NBC Today Show: “Black kids not playing baseball”

This is another race-bait from NBC. Blame whites, shake down Major League Baseball, etc. The article tries to use economic disparity as a factor but that does not cut it. Baseball is expensive due to equipment and travel.... but so is football. No decline in football among Blacks. Also, how come poor Latinos are finding ways to play baseball yet Blacks aren’t?

Maybe there has just been a flat out decline in interest in Baseball among American Blacks opting for other sports. Hell, interest in Baseball as a whole among ALL youth is experiencing a decline due the rise of other sports such as lacrosse.

Kids of every race aren't playing baseball nearly as much- it isn't just black kids.

I remember when I was a kid, heading off on a summer day and playing in pickup games at a local field in the afternoon. The reason is that there were a lot more kids around in the city back then. Nowadays, the kid population in the urban prairies is a lot thinner, getting enough kids to play basketball is hard enough. A lot more kids in the tremendous suburban subdivisions, but they live a lot further away from each other and that makes it more difficult for the kids just to get to the fields and that.

Pickup / sandlot baseball among all kids is extinct.
Pickup games are indeed extinct but I think it has a lot to do with the lack of kids in the neighborhood. Most baby boomers aren`t having 4 or 5 kids like their parents did.

This is another race-bait from NBC. Blame whites, shake down Major League Baseball, etc. The article tries to use economic disparity as a factor but that does not cut it. Baseball is expensive due to equipment and travel.... but so is football. No decline in football among Blacks. Also, how come poor Latinos are finding ways to play baseball yet Blacks aren’t?

Maybe there has just been a flat out decline in interest in Baseball among American Blacks opting for other sports. Hell, interest in Baseball as a whole among ALL youth is experiencing a decline due the rise of other sports such as lacrosse.

Kids of every race aren't playing baseball nearly as much- it isn't just black kids.

I remember when I was a kid, heading off on a summer day and playing in pickup games at a local field in the afternoon. The reason is that there were a lot more kids around in the city back then. Nowadays, the kid population in the urban prairies is a lot thinner, getting enough kids to play basketball is hard enough. A lot more kids in the tremendous suburban subdivisions, but they live a lot further away from each other and that makes it more difficult for the kids just to get to the fields and that.
Baseball requires all the players to follow the rules.
You can't behave yourself on the field you don't get too many second chances no matter how fast you can swing a bat.

Here's a question, why aren't White people playing the games they invented? Why is it mainly Black people that now play in the NFL and NBA? Is it because these people are racist and hate White people, or is it because they're basing qualifications on merit and Black people are better at those sports? If that's the case, then why are we picking and choosing the fields where merit is the qualifier? Why is that when Black people can't qualify on their merit then suddenly it's "racist" and based on "White Supremacy?"

I just think the double standard is atrocious and absurd.
Black people are better athletes.

Maybe not many play because not many are interested in it enough to throw down the pom poms and get in the game and that it if they even grab a pair of pom poms for the sport in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I've been a country music fan all my life. Why aren't there more black singers in the field? First they have to have any interest at all enough in the music.

...Kids of every race aren't playing baseball nearly as much- it isn't just black kids.
I saw dozens and dozens of kids playing baseball yesterday morning, and will again tomorrow evening. Yes, kids of every race.

Blacks don’t play baseball as a result of attrition and lack of daddies.
Black physical characteristics lend themselves to sports which rely on speed, acceleration and leaping ability. Those characteristics dominate basketball and football. Baseball requires excellent hand/eye coordination.
As a result, blacks gravitate to sports that they see dominated by other blacks. Especially in the generations of no daddies. The boys need those sports figures as surrogate fathers.
As far as baseball diminishing in interest in general, we have an overall dumbed-down society looking for instant gratification and titillation. Baseball relies on settings and circumstance and less constant motion. The irony is that baseball is a much more live sport than the other two because of that. In baseball, if there is a runner on base and the pitcher has the ball or the ball is deemed ‘in play‘, it is live even if no one is moving.
MLB unfortunately has lately been doing all it can to focus on boorishness and histrionics in order to allure black ghetto trash and to satisfy the dumbed-down who watch NFL and NBA.

Forum List

Back