NCAA Division I Football Players

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
So I have no idea how this will play out, but with he cancellation of the football season, will the "scholarship" athletes continue going to school as mere students? Will they take a "gap year"? Surely, they will retain four years of varsity sports eligibility, but will their scholarships (tuition, fees, room & board) be extended to five years?

Any insights?

Some have hinted that the season will merely be delayed until January, but that seems an unlikely eventuality. There will be no vaccine by that time, so in reality nothing will change. Maybe President Biden will simply declare the CV defeated! And we can all move on.

That's going to make next year's NFL draft even more of a crap shoot. BTW, with redshirting scholarships can already last for 5 years.

It seems they would retain their eligibility.

Problem is you will have five classes of eligible players on scholarship. You are only allowed so many scholarships. What happens with incoming Freshmen?

I doubt if any NCAA football or basketball scholarship players are "students". They are hired entertainers.

I doubt if any NCAA football or basketball scholarship players are "students". They are hired entertainers.

Most have no chance at the pros. They take their studies seriously

I think the NCAA will make allowances for the extreme situation. Allowing one extra year of eligibility for those effected by the cancellation of the season isn't earthshaking. Extending the number of allowed scholarship for one year will not cause damage to college football.

I think the NCAA will make allowances for the extreme situation. Allowing one extra year of eligibility for those effected by the cancellation of the season isn't earthshaking. Extending the number of allowed scholarship for one year will not cause damage to college football.
It will be awkward.
Who makes the team, who starts, who gets playing time?

A lot of Juniors who expected to be starters next year will find holdover seniors in their way.

I hope they cancel the season because if they do the nfl said they’ll play games on Saturday and Sunday.

I think American sports, and the culture surrounding them are a complete shit show. Even withholding this Covid mess...they are completely ruined.

They will ruin themselves when the Blacks do their disrespecting with the kneeling.

They will lose a significant viewer base. NBA, MLB, NFL and college.

I think American sports, and the culture surrounding them are a complete shit show. Even withholding this Covid mess...they are completely ruined.

They will ruin themselves when the Blacks do their disrespecting with the kneeling.

Admit it
They won

Kneeling is standard in all sports now
Pout away

Admit it
They won

Kneeling is standard in all sports now
Pout away
yet...it's a vacuous accomplishment. Ever looked at a live sporting event? ******* play sports...White people pay for it. No pay...no play...kneel till your pants rip ******.

Forum List

Back