National Implications: A Larry Elder Victory in California Would Shift U.S. Senate Majority to Republicans

I've watched him repeatedly and never heard him say anything about the minimum wage. Any state that doesn't have a minimum wage uses the national minimum wage.

And how about the other points he has addressed repeatedly? Housing unaffordable and that goes double for rents. He claims the average house in CA is now 800K. 75% of black kids unable to read at the state proficiency levels. I looked that up and he is spot on. Enough homeless in the state to equal the population of everybody in our smaller states. For the first time the state is losing more people than those moving in, and the same for businesses. Stores are closing up because they reduced shoplifting under $950.00 to a misdemeanor, and the police won't even come out to issue a ticket.

You have a state where illegals are provided healthcare while our military vets in sidewalk tents scrounge the street for a used syringe. Violent crime is surging in CA, and that idiot Gascon is fueling the fire by pressuring judges to go easy on violent criminals setting bail and handing out sentences.

Don't worry about minimum wage because Elder can't change that on his own. He would need the other state officials to support him on that issue which won't happen. There is a reason Democrats are running scared right now. They had the MSM bury the story of the white Democrat lady with an ape mask on trying to assault Elder. If Elder were a black Democrat, not only would that lady have been arrested, but held on hate crime charges. Newsom's people are so desperate they even whipped out the race card on him, and he's black!
I listened to him last night, will look for the clip. I didn't say I didn't like him as he seems like a brilliant and well spoken person but still tied to the republican brand which I don't think will help the average person. Look at all the poverty in the red states, will you?

Arnie was a celebrity who had a dem wife and was perceived as being a moderate. Not the same with Elder.
Larry Elder is very well known and very popular. Newsom is sure he has northern California firmly in his court. He might be wrong about that. It will be interesting to see how strongly democrat fraud is used.

I listened to him last night, will look for the clip. I didn't say I didn't like him as he seems like a brilliant and well spoken person but still tied to the republican brand which I don't think will help the average person. Look at all the poverty in the red states, will you?

I'm not challenging you that he ever said anything about minimum wage, only to say as many times as I've seen him interviewed on Fox shows, never mentioned it once.

States are labeled by who they vote for President. In Ohio (believe it or not) we have a purple state, even though our House and Senate are strongly Republican. You'll find Democrat states with Republican ran areas as well.

But I want to move on to poverty. What is poverty? Well, in commie states, poverty can be 40K a year. Look at their cost of living. I see this all the time when global warming ends. I watch a lot of television and many times HGTV. An $800,000 house in these places you can buy here for about $350.00. But if you make 40K a year here, you can live in a nice apartment or even buy your own house. In NYC, 40K a year you can share an apartment with two other guys, and there is only one bathroom on the floor for all the apartments.

I was just in a discussion in another forum on this. One poster stated the average apartment in the US is $1750.00. What? My most expensive apartment I charge $625.00. All my tenants are the best, I have a beautiful yard, I even have a fireplace in the backyard we sit around during the summer.

Poverty or wealth is not something that can be judged on a national scale.

Larry Elder is very well known and very popular. Newsom is sure he has northern California firmly in his court. He might be wrong about that. It will be interesting to see how strongly democrat fraud is used.
While I have no doubt that Democrats will cheat, they really don't have to in this case. It comes down to a 50/50 thing as the second question doesn't mean a damn thing if Newsome isn't recalled. With the state having well over 50% of people who would strongly distaste having Elder as governor, Newsome has it in the bag, even if he isn't liked by the left. Elder would be even more disliked by the left. I don't know how California law works but even if Elder were to become the next governor, it seems very likely that Democrats would start a petition to recall him and would have no trouble in doing so.

While I have no doubt that Democrats will cheat, they really don't have to in this case. It comes down to a 50/50 thing as the second question doesn't mean a damn thing if Newsome isn't recalled. With the state having well over 50% of people who would strongly distaste having Elder as governor, Newsome has it in the bag, even if he isn't liked by the left. Elder would be even more disliked by the left. I don't know how California law works but even if Elder were to become the next governor, it seems very likely that Democrats would start a petition to recall him and would have no trouble in doing so.
Newsom has been telling people to vote no on recall and don't vote at all on the replacement question. Democrats have two major problems. One is that while democrats outnumber Republicans, independents outnumber democrats. And everyone is livid over what Newsom has done to this state. Even home country Northern California is furious over what Newsom has done. There were a lot of democrat signatures on that recall petition.

Elder would not be subject to recall because the remainder of the term is only a year. There isn't enough time to petition. Why replace Newsom with only a year to go? He has to be stopped now. He is threatening another lockdown and has imposed school mask mandates.

Newsom has been telling people to vote no on recall and don't vote at all on the replacement question. Democrats have two major problems. One is that while democrats outnumber Republicans, independents outnumber democrats. And everyone is livid over what Newsom has done to this state. Even home country Northern California is furious over what Newsom has done. There were a lot of democrat signatures on that recall petition.

When have you ever known any Democrat that learned something when it comes to politics. AOC sneaked into Congress because nobody was looking, and all the horny guys got her elected. Since then she's made a complete ass of herself and party. She has said the dumbest things of any politician in recent history. When she was up for reelection, she got in with no problem.

Democrats have no shame. They never did and never will.

Elder would not be subject to recall because the remainder of the term is only a year. There isn't enough time to petition. Why replace Newsom with only a year to go? He has to be stopped now. He is threatening another lockdown and has imposed school mask mandates.
While I hate California's politics and politicians and would love for Elder to win, I just don't believe that even Independents would vote for Elder over Newsome and that's really the choices in the election. You are either voting for Newsome or for Elder.

Newsom thinks it will be over by noon. It will be such a blowout that there won't be enough republican votes left.

While I hate California's politics and politicians and would love for Elder to win, I just don't believe that even Independents would vote for Elder over Newsome and that's really the choices in the election. You are either voting for Newsome or for Elder.

According to Elder it's the Independents that were leading the charge. It's how they got enough signatures in the first place.

Forum List

Back