Nearly half of small town Wisconsin cops are suspended.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
It seems that Alcohol Awareness and other training is going to be needed as part of the Reform the Police effort.

Four cops in total are suspended with two facing charges from episodes of excessive alcohol intake on two separate occasions. Yes. One even shot a man in the groin.

The officer charged in the shooting said he had taken the weapon from his safe after consuming twelve beers and did not understand how it fired since.

He told an investigator he didn’t have his “booger picker on the bang switch” when the gun fired — jargon that means he didn’t have his finger on the trigger, according to the criminal complaint. The bullet pierced through the man’s groin and lodged in his thigh, which required surgery.

I have no doubt that in describing the situation to investigators the use of official language like booger picker is encouraged.

I also know of one pistol that will fire with the safety on. It is the Taurus Millennium Pro Series. If the trigger is depressed even slightly when the safety is applied the weapon will fire if you pull the trigger even with the safety on. But again, the “Booger Picker” is on the “Bang Switch”.

There was a problem with early Remington 700 series rifles. The trigger was constructed of two pieces of metal and if they separated the rifle would fire when the safety was released. In other words the rifle could fire even if there was no pressure on the trigger. That design flaw was corrected. And the 700 is a bolt action rifle, not a pistol.

But modern firearms are designed with multiple safety functions. All of which are disengaged when the “Bang Switch” is moved to make bang.

Even the Glock which has no manual safety switch has a firing pin block to prevent the firing pin from striking the primer unless the trigger is pulled. Modern Revolvers have a transfer bar which raises when the trigger is pulled. Otherwise the firing pin does not hit the primer. It no go bang for our friends in Law Enforcement.

another Smann cop hater thread
1. Yahoo--HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
2. bullshit
3. the population is about 4000 = the police force is not that big = your OP title is bullshit ..about 10 cops
4. SMann thinks he's perfect--he would NEVER do anything wrong

1. Yahoo--HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
2. bullshit
3. the population is about 4000 = the police force is not that big = your OP title is bullshit ..about 10 cops
You have to love the crazy. They want to defund the police, make them kinder more gentle. But the minute theses same fools hear or see something they don’t like they want the police there immediately, guns drawn.

1. Yahoo--HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
2. bullshit

How perfect do you have to be not to handle firearms when you are intoxicated. We are not talking the ability to do advanced Physics Math here. We are talking basic safety rules. I mean, there are warnings about not operating heavy machinery when you are drinking. This is not brain surgery. It is basic common sense safety rules.

That is what is hilarious. You act like we expect unreasonable levels of proficiency and perfection from the cops. Notice. I did not comment on the charges. I did not demand he be charged with Attempted Murder. Or any other felony. If the situation was as described in the story then Misdemeanor charges are appropriate. They would be appropriate for anyone, not just cops, who shot their friend while intoxicated.

I mentioned the weapons extensively. I suppose in your case I should have explained why. If the weapon did malfunction, then charges might not be appropriate. Not because he is a cop. But because if the weapon fired without command then his responsibility is lessened.

The problem is anyone who comments on something, anything, the cops do is an automatic cop hater to you. You are the unreasonable one. You are the nut who makes asinine statements.

And as far as alcohol and responsibility remember that a DUI is just about a career ending event in the Military. How dare they expect their Soldiers to be perfect? A drunken bar fight can also end a career. This is obviously outrageous. How can we expect levels of that kind of perfection from our troops?

At least the Cop in this story could have read the can or bottle. Drink Responsibly.

What is really interesting. When the cops broke the neck of a guy passed out in the front yard you said it was his fault for getting that drunk. When it is a cop who is too intoxicated anyone who dares object is the one who is wrong.

1. Yahoo--HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
2. bullshit
You have to love the crazy. They want to defund the police, make them kinder more gentle. But the minute theses same fools hear or see something they don’t like they want the police there immediately, guns drawn.

Actually I have only ever called for reform. To hold the police responsible for misconduct and misbehavior.

And I never call the cops unless required by law to do so.

1. Yahoo--HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
2. bullshit

Actually I have only ever called for reform. To hold the police responsible for misconduct and misbehavior.

While holding police responsible is a good thing but it has been done for years, it is not something new.

as far as calling police only when required by law. I imagine that you would call if someone was threatening your person, unless you plan on blasting away.

1. Yahoo--HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
2. bullshit

While holding police responsible is a good thing but it has been done for years, it is not something new.

as far as calling police only when required by law. I imagine that you would call if someone was threatening your person, unless you plan on blasting away.

A verbal threat does not bother me. Actions are what I respond to. You know, like your Mommy told you? Sticks and stones?

Verbal Threats are laughable. The only reason I would pull a gun is if I saw a weapon. A threat or maybe dangerous is not reason enough to pull my concealed.

Otherwise I do not call. I live deep in the Rural areas of Georgia. Cops take fifteen minutes to a half hour or so to arrive. Paramedics take about the same. When I broke my ankle it took Paramedics 45 minutes to get there. The closer unit was tied up.

So that leaves the city. I go to visit friends in the Bad sections of town, and no problems. I’ve never been mugged or assaulted. I’ve bought things in the worst areas. No problems even at night.

1. Yahoo--HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
2. bullshit

How perfect do you have to be not to handle firearms when you are intoxicated. We are not talking the ability to do advanced Physics Math here. We are talking basic safety rules. I mean, there are warnings about not operating heavy machinery when you are drinking. This is not brain surgery. It is basic common sense safety rules.

That is what is hilarious. You act like we expect unreasonable levels of proficiency and perfection from the cops. Notice. I did not comment on the charges. I did not demand he be charged with Attempted Murder. Or any other felony. If the situation was as described in the story then Misdemeanor charges are appropriate. They would be appropriate for anyone, not just cops, who shot their friend while intoxicated.

I mentioned the weapons extensively. I suppose in your case I should have explained why. If the weapon did malfunction, then charges might not be appropriate. Not because he is a cop. But because if the weapon fired without command then his responsibility is lessened.

The problem is anyone who comments on something, anything, the cops do is an automatic cop hater to you. You are the unreasonable one. You are the nut who makes asinine statements.

And as far as alcohol and responsibility remember that a DUI is just about a career ending event in the Military. How dare they expect their Soldiers to be perfect? A drunken bar fight can also end a career. This is obviously outrageous. How can we expect levels of that kind of perfection from our troops?

At least the Cop in this story could have read the can or bottle. Drink Responsibly.

What is really interesting. When the cops broke the neck of a guy passed out in the front yard you said it was his fault for getting that drunk. When it is a cop who is too intoxicated anyone who dares object is the one who is wrong.
.....humans make mistakes---and so do you......you try to make it seem like ALL cops mess up/etc
..you are constantly bad mouthing the police ..for every time a cop screws up, I can bring up 500,000 times they don't

1. Yahoo--HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
2. bullshit

.....humans make mistakes---and so do you......you try to make it seem like ALL cops mess up/etc
..you are constantly bad mouthing the police ..for every time a cop screws up, I can bring up 500,000 times they don't

So the drunk guy who got his neck broken deserved it because he was drunk. And the cop can’t be the subject of conversation when he does something stupid when he’s drunk. Got it.

Douche.

‘But modern firearms are designed with multiple safety functions. All of which are disengaged when the “Bang Switch” is moved to make bang.’ ibid

As an aside, the most effective safety functions aren’t found only on ‘modern’ firearms.

Which is why I carry a CZ P-01, alloy frame, hammer-fired, decocker.

Of course, there is no safety function impervious to the reckless, irresponsible idiocy profiled in the OP.

Forum List

Back