Nearly 2 million barrels of Russian diesel are stranded at sea because no one wants to buy them

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
As much as 1.9 million barrels of Russian diesel have been put into floating storage due to lack of buyers, according to Kpler data cited by Bloomberg.

That's the largest at-sea buildup since October 2020, when global energy markets were still reeling from the COVID-19 pandemic, which triggered a sudden collapse in demand.

A record number of Russian diesel cargoes were sailing last week without a destination, Bloomberg reported.

The growing stockpile of unsold diesel comes amid an unseasonably warm winter that has reduced consumption of heating fuels.

Meanwhile, the European Union imposed additional sanctions on Russia early in February, banning refined oil products and imposing price caps alongside G-7 countries.

Before the sanctions took effect, Europe imported considerable amounts of fuel in preparation for winter. But with a warmer-than-usual season, demand for diesel has eased and Europe enjoys its largest stockpile in years.

Russia is having trouble finding buyers for its crude oil as well. A cargo of Russian oil is headed to West Africa, a region that produces crude and presumably has little use for Moscow's supplies.

On Friday, a tanker named Theseus arrived in Ghana, carrying about 600,000 barrels of Russian crude, according to Bloomberg. Ghana itself is an exporter of crude and sits next to Nigeria and Angola, the two largest oil-producing countries in sub-Saharan Africa.

The EU similarly banned Russian crude and imposed a price cap in December. The punitive measures are part of a series of sanctions from the West, after Russian President Vladimir Putin launched the war on Ukraine last February.

The embargoes and price caps are designed to keep Russian energy flowing to global markets while hitting the revenue the Kremlin can generate for its war efforts.

Not enough tanks and now too much oil. No wonder Putin is in such a bad mood.

They can keep their 1.9 million barrels of diesel.

If that was 1.9 million barrels of vodka, I"d be all over it.

As much as 1.9 million barrels of Russian diesel have been put into floating storage due to lack of buyers, according to Kpler data cited by Bloomberg.

That's the largest at-sea buildup since October 2020, when global energy markets were still reeling from the COVID-19 pandemic, which triggered a sudden collapse in demand.

A record number of Russian diesel cargoes were sailing last week without a destination, Bloomberg reported.

Not enough tanks and now too much oil. No wonder Putin is in such a bad mood.
Putin would sneer at you -- a true Gullible .
Since when did Bloomberg start to tell the truth ?

Always give yourself a chance not to look silly by starting with the questions ;-
Does it even sound believable ?, and ,
Where can I obtain other known support reports from ?

Putin would sneer at you -- a true Gullible .
Since when did Bloomberg start to tell the truth ?

Always give yourself a chance not to look silly by starting with the questions ;-
Does it even sound believable ?, and ,
Where can I obtain other known support reports from ?

When did bloomberg start to lie? Ask yourself the following questions:

Am I a liberal hack? Do I not believe the source because I don't like what they say?

Do I actually think Biden is a good president?

If you answered yes to any of those, STFU.

When did bloomberg start to lie? Ask yourself the following questions:

Am I a liberal hack? Do I not believe the source because I don't like what they say?

Do I actually think Biden is a good president?

If you answered yes to any of those, STFU.
Send a coherent English translation privately after you have decided exactly what is in your mind .

If you believe that Deep State would not include the financial sector when buying and obligating the MSM , you need serious help.
It is the key part of all propaganda .

Forum List

Back