NATO scrambles to complete Afghanistan evacuations ‘as soon as possible’

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

NATO scrambles to complete Afghanistan evacuations ‘as soon as possible’​

While we've been concentrating on the evacuation of Americans and Afghani allies from Kabul, so to are our NATO Allies trying to do the same for their people.
Problem!! Kabul airport is the only remaining airport that has been left operating.....
"Air operations temporarily stopped Monday at Hamid Karzai International Airport, but flights and operations were “gradually resuming” on Tuesday, Stoltenberg said at the briefing. Approximately 800 NATO civilians are in place at the Kabul airport, assisting with air traffic control, refueling, and communications, he noted".

What a disgrace. Our soldiers are forming a perimeter with thousands of rag heads right in front of them. If they shoot any then this is going to blow up.

The air field is completely surrounded by Taliban, they can shoot down any plane they want. Our forces there are completely at the mercy of the Taliban.

NATO scrambles to complete Afghanistan evacuations ‘as soon as possible’​

While we've been concentrating on the evacuation of Americans and Afghani allies from Kabul, so to are our NATO Allies trying to do the same for their people.
Problem!! Kabul airport is the only remaining airport that has been left operating.....
"Air operations temporarily stopped Monday at Hamid Karzai International Airport, but flights and operations were “gradually resuming” on Tuesday, Stoltenberg said at the briefing. Approximately 800 NATO civilians are in place at the Kabul airport, assisting with air traffic control, refueling, and communications, he noted".

Sad state of affairs when the greatest nation ever known on earth has to depend on NATO to secure our interests. The last days of the late great United States of America.

What a disgrace. Our soldiers are forming a perimeter with thousands of rag heads right in front of them. If they shoot any then this is going to blow up.

The air field is completely surrounded by Taliban, they can shoot down any plane they want. Our forces there are completely at the mercy of the Taliban.

Agree. We just dropped off thousands of our troops into a major disadvantage, with the Taliban having the upper hand. If the Taliban was to bomb that air strip, no one is leaving.
Biden still doesnt have a plan I'm sure.

I'm not sure how long it would take, but I think the only option we would have left is to re-deploy
Air National guard units along with heavy military presence to quickly build new airstrips in multiple locations, then redeploy fighter aircraft to gain airspace control so we can search for the 10K American citizens trapped.
All unnecessary if we dont shut down the Baghram air base. I guess the Taliban control it now.

Forum List

Back