NCAA Playoff Picture

Why were they worthy of 4th place last week, win big and are not worthy this week?

Its obvious. Ohio State scored big, and defended even bigger in a much more significant game against a much powerful opponent than TCU.

OSU also held a team with a Heisman quality RB ( who ran for over 400 yards in 3 quarters a few weeks earlier) scoreless while scoring 59.

TCU beat Iowa Junior high.

Not sure where the "2nd best defense in the nation" came from, but they are a solid team

Yards Allowed.

The Badgers defense, No. 2 in the nation in yards allowed per game, runs a rare 3-4 front, meaning three defensive linemen and four linebackers. They will sometimes mix it up with four down linemen.

Gophers football Badgers challenging on offense and defense - TwinCities.com

Even after the 59 point shellacking Wisconsin is still ranked 4th in total defense:

Total Defense FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

Penn State is ranked 2nd.

Mich State and U of M are ranked 7 and 10th.

Buckeyes beat all four.

That is more the style of play in the Big Ten, the offense of those teams are not good.

How did TCU go from 3rd, win by 52 and then drop to 6th?

Not the TCU fan but they got hosed by "The Commitee".

Yeah, TCU got punished for..... what was it again?

Explain how you win by 52 points and slide down three spots in a poll. I really would like that explained.

Explain how you are ahead of another 1 loss team and that team beat you in the regular season?

If any team got screwed it was Baylor.

In both cases the non conference schedules killed them as did the lack of a conference championship

In non con , I think one was rate in the 90's strength of schedule, and the other was dead last

I understand all of that, I am just confused, they were rated higher than FSU, OSU and Baylor. They all won, FSU barely, TCU by 52 and still lose not one, not two, but three spots. They win big and still lose spots, that makes no sense, especially when the team below them barely got by.

I could see the team barely winning losing a spot and the 55-0 jumping them.

Why was TCU's loss at Baylor, still kept them 3 last week and above Baylor and this week they are now below Baylor when the loss was several weeks ago, should not Baylor have been ahead of TCU last week?

Last edited:

Explain how you win by 52 points and slide down three spots in a poll. I really would like that explained.

Explain how you are ahead of another 1 loss team and that team beat you in the regular season?

In both cases the non conference schedules killed them as did the lack of a conference championship

In non con , I think one was rate in the 90's strength of schedule, and the other was dead last

I understand all of that, I am just confused, they were rated higher than FSU, OSU and Baylor. They all won, FSU barely, TCU by 52 and still lose not one, not two, but three spots. They win big and still lose spots, that makes no sense, especially when the team below them barely got by.

Why was TCU's loss at Baylor, still kept them 3 last week and above Baylor and this week they are now below Baylor when the loss was several weeks ago, should not Baylor have been ahead of TCU last week?

I am also confused as to why a team with one loss to a top ranked team was jumped by a team with one loss to a team that is barely bowl eligible.

TCU lost to Baylor. Baylor is also on the edge of being in the tournament. OSU lost to VaTech, who is 6-6 for the season.

I am also confused as to why a team with one loss to a top ranked team was jumped by a team with one loss to a team that is barely bowl eligible.

TCU lost to Baylor. Baylor is also on the edge of being in the tournament. OSU lost to VaTech, who is 6-6 for the season.

My opinion

The ncaa sent two messages

1. Quit scheduling Patsies
2. Championship games matter

My opinion

Baylor has 3 ranked teams on their schedule. They beat them all.
TCU played 5 ranked teams and beat 4 of them.
Ohio State played 2 ranked teams. And beat both of them.

I have a better question. In week 15, GA Tech was ranked #12 in the AP poll. They lost to FSU, and are now ranked #10. WTF?

My opinion

I have a better question. In week 15, GA Tech was ranked #12 in the AP poll. They lost to FSU, and are now ranked #10. WTF?

Ohio state had three. Mich St, Wiscy and Minnesota.

The big 12 didn't help themselves by not declaring a champ until after the final four. Then they declare it to be TCU. What a bonehead. TCU was declared the champ because they were higher rated? Might as well of just flipped a damn coin!

Now, with co champions what does the committee do? Put in both? Kick out a defending unbeaten national champ to make room? Only a league with Texas in it would think that's a good idea.

Any league with Texas in it will continue to have these problems. The rules of that league will be made to fit UT 's wishes, no matter how it screws the rest.

My opinion

Ohio state had three. Mich St, Wiscy and Minnesota.

The big 12 didn't help themselves by not declaring a champ until after the final four. Then they declare it to be TCU. What a bonehead. TCU was declared the champ because they were higher rated? Might as well of just flipped a damn coin!

Now, with co champions what does the committee do? Put in both? Kick out a defending unbeaten national champ to make room? Only a league with Texas in it would think that's a good idea.

Any league with Texas in it will continue to have these problems. The rules of that league will be made to fit UT 's wishes, no matter how it screws the rest.

Had Baylor played TCU in a conference championship game (not reg season) I don't think there is much of an argument.

But yes, Blake Sims did know he was going to start in the conference championship. But so did the sophomore Cardell Jones. Since he started the week before, after having had the previous starter break his ankle in the Michigan game, Jones came in to finish the 4th quarter and knew he would be the starter for the conference championship.

Cardell came off the bench the week before starting against WISC but he did not know he would be the starter prior to JT's injury. Cardell had only one week to practice with the first stringers. Sims was the starting QB the entire season was he not?

You honestly think the QB was the reason for the rout? Didn't the defense hold them to ZERO? Did not the defense make huge plays? Give it a rest.
This will all be settled on the field.

Sims has played a variety of positions.

He is a winner, and I think bama takes it all, but I am not getting into a pissfest over it.

I am patient.

My opinion

3. Urban Legend sells tickets.

College football is retarded.

Take the winners of the Big Five conferences, the top three ranked that aren't conference winners, and have an 8-team playoff.

And stop this ridiculous committee nonsense.

The BCS was better than this.

Take the winners of the Big Five conferences, the top three ranked that aren't conference winners, and have an 8-team playoff.

Not sure I agree. Imagine that Bama and Oregon play for the national championship and an undefeated FSU is left out. Not pretty.

FSU is in, which play them? Leave out Oregon? Bama?

Bring back the poll system?????

We get to piss and moan 24/7/365

Those were the good ol days!

:)

Not sure I agree. Imagine that Bama and Oregon play for the national championship and an undefeated FSU is left out. Not pretty.

The BCS was better than this. It's ridiculous.

Let the algorithms pick the four best teams and let them play.

The BCS was better than this. It's ridiculous.

Let the algorithms pick the four best teams and let them play.

The BCS picked two teams to play for the championship. This system has 4 teams playing for the championship. More teams playing is better. I'm not sure if algorithms would have selected any different teams.

Cardale Jones @CJ12_
Follow

3rd String
1f60f.png

1:06 PM - 2 Jan 2015

Nice Tweet

Ohio State QB Cardale Jones puts haters in their place after beating Alabama FOX Sports

Ohio State should be in, because they did it with the third string quarterback. Depth of program could not be any clearer.
How many decent teams did they play?

Did they beat a 'bama?

Did they beat an Auburn?

Did they beat a Mississippi State?

Did they beat a Mississppi?

Did they beat an LSU?

Any five of those teams this year could compete in a playoff against TCU, Baylor, Oregon, OSU, FSU or any other contenders.

:lol:

Forum List

Back