National Geographic Daily Pictures

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I guess this is as good as anywhere to start this thread. I grew up in a house where my grandmother was a charter member of the society and had many, many copies of the magazine. I wouldn't be surprised if the first issue wasn't there and often wonder what happened to it.

Te Wahipounamu

new-zealand-haast-melford_77499_990x742.jpg

Every I see them, I am amazed by images of New Zealand. That small island state has some awesome scenery – just remember The Lord of the Rings trilogy filmed there. This comes from National Geographic @ New Zealand Picture -- Landscape Photo -- National Geographic Photo of the Day

Beautiful pics. Why don't you ever post them in Eye Candy or Thread Of Many Colors?

floating-island-tumuch-lake_78918_990x742.jpg

April 28, 2014
Island in the Sky

Photograph by Shane Kalyn

"There is an ethereal, otherworldly feeling to this photograph, as this little island in the middle of Tumuch Lake in northern British Columbia appears as if it's floating in the clouds," says Shane Kalyn, who submitted this photo to the National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest. "To bring us back to Earth, a fish has left a ripple in the water on the left-hand side of the shot. The scene was amazing to witness, let alone be lucky enough to photograph—totally the right place at the right time."

Forum List

Back