Need A New EV Battery?... Waiting list is four years long..

Add this to one more reason not to own an Electric Vehicle...

Owners who have had batteries fail are now on waiting lists for FOUR YEARS...

You can't make this kind of stuff up... The EV implosions have begun...

EV Owner Needs Replacement Battery, Told She'll Have to Wait Four Years to Get It (westernjournal.com)
First off Billie, are you lying about owning an EV?

And I'll just add: Demand for EV's has exploded as climate change has finally been accepted by the masses.

Any entrepreneurs out there?

These batteries do not fail as a unit. They are comprised of hundreds of cells, each of which fails at its own individual time. Your instrument panel will indicate the number of miles available when your EV is fully charged, and this number will gradually decrease over time. When it reaches a pre-set level (65% of the original range,or whatever), the EV manufacturer says, "You need a new battery pack."

The EV manufacturers don't want to be bothered testing individual cells and replacing those that have expired, so they push you to buy a new battery pack. But we are not talking about rocket science here. Anyone with a voltmeter and a bit of electrical expertise can test those cells, pull out the bad ones and replace them. There are simply not a lot of companies established yet that are in that business. But it will be a booming business once you have a lot of people whose EV batteries are getting close to the replacement threshold.

I haven't bothered to look this up, but if you are familiar with the YouTube channel run by "Hoovie." I think it's called "Hoovie's Garage" or some such thing. He bought a Model S and the battery pack failed on him, and he ended up sending it to a place in Florida that replaces individual cells. He ended up spending about $5k, rather than the quoted $15k, and bought himself another couple years, presumably. Maybe several years.

For reasons that elude me, there are a lot of people out there who oppose EV's, and they are constantly printing stories about failing EV's, EV's that catch on fire, and so forth. These individual stories may be factual, but EV's are no more hazardous and ICE's and focusing on every single failure is neurotic and unrealistic. Do you want a car that has a hundred things that can go wrong (engine, tranny, radiator, etc.), one that has half that many things that can go wrong. The logic is inescabable.

Questions about the grid and things of that nature are legitimate but most of these EV horror stories are bullshit.

Any entrepreneurs out there?

These batteries do not fail as a unit. They are comprised of hundreds of cells, each of which fails at its own individual time. Your instrument panel will indicate the number of miles available when your EV is fully charged, and this number will gradually decrease over time. When it reaches a pre-set level (65% of the original range,or whatever), the EV manufacturer says, "You need a new battery pack."

The EV manufacturers don't want to be bothered testing individual cells and replacing those that have expired, so they push you to buy a new battery pack. But we are not talking about rocket science here. Anyone with a voltmeter and a bit of electrical expertise can test those cells, pull out the bad ones and replace them. There are simply not a lot of companies established yet that are in that business. But it will be a booming business once you have a lot of people whose EV batteries are getting close to the replacement threshold.

I haven't bothered to look this up, but if you are familiar with the YouTube channel run by "Hoovie." I think it's called "Hoovie's Garage" or some such thing. He bought a Model S and the battery pack failed on him, and he ended up sending it to a place in Florida that replaces individual cells. He ended up spending about $5k, rather than the quoted $15k, and bought himself another couple years, presumably. Maybe several years.

For reasons that elude me, there are a lot of people out there who oppose EV's, and they are constantly printing stories about failing EV's, EV's that catch on fire, and so forth. These individual stories may be factual, but EV's are no more hazardous and ICE's and focusing on every single failure is neurotic and unrealistic. Do you want a car that has a hundred things that can go wrong (engine, tranny, radiator, etc.), one that has half that many things that can go wrong. The logic is inescabable.

Questions about the grid and things of that nature are legitimate but most of these EV horror stories are bullshit.
EV batteries are dangerous to open, especially if you have no clue what it is your doing. IN the cold they lose about 50% of their range and you have no way to keep warm. With an IC engine, even if there are problems with the drive train you can stay warm and alive. The recharge time vs filling my tank and going... is a significant loss of movement and time. EV's today are crap. they are just an expensive paper weight.

EV batteries are dangerous to open, especially if you have no clue what it is your doing. IN the cold they lose about 50% of their range and you have no way to keep warm. With an IC engine, even if there are problems with the drive train you can stay warm and alive. The recharge time vs filling my tank and going... is a significant loss of movement and time. EV's today are crap. they are just an expensive paper weight.
I strongly suspect that the mechanics at the dealers DO know what they're doing. If the battery pack as a whole had not degraded too much, it can be opened and individual cells replaced. See: What Happens to the Old Batteries in Electric Cars? - Consumer Reports. As to keeping warm in an EV, see: This Guy Slept In 2021 Tesla Model 3 In -8°C To Check Battery Efficiency and Cold Weather Idling in an EV

Climate change has been accepted by the masses of minions who swallow whatever the Democrats and their media feeds them.
If people are so gullible, why haven't they bought on to the lies that Republicans have told them? Oh, wait, I guess they did.

Forum List

Back