Need a computer? Buy American! Not a computer from China!

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
Merritt Island, FL
There ARE American Businesses who assemble computers and service them here in AMERICA! Not from outside the country!

But are these computers worth it? YES!
They are machines that can do work at a competitive price!

Systemax Computers [USA] -Systemax has a policy never to outsource an American job.
Systemax Desktop Computers at CompUSA.com

Pudget Systems [USA] - Pudget Systems is an American manufacturer based out of Seattle. They specialize in custom, build to order computers, based on high quality parts and excellent customer service.
Custom PC Builder, Gaming Computers, Desktops, Laptops, Servers

ZT Systems [USA] - ZT Systems is an American manufacturer of high quality PCs. Based in New Jersey, they build affordable desktops and notebooks for home use. They also manufacture high powered computers and servers for business use.

ZT computers are priced competitively, but still use quality components. And not only are their computers made in the USA, but they’re supported here too. That’s even sweeter because ZT Systems stands by their products by offering lifetime 24/7 technical support, a tremendous value.
Walmart.com: Search Results for "ZT SYSTEMS"
Buy.com

so if you buy a computer, but one from these businesses. dont give money to China. ;)

There ARE American Businesses who assemble computers and service them here in AMERICA! Not from outside the country!

But are these computers worth it? YES!
They are machines that can do work at a competitive price!

Systemax Computers [USA] -Systemax has a policy never to outsource an American job.
Systemax Desktop Computers at CompUSA.com

Pudget Systems [USA] - Pudget Systems is an American manufacturer based out of Seattle. They specialize in custom, build to order computers, based on high quality parts and excellent customer service.
Custom PC Builder, Gaming Computers, Desktops, Laptops, Servers

ZT Systems [USA] - ZT Systems is an American manufacturer of high quality PCs. Based in New Jersey, they build affordable desktops and notebooks for home use. They also manufacture high powered computers and servers for business use.

ZT computers are priced competitively, but still use quality components. And not only are their computers made in the USA, but they’re supported here too. That’s even sweeter because ZT Systems stands by their products by offering lifetime 24/7 technical support, a tremendous value.
Walmart.com: Search Results for "ZT SYSTEMS"
Buy.com

so if you buy a computer, but one from these businesses. dont give money to China. ;)

I applaude your effort to help Americans buy American.

But I must ask you if these companies are manufacturing the computers, or merely assembling parts made offshore?

I suspect they're merely asembling the parts.

My first real PC had a 1 Gig hard drive and a whopping 16 megs of memory and cost 1600 bucks so it really blows me a way to see modern computers with a Terabyte hard drive 16 Gigs of memory! Just wow!

My first computer was a Commodore 64 (Commode Door) so that had what, a 64K hard drive?

My first real PC had a 1 Gig hard drive and a whopping 16 megs of memory and cost 1600 bucks so it really blows me a way to see modern computers with a Terabyte hard drive 16 Gigs of memory! Just wow!
Yup. IN fact the continuous decline in cost of computers might be the bery BEST argument for free market capitalism AND free trade, too.

I say this completely aware that I often complain about both deregulated markets AND of course, FREE TRADE, too

My first computer was a Commodore 64 (Commode Door) so that had what, a 64K hard drive?

I taught myself some BASIC on a Radioshack box around 1980.

It had NO HARD DRIVE, no monitor and no software, either. It ran on RS DOS, (I guess)

It did have 64K of RAM, though.

The first box I purchased for home use was a Mac+ in about '87. It had 1 MEG of RAM, no hard drive, and a single 64K floppy.

It cost $2100.

When I first got it, it seems like a rocketship compared to that RS box, or the LISA's I'd been using at work.

I've purchased nine computer systems since 87 and in the beginning I really had to stretch my budget to buy most of them. First because boxes and parpherals were so dmned expensive, secondly because I then needed top of the line models or at least more RAM and HD than most folks

Now even the cheapest computer exceeds my technical needs.

Truly the growth and power of computers has become extraordinary in even my brief exposure to the technology.

What started out as a toy has become literally the center focus of my life.

I'm not entirely sure that's a healthy thing, but as I make most of my income working on these boxes, and as my entertainment tends to happen on line, and as most of my socializing with friends and family happen via the NET, I guess that's just the way it is.

I used to LOVE techology, now I pretty much take it for granted until it isn't working.

Yeah, it keeps on getting more powerful.
But Hard Drives have kinda reached their limit in speed
Solid State Drives replace hard drives in terms of speed
But a PCIe Solid State Drive is the fastest you can go. It utilizes the expansion slots which have a much faster data transfer rate.

And there are allready laptops that can take 32 Gigs of memory. (and desktops too. 32 gigs is all windows can handle. We don't know what windows 8 can handle yet)

Processors can go to 4GHZ+ if you have the correct cooling and a factory unlocked processor.

AMD just released an 8core processor. Intel is soon to follow. (I believe with ivey bridge. I dont know if they will have the 8 core under the sandy bridge platform)

Video cards have the cross fire ability. (when they connect together to become one) and there is a card that has a whopping 4GB of memory thats GDDR5.

Forum List

Back