Nazi of the day

Nazi concentration camp guard caught, sent back to Germany...
cool.gif

Nazi guard Palij deported by US to Germany
21 Aug.`18 - A 95-year-old former Nazi collaborator who served in the notorious SS as a labour camp guard in World War Two has arrived in Germany after a long deportation battle in the US.

Jakiw Palij has been stateless since a federal judge revoked his US citizenship in 2003. For years Germany refused to accept him as he never had German nationality. After arriving in Düsseldorf he was being taken to a care home for the elderly, German reports say. The US ambassador in Berlin, Richard Grenell, praised Germany's new government and President Donald Trump's "crucial leadership" in resolving the case.

Who is Jakiw Palij?
Authorities believed he was the last Nazi collaborator still living in the US, and his residence in the Queens area of New York City attracted protests from residents. Palij is said to have been born in an area of Poland that is now in Ukraine. In 1943 he went to the Trawniki SS training camp in Nazi-occupied Poland. Trawniki was notorious because it trained thousands of civilians from the area who went on to become active as death camp guards at Sobibor, Treblinka and Belzec.

_103113232_048775815-1.jpg

Palij, seen here in this 1949 US visa photo, denied involvement in Nazi crimes

Its most notorious camp guard was John Demjanjuk, who was convicted by a German court of being an accessory to 28,000 murders at Sobibor. He too was deported by the US, in 2009. Jews were sent to the camps as part of Operation Reinhard, the Nazi plan to murder more than two million Jews in occupied Poland. Trawniki also housed a forced labour camp where more than 6,000 Jews were murdered on a single day - 3 November 1943. A White House statement said Palij served as an armed guard and had played an "indispensable role" in ensuring Jews were killed.

He arrived in the US in 1949 and was given citizenship in 1957. Although a US court ruled he had assisted in the persecution of prisoners, he was not found personally responsible for deaths. His deportation was ordered in 2004 after a judge said he had falsified his immigration application. Palij himself has denied collaborating with the Nazis. He told the New York Times in 2003 that he had never set foot in a camp and only agreed to work as a guard because he believed the Nazis would kill his family if he refused.

Why did deportation take so long?

See also:

ICE Deports Former Nazi Labor Camp Guard from Queens, NY

August 21, 2018 – The White House announced Tuesday that the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) implemented a 2004 order of deportation for a former Nazi labor camp guard who had been residing in Queens, N.Y.
Jakiw Palij was deported to Germany. Born in Poland, Palij immigrated to the U.S. in 1949 and became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1957. He hid his Nazi service during the U.S. immigration and naturalization process. Instead, he told immigration officials he spent World War II working on a farm and in a factory. President Donald Trump commended ICE’s decision to remove “this war criminal from United States soil,” the White House said in a statement. “Despite a court ordering his deportation in 2004, past administrations were unsuccessful in removing Palij. To protect the promise of freedom for Holocaust survivors and their families, President Trump prioritized the removal of Palij. Through extensive negotiations, President Trump and his team secured Palij’s deportation to Germany and advanced the United States’ collaborative efforts with a key European ally.”

In 2001, Palij admitted to the Department of Justice that he received training in 1943 at the Nazi SS Training Camp in Trawniki, in German-occupied Poland. According to court documents, men who trained in Trawniki took part in “Operation Reinhard,” code name for the Third Reich’s plan to murder Jews in Poland. He also served as an armed guard at the nearby Trawniki Labor Camp. Approximately 6,000 Jews – children, women, and men – who were held prisoner at the adjacent Trawniki Labor Camp were shot and killed on Nov. 3, 1943 in what is considered one of the single largest massacres of the Holocaust. As a guard, Palij prevented their escape and “played an indispensable role in ensuring that the Trawniki Jewish victims met their horrific fate at the hands of the Nazis.”

A federal judge in the U.S. revoked Palij’s U.S. citizenship in August 2003 “based on his wartime activities, human rights abuses, and postwar immigration fraud.” He was ordered to be deported in 2004. He appealed the judge’s decision and was denied in 2005. The U.S. government has “prioritized the identification, prosecution and deportation of Nazi war criminals since the 1970s,” the White House said. Anyone with information on foreign nationals or foreign nationals who are naturalized U.S. citizens and are suspected of taking part in human rights abuses or war crimes are asked to call the ICE Security Investigations tip line at 1-866-DHS-2-ICE. Or they can fill out the online tip form.

ICE’s Human Rights Violators & War Crimes Unit has four missions: To prevent the admission of foreign war crimes suspects, persecutors and human rights abusers into the United States; To identify and prosecute individuals who have been involved and/or responsible for the commission of human rights abuses across the globe; To remove, whenever possible, those offenders who are located in the United States; and to oversee the development of programs in response to the former President's Presidential Study Directive-10, the prevention of mass atrocities. ICE has arrested more than 275 people for human rights-related violations under various criminal and/or immigration statutes since fiscal year 2004. During that same period, ICE has also denied more than 139 people from getting entry visas to the U.S. and “created more than 66,000 subject records, which prevented identified human-rights violators from attempting to enter the United States.” It also obtained deportation orders for more than 590 known or suspected human rights violators from the U.S.

