Nearly two-thirds of all Americans want the government to focus on monitoring asteroids

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
th

Imagine that. Now an asteroid stuck the earth around 10,000 BC, killed off a lot of different species, and ended the last ice age. I'll bet Otto Muck might have something to say about that...

*****SMILE*****

:)

Well this is surprising, I thought the AGW cult said climate change was the biggest issue?

Giant asteroid strike 13K years ago had 'global consequences,' shocking study says

The research, published in the journal Palaeontologia Africana, suggests an asteroid strike with "global consequences" occurred 12,800 years ago. This devastating strike caused mass destruction, wiped out many species of animals and led to climate change, during an episode event known as Younger Dryas.
I have it on good authority that this was not what killed off the dinosaurs.

This is a pet peeve of mine that I've posted on several times. We have the technology to have a space based asteroid detection and deflection system.

I would rather us spend the lousy 50 billion and protect our grid from a EMP or solar flare.

It would suck with no A/C or refrigerator

This is a pet peeve of mine that I've posted on several times. We have the technology to have a space based asteroid detection and deflection system.

I would rather us spend the lousy 50 billion and protect our grid from a EMP or solar flare.

No cars, no truck deliveries, no fuel, no food, prisons opened, criminal gangs everywhere, no hospitals, no police, and the first year would see a 90 percent population fatality rate.

No cars, no truck deliveries, no fuel, no food, prisons opened, criminal gangs everywhere, no hospitals, no police, and the first year would see a 90 percent population fatality rate.

So much for global warming.

We are monitoring asteroids ... finding new ones everyday ... my understanding is we're clear for a couple hundred years, past that the math gets inaccurate ... this is crazy big asteroids, not the little stuff like the one that hit Russia a few years ago ...

The Asteroid Attacks hysteria did prompt a mess of really good science, we have a fairly good inventory of the contents of our solar system, which helps discovery how the solar system formed ... I expect all this Climate Change hysteria will produce much the same, some really good important science which can be used to protect human life and property ...

More research is always better ...

Well this is surprising, I thought the AGW cult said climate change was the biggest issue?

Giant asteroid strike 13K years ago had 'global consequences,' shocking study says

The research, published in the journal Palaeontologia Africana, suggests an asteroid strike with "global consequences" occurred 12,800 years ago. This devastating strike caused mass destruction, wiped out many species of animals and led to climate change, during an episode event known as Younger Dryas.
It was high cholesterol..

Fake news

Fake news
Well either that or heart disease...

We should spend a lot more time monitoring the HEMORRHOIDS.

250px-US_Capitol_west_side.JPG

New Topics

Forum List

Back