NBC News Chuck Todd ripped for ‘embarrassing, enraging’ comments about disinformation

NBC News host Chuck Todd is under fire for saying Republicans have “an incentive structure to utter the misinformation” related to Russia in a news-making interview that has upset critics on both sides of the aisle.

snip

Media Research Center vice president Dan Gainor mocked Todd over the comments he made to Rolling Stone.

“Wow, what an interview. The kindest thing I can say is it’s delusional. Chuck thinks Trump has turned media bias into ‘sport.’ He never connects that three years of the press falsely claiming the president is a traitor results in a legitimate amount of criticism,” Gainor told Fox News. “I do agree with Chuck on one point. He said, ‘I don’t assume I’m 100 percent right, ever.’ He's certainly correct about that view. It’s the one Americans should embrace with vigor.”

Fox News contributor Dan Bongino said he noticed Axios’ headline that “NBC's Chuck Todd claims Republicans have an ‘incentive’ to spread misinformation” and didn’t appreciate it.

“A laughable statement from liberal activist, & prominent Russian collusion HOAXER, @chucktodd,” Bongino tweeted, while Mark Levin called Todd “a propagandist” who has “done enormous damage to freedom of the press and the political system.”

NBC News Chuck Todd ripped for ‘embarrassing, enraging’ comments about disinformation

Ladies, and Gentlemen,

The attack on fellow American's is now totally in the open...Today on MTP, Todd has the gaul to go after at least 63 million voters, telling America that they are either stupid, dupes, victims of propaganda, and worse yet pervayors of lies themselves...

It is just another insult, in a string of insults that the MSM have hurled at Trump supporters for 3 years now, and before that at anyone who doesn't share their world views....

My question is, do they really think that putting out a program like this helps things?

Here's the transcript of todays outrageous episode of MTP...

Meet the Press - December 29, 2019

Thoughts?
Hillary said it best.......Deplorables

NBC News host Chuck Todd is under fire for saying Republicans have “an incentive structure to utter the misinformation” related to Russia in a news-making interview that has upset critics on both sides of the aisle.

snip

Media Research Center vice president Dan Gainor mocked Todd over the comments he made to Rolling Stone.

“Wow, what an interview. The kindest thing I can say is it’s delusional. Chuck thinks Trump has turned media bias into ‘sport.’ He never connects that three years of the press falsely claiming the president is a traitor results in a legitimate amount of criticism,” Gainor told Fox News. “I do agree with Chuck on one point. He said, ‘I don’t assume I’m 100 percent right, ever.’ He's certainly correct about that view. It’s the one Americans should embrace with vigor.”

Fox News contributor Dan Bongino said he noticed Axios’ headline that “NBC's Chuck Todd claims Republicans have an ‘incentive’ to spread misinformation” and didn’t appreciate it.

“A laughable statement from liberal activist, & prominent Russian collusion HOAXER, @chucktodd,” Bongino tweeted, while Mark Levin called Todd “a propagandist” who has “done enormous damage to freedom of the press and the political system.”

Ladies, and Gentlemen,

The attack on fellow American's is now totally in the open...Today on MTP, Todd has the gaul to go after at least 63 million voters, telling America that they are either stupid, dupes, victims of propaganda, and worse yet pervayors of lies themselves...

It is just another insult, in a string of insults that the MSM have hurled at Trump supporters for 3 years now, and before that at anyone who doesn't share their world views....

My question is, do they really think that putting out a program like this helps things?

Thoughts?
I'm not saying this to be a bitch: Chuck Todd is my hero.

snip

Ladies, and Gentlemen,

Thoughts?

What a uniting sentiment.....

snip

Ladies, and Gentlemen,

Thoughts?
I'm not saying this to be a bitch: Chuck Todd is my hero.

LOL....Your "hero"? Why?

snip

Ladies, and Gentlemen,

Thoughts?
And now we know she was too kind.

Even before I gave up TV, I gave up Meet the Press because I didn't like the way Todd cuts off his guests and doesn't allow a full and fair discussion on BOTH sides. But here he is talking to one of the most precious ideas of humankind--the power of words. Words can inform or confuse or misinform, cause wars or peace. They are how we express our intent, how we share information, pass on knowledge and tell others what has happened in the past.
It is totally frightening to me that a large part of this country has been seduced into believing Alternative Facts that are NOT true.
In order to move forward in any sense, we must at least agree on what is reality. That is being undermined by propaganda to such an extent that people really are looking at each other from different planets these days.
I don't know if we can get it back.

Even before I gave up TV, I gave up Meet the Press because I didn't like the way Todd cuts off his guests and doesn't allow a full and fair discussion on BOTH sides. But here he is talking to one of the most precious ideas of humankind--the power of words. Words can inform or confuse or misinform, cause wars or peace. They are how we express our intent, how we share information, pass on knowledge and tell others what has happened in the past.
It is totally frightening to me that a large part of this country has been seduced into believing Alternative Facts that are NOT true.
In order to move forward in any sense, we must at least agree on what is reality. That is being undermined by propaganda to such an extent that people really are looking at each other from different planets these days.

