramp up and the dependency on Gulf oil declines, Mideast Arab ability to politically impose upon net oil importers may slip away. Without the oil weapon to wield, more than just OPEC will be defanged and those countries who for decades have viewed the Arab/Israel conflict through the prism of their need for Arab oil may find themselves looking for a new sugar daddy. Stay tuned.
:biggrin:

Israe and Saudi Arabia is stepping forward to normalization of affairs aiming for oil and water/agronomy tech trades as well.
At last.

Israe and Saudi Arabia is stepping forward to normalization of affairs aiming for oil and water/agronomy tech trades as well.
At last.
Well the"Family Business" that is Saudi Arabia......is in a percarious position.....watch this space
Maybe, but the Saudis are not stupid, and this is way better choice over the others.

At last.

Well the"Family Business" that is Saudi Arabia......is in a percarious position.....watch this space

Maybe, but the Saudis are not stupid, and this is way better choice over the others.

But not for "TheMoron" who, despite his claim to the contrary, fears Arab/Israeli cooperation will mean an end to hostilities. Without deep-pocketed sponsors the Palestinians will lose their primary motivation to continue the conflict.

At last.

While the Saudis still have the biggest pool, they can see the writing on the wall. North American oil production is growing and OPEC market share and political influence is shrinking. Better to make nice and diversify their economy now rather than wait until oil hits $55/bbl and cash gets tight. Economic cooperation with Israel - something you have insincerely admitted would be good for the region - is suddenly on the horizon and you are clearly sweating. There may well be more violent unrest in the Arab Mideast - after all that's what they do - but it will price protests and cuts in gov't largesse to its citizens that will be the spark.

As North American oil production continues to ramp up and the dependency on Gulf oil declines, Mideast Arab ability to politically impose upon net oil importers may slip away. Without the oil weapon to wield, more than just OPEC will be defanged and those countries who for decades have viewed the Arab/Israel conflict through the prism of their need for Arab oil may find themselves looking for a new sugar daddy. Stay tuned.

I don't think that's a real issue - oil prices fluctuate and the ME still holds the largest reserves. I think the real issues here are ISIS and radicalization and failed states (Syria, Iraq, Libya). Israel needs to make alliances with stable states just as badly as they need to make alliances with Israel.

I don't think that's a real issue - oil prices fluctuate and the ME still holds the largest reserves. I think the real issues here are ISIS and radicalization and failed states (Syria, Iraq, Libya). Israel needs to make alliances with stable states just as badly as they need to make alliances with Israel.

No doubt Israel has long needed regional partners but in the last year her prospects have improved and not for anything Israel has done. Oil and the suddenly waning power of OPEC are major contributors to some softening in the Arab World's stance toward their economically diversified neighbor.

Are you obsessed with the Middle East? Seems like it.

Forum List

Back