National Ice Cream Day 2020: Famous brands reveal most popular flavors

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
In good times and bad, life is better with ice cream. Whether you like it in a cone or a cup, smothered in sprinkles or served as a sundae, the frozen sweet treat won’t let you down.

Though true ice cream connoisseurs know that there’s no need to make excuses to indulge, July is conveniently National Ice Cream Month, declared so by President Ronald Reagan in 1984. Even more festively, National Ice Cream Day is celebrated each year on the third Sunday in July.

I'm not a huge ice cream fan. However, this year I have encountered a salted caramel truffle sundae that is the best. I ate it yesterday. So, I won't be celebrating ice cream day. So help me this next year I am going to pay attention to the food days in advance so that when I have the time off then I can cook them or something similar.

Watch.......I will have the time off, look it up in advance and it will be a day celebrating a food that I hate. That's whats going to happen.

Last edited:
I do like my ice cream. I love homemade ice cream best. But I found that Publix brand is one of the tastiest around, imho.

I don't eat ice cream more than once or twice a year. But it is one of the great luxuries on mankind.

No?? Ok, you need to remedy that as soon as possible. Buy a cheap ice cream maker (the old hand-cranked ones are great) and find a classic recipe. It really is a creamy, heavenly delight. My Dad used to make peach ice cream that was to die for.

She'll have forearms like Ahnold with one of them things, wb. Heh heh.

I have never made homemade ice cream.

No?? Ok, you need to remedy that as soon as possible. Buy a cheap ice cream maker (the old hand-cranked ones are great) and find a classic recipe. It really is a creamy, heavenly delight. My Dad used to make peach ice cream that was to die for.

I love peaches. Ok. That will be my next project.

In good times and bad, life is better with ice cream. Whether you like it in a cone or a cup, smothered in sprinkles or served as a sundae, the frozen sweet treat won’t let you down.

Though true ice cream connoisseurs know that there’s no need to make excuses to indulge, July is conveniently National Ice Cream Month, declared so by President Ronald Reagan in 1984. Even more festively, National Ice Cream Day is celebrated each year on the third Sunday in July.

I'm not a huge ice cream fan. However, this year I have encountered a salted caramel truffle sundae that is the best. I ate it yesterday. So, I won't be celebrating ice cream day. So help me this next year I am going to pay attention to the food days in advance so that when I have the time off then I can cook them or something similar.

Watch.......I will have the time off, look it up in advance and it will be a day celebrating a food that I hate. That's whats going to happen.

If you have a bruster's nearby and have a few extra minutes to spare, check out their list of flavors. They make it fresh daily.

They have some really good blackberry cobbler ice cream.

If you have a bruster's nearby and have a few extra minutes to spare, check out their list of flavors. They make it fresh daily.

They have some really good blackberry cobbler ice cream.

I've never heard of Brusters. There are two off of 75. Ha! Next time I go down to my Dad's I will check them out.

Last edited:

She'll have forearms like Ahnold with one of them things, wb. Heh heh.

I am trying to share a beloved experience. But yeah, maybe a motorized one. lol

Sorry, but never cared for it.

Blue Bell is a regional creamery down here where I stays- they have an assortment of flavors. My favorite is Natural Vanilla Bean- it comes closest to my recollection of Home Made- which they have that as well :omg::omg: but it ain't.
My second favorite is Rocky Road- mmmmmm, mmmmmm good! The Natural Vanilla Bean makes THE BEST floats ever, no matter what you mix in it it's awesome. Root Beer, Coke, Dr Pepper, 7-up (with a dash of Ginger Ale), or the old stand by, Chocolate Syrup-
They do seasonal offerings too. A few years back they did one with cake and icing pieces that was awesome! They haven't done it since :mad::(

I love Baskin Robins and the Blue Bunny ice cream. Their regular chocolate, mint chocolate chip, and salted caramel craze is awesome. :) :) :)

When country singer Trace Adkins did his second season of the celebrity apprentice show in 2011 I believe was the year, his ice cream creation that was done for one assignment was awesome. Maple Macadamia Mashup was the name of the flavor and it was made by the Delish company at Wal-Greens. I hated to see it eventually be discontinued, it was so good.

God bless you and Trace always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of him)

I could have sworn that the subject line said, "Naked-Ice-Cream-day.

I'm so disappointed now.

Forum List

Back