MORE

Last edited:
As a descendant of Jewish people who were murdered in the concentration camps of the Nazis I beg pardon for the totally wrong behavior of
our German government in case of the deportation of Jakiv Palij from the USA to Germany. Such a deportation against the free will of this man is not justifiable with the known facts and with nothing what I could call "real justice". Additionally: This man is not a German! He comes not home - he is banned from the USA and sent into a totally strange country. But no one is able to give any informations about any real crime this man had done.The only accusation which allows to deport him (or to imprison him) would be meanwhile murder if we speak about crimes of the years 1943-45. But no one knows whether this man is a murderer or not. Looks like the only reason why the USA banned this man is it that the people in the USA think on their own nazistic and racistic. He should not be a member of the "superior" US-American community any longer and should not be a burden for the US-American social systems.

Such a revenge is not justice. As a member of people who had died in the Holocaust I deny that this what happens here in this case has anything to do with justice in context with the Holocaust. In world war 2 everyone had the right to kill him ... but now is 2018 and this idiot is meanwhile 95 years old and he had lived in the USA since 1949 (about 70 years). The reason why he was deported is in my eyes racism. It's a shame for Germany to support this US-american racism.

At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst.
Aristotle

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited:
it is my understanding, that germans used ONLY VOLUNTEERS as civilian
labor camp guards. He VOLUNTEERED to serve as a murderer in camps in
which even children were being barbarically murdered whilst
(?) in his early 20s, ------he is not innocent. Then he lied about it. <<<<
that is the information presented.

Last edited:
Such a deportation agubnst the free will of this man is not justifiable with the known facts

Ahhhh, poor Nazi.

I see in you the danger to become very easily a Nazi with this mocking answer. I tell you what's one of the worst problems: The government of the USA - Donald Trump and his loyalists - threaten every citizen of the USA to be able to lose the US-american citizenship. I remember in this context for example a German, who came to the USA in the age of some month and was deported from the USA to Germany in the age of 60, because he was made in an US-American hospital to a drug addict with a wrong medicamentation against pain and lost his drivers license in a police control. They found out he never was a naturalized citizen of the USA.

I guess I said very clear what I think about the Ucrainian Jakiv Palji (who was once a citizen of Poland, before he became an US-American) - but let me tell you: If you don't like to be seen as a Nazi on your own then find out what Werner von Braun had done before he had sent the first US-American to the moon, exhume his body and send the body of this Nazi back to Germany, if you don't like to live in a country, where the body of this Nazi is poisening the holy ground of the USA and the moon. What do you find now in your thoughts? Excuses for the deeds of this man, because he is famous and is well respected worldwide?

So let me say clearly: It's misuse of the victims of the Holocaust what the USA and Germany are doing in this case. I'm sure no one who lost people in the shoa because of the injustice of the Nazis thinks about that the world should sink down in injustice. As long as no one knows anything about a concrete murder in which this man was envolved - I'm nearly sure he was envolved, but no one knows really - I don't see any way, how it could be justifiable what the USA and Germany were doing in case of this man. The victims of the Holocaust never were on the side of any form of senseless revenge - the victims of the Holocaust always were on the side of justice. Justice is non-negotiable.

Last edited:

Lots of people of foreign nations worked in the SS. In 1943 were about 25% of the people of the SS no Germans. Other were perhaps naturalized Germans. I don't know. As far as I know after the war exclusively only members of the SS who were real Germans were punished - never anyone of any other nation. And lots of members of the SS - the most members - were not punished at all. Still today the most people think the SS were elite soldiers of the German Wehrmacht and not members of an illegal private army of the political party NSDAP.

Let me ask you something else: What would you do with a supporter of the mass murderer Stalin during world war 2? Are you ready to send all the supporters of Stalin - the complete US-army - to Germany, so we have to punish them? Or do you think it could be a good idea to find out who was a real murderer?

Last edited:
Such a deportation agubnst the free will of this man is not justifiable with the known facts

Ahhhh, poor Nazi.

I see in you the danger to become very easily a Nazi with this mocking answer. I tell you what's one of the worst problems: The government of the USA - Donald Trump and his loyalists - threaten every citizen of the USA to be able to lose the US-americans citizenship. I remember in this context for example a German, who came to the USA in the age of some month and was deported from the USA to Germany in the age of 60, because he was made in an US-American hospital to a drug addict with a wrong medicamentation against pain and lost his drivers license in a police control. They found out he never was a naturalized citizen of the USA.