Hasn't our media been complicit in this by choosing political sides, and openly declaring that?

"Alternative Facts"..."Facts aren't Facts".....guess where those terms come from.

Yep, fully aware that those came from Conway, and Gulliani....Shall we start posting tit for tat dumb statements like that? Why? Would that be productive?

snip

Ladies, and Gentlemen,

Thoughts?

Would that Russert could come back as a Force-Ghost and beat the snot out of the little weasel for ruining his show.

"Alternative Facts"..."Facts aren't Facts".....guess where those terms come from.

Yep, fully aware that those came from Conway, and Gulliani....Shall we start posting tit for tat dumb statements like that? Why? Would that be productive?
Thank you for your acknowledgement. Baby steps.....baby steps.....

Now to show your own good faith, as I have here, show me you have like examples from those that YOU agree with in the news...I'll wait.

snip

Ladies, and Gentlemen,

Thoughts?

snip

Ladies, and Gentlemen,

Thoughts?
And now we know she was too kind.
Really, too kind? How would you describe supporters of the President?

Hasn't our media been complicit in this by choosing political sides, and openly declaring that?
Right now, I'm talking about Todd's message. He is certainly not the first or the only one to bring it up, I realize, but the voice of reason HAS to be louder than the lies. It has to.

I did not see the program, but I read a good part of the transcript, and I am guessing that being Chuck Todd, all the "Alternative Facts" were supplied by the Right. Correct? That is what has everyone's feathers ruffled? The Right has gone so far overboard, though, that they have to call their own government liars and "deep state" coup masters in order to justify their unsupportable ideas.

Are there Progressives just as nutty? Sure. They aren't making up stuff about Trump, though. That's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

The Sunday shows have all been shit since Brinkley retired and Russert died....That includes Cris Wallace's mess of a show as well...MTP is now just a propaganda mill for the DNC...All a waste of your Sunday morning.
Russert was killed for exposing Obama

Right now, I'm talking about Todd's message. He is certainly not the first or the only one to bring it up, I realize, but the voice of reason HAS to be louder than the lies. It has to.

I am sorry, but are you saying that Chuck Todd is the voice of reason? Really?

I did not see the program, but I read a good part of the transcript, and I am guessing that being Chuck Todd, all the "Alternative Facts" were supplied by the Right. Correct? That is what has everyone's feathers ruffled?

That's one aspect yes....Would a "voice of reason" compile an attack like that without also pointing out that it takes two to tango, and expect to be taken seriously?

The Right has gone so far overboard, though, that they have to call their own government liars and "deep state" coup masters in order to justify their unsupportable ideas.

The Right, whoever they are, have only responded to what is admitted, and proclaimed by the Left, whoever they are...What has been going on is outrageous, and is rejected by the vast majority of hard working people in this country....I think as long as Democrats continue to demonize, and disinfranchize Republican's that voted for Trump simply because they did so, do that at their own political peril going forward.

Are there Progressives just as nutty? Sure. They aren't making up stuff about Trump, though. That's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Oh come on now....If you really believe that there are progressives that are "Just as nutty" then surely you must know that they are also making stuff up about Trump...There are stacks of stories out there that have been proven to have been made up. How can you say that?

.....an incentive structure to utter the misinformation” related to Russia....

telling America that they are either stupid, dupes, victims of propaganda, and worse yet pervayors of lies themselves...

I guess Chuckiepoo didn't get the memo that it wasn't the Republicans that were duped with propaganda about the Russians...….

I did not see the program, but I read a good part of the transcript, and I am guessing that being Chuck Todd, all the "Alternative Facts" were supplied by the Right. Correct? That is what has everyone's feathers ruffled?

That's one aspect yes....Would a "voice of reason" compile an attack like that without also pointing out that it takes two to tango, and expect to be taken seriously?

The Right has gone so far overboard, though, that they have to call their own government liars and "deep state" coup masters in order to justify their unsupportable ideas.

The Right, whoever they are, have only responded to what is admitted, and proclaimed by the Left, whoever they are...What has been going on is outrageous, and is rejected by the vast majority of hard working people in this country....I think as long as Democrats continue to demonize, and disinfranchize Republican's that voted for Trump simply because they did so, do that at their own political peril going forward.

Oh come on now....If you really believe that there are progressives that are "Just as nutty" then surely you must know that they are also making stuff up about Trump...There are stacks of stories out there that have been proven to have been made up. How can you say that?
.Would a "voice of reason" compile an attack like that without also pointing out that it takes two to tango, and expect to be taken seriously?
Are you saying you would have taken him seriously if he had included some additional examples of the Left spreading rumors and unverified crap? Really? You would have?

.Would a "voice of reason" compile an attack like that without also pointing out that it takes two to tango, and expect to be taken seriously?
Are you saying you would have taken him seriously if he had included some additional examples of the Left spreading rumors and unverified crap? Really? You would have?

That's just the point now isn't it...It's not in his DNA to admit transgressions from the left. So, to have a show with what was once a consequential as MTP once was, before hacks like him took over, bleat on misinformation without aknowledging that NBC is a perveyor of misinformation, is laughable.

Forum List

Back