NBC/WSJ poll: Shutdown debate heavily damages GOP/Tea Party

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Okay, that's more like it.

GOP's demands shifting - Bull's-eye moving off Obamacare

Republican leaders are now focused on spending cuts in their demands for funding the government and raising the debt limit. FULL STORY

GOP dropping Obamacare in shutdown debate? - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- Forgive President Barack Obama and Democrats if they are getting confused by the tactics of House Speaker John Boehner and his Republican caucus.

After prompting a partial government shutdown by trying to undermine Obama's signature health care reforms, GOP leaders now are focused on spending cuts elsewhere in their demands for agreeing to fund the government and raise the federal borrowing limit.

Boehner, who earlier this year told his GOP colleagues that he was finished negotiating one-on-one with the president, now pleads for Obama to sit down for what he calls a "conversation" on how to reopen the government and prevent what would be the first-ever U.S. default as soon as next week.

You guys read much?
This is about a temporary debt ceiling increase initiative only.
Geez.

We'll take it... I think. :confused:

We need to take what we can get from these idiots. Raising the debt ceiling shouldn't even be in question for so many reasons, and the fact that house Tea Party members (I call them that because us ACTUAL Republicans refuse to associate with them.) is more than asinine. Do these guys read the news? Do they understand that everyone thinks they are taking this country to hell? They don't care though and neither do the people on this site that agree with them.

All of these people that associate with the Tea Party annoy me to no end. I am done defending being a Republican because they give us such a bad reputation. From berating Governor Christie for his greetings of the President to the way they take Rush Limbaugh seriously, it all just drives me nuts. Now, they think that by shifting the discussion to other cuts and off of the ACA we wont be able to see through their facade. I would like anyone on this site who affiliates with the Tea Party to provide me a concise response to what they are doing to this nation.

as we get closer to the media faux drop dead debt ceiling , the gops influence will increase, some negative stench dissipate, the fickle public even with the media trying to spoon feed them the democrat/obama narrative, cannot keep 2 things in their heads at the same time, they do to a large extent sppt spending restraints with lifting the debt ceiling.

Obama has not faired as well as he thought he would during the 'gop' shutdown, the dems have made some stupid mistakes with very bad optics ( and pumping the sequester disasters that never happened except via obama admin machinations didn't help either) so, the public eats up trash like that, and the admin. cannot totally escape responsibility for it....as it moves to the debt ceiling, things will even out....the gop may have survived the shutdown miasma....

Obama suggested a six week CR AND then NEGOTIATIONS- WITHOUT screwing the economy. Only adult involved I SWEAR...Boehner of course said no...only has cost 0.5 per cent in growth so far...

You guys read much?
Geez.

We need to take what we can get from these idiots. Raising the debt ceiling shouldn't even be in question for so many reasons, and the fact that house Tea Party members (I call them that because us ACTUAL Republicans refuse to associate with them.) is more than asinine. Do these guys read the news? Do they understand that everyone thinks they are taking this country to hell? They don't care though and neither do the people on this site that agree with them.

All of these people that associate with the Tea Party annoy me to no end. I am done defending being a Republican because they give us such a bad reputation. From berating Governor Christie for his greetings of the President to the way they take Rush Limbaugh seriously, it all just drives me nuts. Now, they think that by shifting the discussion to other cuts and off of the ACA we wont be able to see through their facade. I would like anyone on this site who affiliates with the Tea Party to provide me a concise response to what they are doing to this nation.

OUR MISSION

The Tea Party Patriots’ mission is to restore America’s founding principles of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.

OUR CORE PRINCIPLES

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY means not overspending, and not burdening our children and grandchildren with our bills. In the words of Thomas Jefferson: “the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity [is] swindling futurity on a large scale.” A more fiscally responsible government will take fewer taxes from our paychecks.

CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVERNMENT means power resides with the people and not with the government. Governing should be done at the most local level possible where it can be held accountable. America’s founders believed that government power should be limited, enumerated, and constrained by our Constitution. Tea Party Patriots agree. The American people make this country great, not our government.

FREE MARKET ECONOMICS made America an economic superpower that for at least two centuries provided subsequent generations of Americans more opportunities and higher standards of living. An erosion of our free markets through government intervention is at the heart of America’s current economic decline, stagnating jobs, and spiraling debt and deficits. Failures in government programs and government-controlled financial markets helped spark the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Further government interventions and takeovers have made this Great Recession longer and deeper. A renewed focus on free markets will lead to a more vibrant economy creating jobs and higher standards of living for future generations.

11- Actually, all the bumpkins in the Tea Party are just captive dupes of the greedy rich a-hole new BS GOP- LIBERTARIANS, CONSTITUTIONALISTS,classical liberals- brainwashed BOZOS voting against their own best interests...pathetic.

Last edited:
Actual Republicans.

LOL

The debt ceiling is mechanism to PREVENT OUT OF CONTROL DEBT. If our Gov't is continuing down the path of MASSIVE DEBTS then it can be used as a Weapon. Whether the weapon works is dependent on the GOP standing it's ground to get COMPROMISE from the other side. It has been used many times before, and WORKED WHEN CLINTON WAS IN OFFICE. It forced cuts, and lower debts.

When it worked the Dems claimed, LOOK WHAT WE DID, when forced to do so.

Obamacare is a law from hell. One poster, on this thread, has already stated that they will take back the house and FIX IT. Finally one Dem poster who understands that it NEED REPAIR. It is damaging our economy with the 30 hour rule, new taxes, stealing from Medicare to Fund it, and MILLIONS WILL LOSE THEIR INSURANCE before it's done.

Rates will go up and have started going up, in those outside the Poverty levels. Also, Obama and the Dems have delayed key elements of the LAW WITHOUT these delays being approved by Congress. And then they say, IT'S THE LAW, but we'll delay these because we only have to OBEY THOSE LAWS WE SEEM WORTHY.

They have made those delays DUE TO BACKLASH FROM THEIR OWN SIDE, and to delay the larger consequences until after the election.

TRUE CONSERVATIVES HAS MADE A STAND to fight this POS law. Whether FUTILE OR NOT now the Dems will have to negotiate REAL CUTS THIS TIME. Instead of the Sequester BS, that they are already trying to get rid of now.

You guys read much?
Geez.

How does it feel to have your principles given to you by another? I'm truly curious.

Obama suggested a six week CR AND then NEGOTIATIONS- WITHOUT screwing the economy. Only adult involved I SWEAR...Boehner of course said no...only has cost 0.5 per cent in growth so far...

Cost us .5% economic growth? Under little obie we are averaging 1% per year and you think we have lost half of that pathetic number in less than two weeks? Are you retarded?

as you can see, the brainwashed loudmouth moron Tea PARTY ARE DESTROYING THE GOP LOL. The silent majority roars, and it ain't pretty, unracist, or rational anymore...:cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_whistle:

We knew they would. Boehner is fuck'n liberal and a coward (and he's a liar too as the e-mails recently released by Harry Reid's office proves).

This is exactly why the Tea Party continues to grow. We need to purge the Republican Party of liberals. Put them over on the left where they belong.

On a side note, what does it say about how radical off the hinges the Dumbocrat party has become when liberals like John Boehner aren't far enough left for them?

Cost us .5% economic growth? Under little obie we are averaging 1% per year and you think we have lost half of that pathetic number in less than two weeks? Are you retarded?

It's franco! Of course he's retarded. He's also a troll. And ignorant. And impotent. And.....

Forum List

Back