I guess I said very clear what I think about the Ucrainian Jakiv Palji (who was once a citizen of Poland, before he became an US-American) - but let me tell you: If you don't like to be seen as a Nazi on your own then find out what Werner von Braun had done before he had sent the first US-American to the moon, exhume his body and send the body of this Nazi back to Germany, if you don't like to live in a country, where the body of this Nazi is poisening the holy ground of the USA and the moon. What do you find now in your thoughts? Excuses for the deeds of this man, because he is famous and is well respected worldwide?

So let me say clearly: It's misuse of the victims of the Holocaust what the USA and Germany are doing in this case. I'm sure no one who lost people in the shoa because of the injustice of the Nazis thinks about that the world should sink down in injustice. As long as no one knows anything about a concrete murder in which this man was envolved - I'm nearly sure he was envolved, but no one knows really - I don't see any way, how it could be justifiable what the USA and Germany were doing in case of this man. The victims of the Holocaust never were on the side of any form of senseless revenge - the victims of the Holocaust always were on the side of justice. Justice is non-negotiable.

You hate The American President so you think Nazis are OK.

Got it.

Lots of people of foreign nations worked in the SS. ni 1943 were about 25% of the people of the SS no Germans. Other were perhaps naturalized Germans. After the war exclusoivley only real Germasn whi were merbso fthe SS were punished - anyone of any other nation. And lots of members of the SS - the most members - were not punished at all.

I did not know. Any Hindus? Buddhists? ----
lots of SUDANESE? There were lots of Nazis in
my area of the USA------I have no doubt that they could have been considered ARYANS by adolf.
The people of the USA in pre-revolutionary times
(my town was THAT OLD) originated from
merry old England ---AND GERMANY----and some
other little European spots-------there were Nazi sympathizers in England too. Adolf, no doubt
would have accepted HENRY FORD into his circle
of pals. and even THOMAS EDISON

for the record----Thomas Edison (of Nazi type leanings) was of Dutch extraction. Lots of
Dutch in my area-----(in and around the Hudson valley)

Ahhhh, poor Nazi.

I see in you the danger to become very easily a Nazi with this mocking answer. I tell you what's one of the worst problems: The government of the USA - Donald Trump and his loyalists - threaten every citizen of the USA to be able to lose the US-americans citizenship. I remember in this context for example a German, who came to the USA in the age of some month and was deported from the USA to Germany in the age of 60, because he was made in an US-American hospital to a drug addict with a wrong medicamentation against pain and lost his drivers license in a police control. They found out he never was a naturalized citizen of the USA.

You hate The American President so you think Nazis are OK.

Got it.

Lots of people of foreign nations worked in the SS. ni 1943 were about 25% of the people of the SS no Germans. Other were perhaps naturalized Germans. After the war exclusoivley only real Germasn whi were merbso fthe SS were punished - anyone of any other nation. And lots of members of the SS - the most members - were not punished at all.

I did not know. Any Hindus? Buddhists? ----
lots of SUDANESE? There were lots of Nazis in
my area of the USA------I have no doubt that they could have been considered ARYANS by adolf.

The Nazis called Germans Aryans because Jews were Semites and not Aryans. The joke is: They were on their own not Aryans too. No German ever was an Aryan - but all "Ashkenazim" (German and Yiddish speaking Jews) were since ever Germans, because they spoke a German language. The "perfection" of this absurde joke of history is a boy who was born in Iran and lived in Munich. He made a terror attack in a mall. While we here still did not know what was going on the world knew everything about: Al Quaida, Islamism, terror attack - reason: misrespected from the his comrades in school (Nazis!) and bla bla bla ... in reality this poor idiot saw in himself an Aryan and was on his own a convinced Nazi - and he made an attack against migrants, specially the people of his own school. What had happened there was indeed a special form of school massacre combined with Nazi terror. By the way: I fear we miss more and more sense for reality in the younger generations. I fear this is a side effect of "virtual reality".

The people of the USA in pre-revolutionary times
(my town was THAT OLD) originated from
merry old England ---AND GERMANY----and some
other little European spots-------there were Nazi sympathizers in England too. Adolf, no doubt
would have accepted HENRY FORD into his circle
of pals. and even THOMAS EDISON

Logic of time. Hitler was worldwide very popular in the first years. A powerful strong man - wonderful. When Hitler introduced the first concentration camp in 1933 in Dachau the people in Germany and worldwide saw not the danger of the expression "Arbeit macht frei": work was suddenly redefined to become an instrument of murder. Hitler knew what he did. Within only one year he had transformed Germany totally. When in 1935 the Nazis started with the first racial laws the world did not protest because everywhere in the world existed racial laws too. Wonderful olympic games in 1936 and so on and so on ... and everything ended in an horror disaster. How many good people of so many nations had to die because of this idiot? I calculated once 20 billion years prison for Hitler (and I was very generous) only for the lifetime he had wasted. Our universe is only 13.8 billion years old. Whatever. I'm sure god knows what he will do with him and I will accept this decision. But this takes not away our responsibility for all and every life and the future of our world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back