NBA: The average viewership of Christmas five games is down 16.5 percent from last year and 25.3 percent from two years ago.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Seems NBA is leaking numbers drastically.

via Showbuzz Daily:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-30-at-10.55.56-AM.jpeg

Note that Pelicans-Heat and Clippers-Nuggets aired on ESPN, Warriors-Bucks and Nets-Celtics aired on ABC, and Mavs-Lakers was simulcast on ESPN and ABC. This scheduling format was consistent in all three years of this sample. A few notes:

1) The average viewership of the five games is down 16.5 percent from last year and 25.3 percent from two years ago. The marquee primetime game, Mavs-Lakers, was down 20.1 percent from last year and a whopping 32 percent from 2018, a game which featured LeBron and the Lakers versus the not-yet-depleted Warriors. Prior to 2018, the marquee Christmas Day NBA game was in the 5:00 pm ET window, rather than at night. This season’s marquee game had the lowest viewership since 2007, according to the historical ratings chart from Sports Media Watch.

via Showbuzz Daily:

Note that Pelicans-Heat and Clippers-Nuggets aired on ESPN, Warriors-Bucks and Nets-Celtics aired on ABC, and Mavs-Lakers was simulcast on ESPN and ABC. This scheduling format was consistent in all three years of this sample. A few notes:

1) The average viewership of the five games is down 16.5 percent from last year and 25.3 percent from two years ago. The marquee primetime game, Mavs-Lakers, was down 20.1 percent from last year and a whopping 32 percent from 2018, a game which featured LeBron and the Lakers versus the not-yet-depleted Warriors. Prior to 2018, the marquee Christmas Day NBA game was in the 5:00 pm ET window, rather than at night. This season’s marquee game had the lowest viewership since 2007, according to the historical ratings chart from Sports Media Watch.
My viewing is way down and I can tell you why: they haven’t solved the sneaker squeak problem. I can’t deal with it. Usually crowds diminish it, but it’s gotten really bad.

Many are watching now in ways Nielson doesn't count.

May be, but, that was probably the case in 2018 and 2019 also, so, this is an apples to apples comparison.

NBA has decided they don't need the U.S market. Let's see how many Chinese citizens pay $150 U.S for a jersey. They reproduce fake product all the time in their economy.

via Showbuzz Daily:

My viewing is way down and I can tell you why: they haven’t solved the sneaker squeak problem. I can’t deal with it. Usually crowds diminish it, but it’s gotten really bad.

Hah. An interesting point I guess. If something bugs you, it bugs you.

Hockey was difficult for me to watch at first, I got used to it, somewhat. You can often hear the yelling on the ice, which is a bonus I guess.

via Showbuzz Daily:

Hah. An interesting point I guess. If something bugs you, it bugs you.

Hockey was difficult for me to watch at first, I got used to it, somewhat. You can often hear the yelling on the ice, which is a bonus I guess.
I enjoyed no crowds for baseball because you could hear them yelling from the dugout. But that squeaking just goes though me like chalk squeaks on a blackboard.

When I watch a sporting event, I want to watch a sporting event. All this woke crap they are still cramming down everybody's throat is a real turn off.

If I watch stock car racing, do they cram that old time religion down my throat? No, but if they DID, it would be the same thing.

via Showbuzz Daily:

Thank you sports fans for doing the right thing and not watching these stuck on themselves bozos.

Forum List

Back