Neanderthal ears were tuned to hear speech just like modern humans

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This i s an interesting article in the New Scientist. I cannot help but believe that there is a certain amount of revisionism at work here. The "experts" are holding up modern man as the pinnacle of civilised development.

This is quite debatable. I would suggest that the boffins play the tape of the recent CPAC in Orlando and then consider if we are in any way superior to the much derided neanderthals.

Certainly, we cannot claim that our powers of comprehension have developed since the stone ages. Neither has our willingness to worship fake idols.

Where did we lose our way ?

This i s an interesting article in the New Scientist. I cannot help but believe that there is a certain amount of revisionism at work here. The "experts" are holding up modern man as the pinnacle of civilised development.

This is quite debatable. I would suggest that the boffins play the tape of the recent CPAC in Orlando and then consider if we are in any way superior to the much derided neanderthals.

Certainly, we cannot claim that our powers of comprehension have developed since the stone ages. Neither has our willingness to worship fake idols.

To the contrary, much of what we are today we owe to the Neanderthals. They were faster, stronger and more durable than we are; one on one, we stood no chance against them. They were smart, fierce hunters, and very tough. Their downfall was mainly likely due to changes in the climate plus the fact that they never developed the throwing spear or arrow going up against the larger mastadon and Wooly mammoth, and relied upon close up confrontation with the kill attacking it directly and stabbing it.

Homo survived because we had not only greater geographic diversification, but better abstract reasoning skills so became better and more creative tool makers, ie, better problem solvers, more adaptive. But every one of us with ancestry north of central Africa carries with them some neanderthal genes with them today.

wow,, its almost like they were real humans and not some other made up species like so many claim,,,

See, Tommy, there's hope for you yet!

If your only intention was more partisan stupidity, why bother with the pretext of this topic in the first place? Not getting enough attention?

See, Tommy, there's hope for you yet!
Tommy is jealous because he knows that Neanderthals are vastly superior to him.

I think genetic scientists were able to isolate the Neanderthal gene and found that they interbred with humans during the relative short time they shared the European continent and if memory serves they found the remains of a half human half Neanderthal child. It was probably more like prehistoric rape than "interbreeding" but who are we to judge.

Forum List

Back