NBA Hall of Famers from 90's... who is in and who isn't?

The_Lyrical_Miracle

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2021
I had a discussion the other day about the HOF, I intend on doing threads about this in all sports. However, I'll start with the NBA.

Everyone has different measures for what is HOF worthy. Were you ever the best at your position? Were you ever top 3? Were you top 5 for 15 years? How many championships did you win? Were you the alpha on those teams? How many MVP's did you have? Finals MVP's?

You get the point. So, I'm going to line up some players and say whether or not they are HOF worthy or not. For the NBA fans on this board, I welcome and hope for feedback to see what you think. While I have watched plenty of 60's, 70's, and early 80's bball, I wasn't alive for it (I'm 39) and thus didn't "feel" the impact. Thus, I recuse myself from truly judging their impact.

One last thing, retired players only, and I have a "no idea" category at the end in which given their impact and statistics I'm truly puzzled as to whether to include them or not. If you have any beef with someone I said "no" to who should be on, or someone who I said "yes" to and should be left off, I welcome it.

No:
Gary Payton
Shawn Kemp
Grant Hill
Penny Hardaway
Larry Johnson
Dan Majarle
Glen Rice
Derrick Rose
Peja Stojakovic
Mark Price
Chris Webber
Amare Stoudemire
Joe Dumars
Tracy McGrady
Dikembe Mutombo
Yao Ming
Clyde Drexler

Yes:
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Shaq
Michael Jordan
Karl Malone
Dirk Nowitzki
Larry Bird
Hakeem Olajuwon
Isiah Thomas
Charles Barkley
Patrick Ewing
John Stockton
James Worthy
Scottie Pippen
Steve Nash
Dominique Wilkins
Ray Allen
Allen Iverson

I have no idea
Dennis Rodman
Reggie Miller
Alonzo Mourning
Kevin McHale
Vince Carter
Jason Kidd
Paul Pierce

I had a discussion the other day about the HOF, I intend on doing threads about this in all sports. However, I'll start with the NBA.

Everyone has different measures for what is HOF worthy. Were you ever the best at your position? Were you ever top 3? Were you top 5 for 15 years? How many championships did you win? Were you the alpha on those teams? How many MVP's did you have? Finals MVP's?

You get the point. So, I'm going to line up some players and say whether or not they are HOF worthy or not. For the NBA fans on this board, I welcome and hope for feedback to see what you think. While I have watched plenty of 60's, 70's, and early 80's bball, I wasn't alive for it (I'm 39) and thus didn't "feel" the impact. Thus, I recuse myself from truly judging their impact.

One last thing, retired players only, and I have a "no idea" category at the end in which given their impact and statistics I'm truly puzzled as to whether to include them or not. If you have any beef with someone I said "no" to who should be on, or someone who I said "yes" to and should be left off, I welcome it.

No:
Gary Payton
Shawn Kemp
Grant Hill
Penny Hardaway
Larry Johnson
Dan Majarle
Glen Rice
Derrick Rose
Peja Stojakovic
Mark Price
Chris Webber
Amare Stoudemire
Joe Dumars
Tracy McGrady
Dikembe Mutombo
Yao Ming
Clyde Drexler

Yes:
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Shaq
Michael Jordan
Karl Malone
Dirk Nowitzki
Larry Bird
Hakeem Olajuwon
Isiah Thomas
Charles Barkley
Patrick Ewing
John Stockton
James Worthy
Scottie Pippen
Steve Nash
Dominique Wilkins
Ray Allen
Allen Iverson

I have no idea
Dennis Rodman
Reggie Miller
Alonzo Mourning
Kevin McHale
Vince Carter
Jason Kidd
Paul Pierce

I grew up around the NBA.
My Father was the trainer for the Rockets and I was a ball boy.
I cant really argue with your list.

Forum List

Back