Need a good Role Playing Game to past the time

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
So any suggestions?

I am more to story driven games and not massive open realm games like the Elder Scroll Series, just FYI.

Computer or Board.

If you like older tactical, operational, and or strategical AH or SPI games, computer or board, you will pass the time well.

• Banned
Computer or Board.

If you like older tactical, operational, and or strategical AH or SPI games, computer or board, you will pass the time well.

Console system mainly.

My computing devices are no longer the old tower and laptop systems and use pads and phones now. I use the console system at home and in the office during down time to relax and ignore society and stupidity and the other time is here with you and the wonderful writers on the USMB...

Have you tried playing Arcane Legends? I play on my computer or kindle. It's fun and you can play with other players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Witcher 3 is the best rpg in YEARS. It is a big game tho. The story telling is really good and the side quests are like mini stories rather than bullshit fetch quests.

Dark Souls 3 is amazing but VERY punishing if you're not familiar with the game type.

New season of GW2 just dropped a week ago. I'm still working on the last few chapters of Season 4 though. :71:

It's pretty cheap. No monthly fee like the others. Just buy an expansion and you are all set to go.

You can always try for free before you buy if you like.

Play Guild Wars 2 for free - Guild Wars 2

If you have a desktop that could play PC games as of 2012, your machine could probably handle it. Otherwise, forget about it. It continues to grow and change. . . and once you have that expansion, there is no more cost! It's great if you are on a fixed income.

accolades-en.d51a5c4a.png

Minimum System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements

So any suggestions?

I am more to story driven games and not massive open realm games like the Elder Scroll Series, just FYI.

Check out the stronghold series. It's she sims with castles. Way old but still fun.
That's not a role playing game (RPG,) that's a real time strategy (RTS) game, like Age of Empires or Star Craft. :heehee:

So any suggestions?

Check out the stronghold series. It's she sims with castles. Way old but still fun.
That's not a role playing game (RPG,) that's a real time strategy (RTS) game, like Age of Empires or Star Craft. :heehee:

I apologize. All I know for sure is that when you start it's day time, and when you stop its day time 3 days later

So any suggestions?

I apologize. All I know for sure is that when you start it's day time, and when you stop its day time 3 days later
Agreed, it's a good RTS. It is one of the more difficult ones IMO. I had a lot of fun with it when my kid when he was 10 or 11. We have two PC's networked, and we would play against the computer AI. It's AI is pretty good, better than Empire Earth, probably not as good as AoE II and AoE III. Better than Age of Empires the first game.

So any suggestions?

What system are you looking for and how old of a game are you okay with?

I am the guy that went by that nickname Bruce T. Laney...

I am on Nintendo Switch and let me say I have played the original Tales of the Unknown...

So any suggestions?

You could bend over and shove your head up your ass and pretend you're a democrat.

Oh, well hat you do on family game night?

Also I am Bruce T. Laney and I approve this response and hope you learn this has no place in this section and please keep your rude comments where it belongs...

So any suggestions?

I am on Nintendo Switch and let me say I have played the original Tales of the Unknown...
I have not played that nor do I know much about the switch sadly. But, an open-world RPG I have taken an interest in is the Knights of the old republic series. It is not as open as the elder scrolls games and is much older making it accessible to pretty much anyone with a computer. Wish I could help more in that area.

So any suggestions?

I have not played that nor do I know much about the switch sadly. But, an open-world RPG I have taken an interest in is the Knights of the old republic series. It is not as open as the elder scrolls games and is much older making it accessible to pretty much anyone with a computer. Wish I could help more in that area.

Played both games and enjoyed them when they came out... I am trying to finish Breath of the Wild but boy it takes me forever and I am playing Torchlight II and have Battle Chasers as my next on the list of games...

I am old and let me tell you I cut my teeth on a Apple II and Oregon Trail...

So any suggestions?

Played both games and enjoyed them when they came out... I am trying to finish Breath of the Wild but boy it takes me forever and I am playing Torchlight II and have Battle Chasers as my next on the list of games...

I have heard the Zelda games are good however I have no experience with them. I'm currently working through KOTOR 2, the Fable series, and a personal favorite Kingdom Come Deliverance. I'm about 19 though I took some time to enjoy the Oregon Trail and frankly enjoyed it. I think I cut my teeth on Morrowind on the OG Xbox before I could read which if you have ever played you can definitely see why not being able to read was an issue.

So any suggestions?

I have heard the Zelda games are good however I have no experience with them. I'm currently working through KOTOR 2, the Fable series, and a personal favorite Kingdom Come Deliverance. I'm about 19 though I took some time to enjoy the Oregon Trail and frankly enjoyed it. I think I cut my teeth on Morrowind on the OG Xbox before I could read which if you have ever played you can definitely see why not being able to read was an issue.

I am not laughing because I am laughing at you but I played the original Elder Scrolls Arena when I lived in Oregon!!!

I will not tell you how KOTOR ends but just enjoy...

If you liked Oblivion from Elder Scrolls then play Kingdoms of Amalur and you will enjoy the visual effects...

New Topics

Forum List

Back