Navy SEAL Joe Femenia, head of distressed-debt trading Jefferies Financial Group, set in motion the most astonishing fall-from-grace in history

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
he deserves the medal of freedom, my friends. i have sent his biography to President Trump on twitter

from the article:

"The 43-year-old is the unidentified executive outlined in court filings last week, whose taped conversation led to the swift downfall of Dan Kamensky’s Marble Ridge Capital, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

Legal filings accuse Kamensky of trying to dissuade Jefferies from submitting a rival bid for part of bankrupt retailer Neiman Marcus. Femenia flagged the conversation to his firm’s general counsel, and they disclosed the discussion to an official creditor committee, which was supervising the sale and where Kamensky was a member.

A panicked Kamensky called Femenia back a second time. Unbeknownst to him, Femenia had started recording the call. “f you’re going to continue to tell them what you just told me, I’m going to jail, OK?” Kamensky said, according to the document."

Good for him but is anyone actually going to jail or is this simply big business as usual?

Forum List

Back