National debt surpasses $31 trillion

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I said it before the 2016 and I concur with Rand Paul that such levels of debt pose a National Security threat. Most of the West is in this position and it is going to be a major issue.

Will responsible governments ever make the difficult choices required?

The U.S. national debt has passed $31 trillion for the first time in history.

Treasury Department data released on today showed the total national debt was $31.123 trillion as of Monday.

The new milestone was reached even as the federal government's insatiable spending has slowed considerably as the COVID pandemic has waned. In the months following the outbreak, the national debt rose by $1 trillion in just a month’s time – not just once, but twice in 2020.

As a result, the federal government spent $3.1 trillion more than it received in 2020, and it spent $2.8 trillion more than it received the following year.

In 2022, the budget deficit is expected to be about $1 trillion. Some experts believe $1 trillion per year in new debt is the floor given growth in entitlement spending as well as new spending priorities set by Congress this year. Those priorities include the health and environmental policy bill known as the Inflation Reduction Act and assisting Ukraine in its war with Russia.

I said it before the 2016 and I concur with Rand Paul that such levels of debt pose a National Security threat. Most of the West is in this position and it is going to be a major issue.

Treasury Department data released on today showed the total national debt was $31.123 trillion as of Monday.

The new milestone was reached even as the federal government's insatiable spending has slowed considerably as the COVID pandemic has waned. In the months following the outbreak, the national debt rose by $1 trillion in just a month’s time – not just once, but twice in 2020.

As a result, the federal government spent $3.1 trillion more than it received in 2020, and it spent $2.8 trillion more than it received the following year.

In 2022, the budget deficit is expected to be about $1 trillion. Some experts believe $1 trillion per year in new debt is the floor given growth in entitlement spending as well as new spending priorities set by Congress this year. Those priorities include the health and environmental policy bill known as the Inflation Reduction Act and assisting Ukraine in its war with Russia.
And to think that it took 210 years for the debt to go over 1 trillion and 36 short years later it surpasses 31 trillion. Doesn't anyone, besides me, pay their debts off?

This debt reminds me of the behavior of a fat person who has failed in their reducing diet, gives up, and begins to binge on the worst food imaginable. Collapse is incoming. No stopping it now.

We need to pay off our foreign debts and then tell the FED to go fuck themselves.

I'm no actor and am a Libertarian. I believe in small government and staying out of foreign wars.
That is platitude talk and not a policy.....which is why I make it my hobby to mock Libertarians.....

When Libertarians say small government -- that usually applies to limiting government's ability to implement policies that benefits those with the least amount of power...

Whatever road to your libertarian utopia leads to a dystopian fiefdom..which is why whenever libertarians try to start their own libertarian fantasy land, it fails....tremendously....

This debt reminds me of the behavior of a fat person who has failed in their reducing diet, gives up, and begins to binge on the worst food imaginable. Collapse is incoming. No stopping it now.
Oinkonomists: Pigs Who Cry Wolf

That seems logical, but we've been warned about this for decades and the default collapse has never happened. Therefore, there's something about this well-publicized crisis that can't be explained by our primitive economic theories.

How long until a brilliant leftists posts “Deficits don’t matter”
Dick Cheney

Coolio! :dance:

We deserve it!!

It was only 9 trillion until The Communist Left's Green New Deal World Order installed their first puppet Barrack Hussein Obumma.
Look Downward, Angel

Zero-Growth Gurus killed the Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs. Deficits are healthy if a new supply of or development of resources is always there to back them up. Continued expansion of the country was what got us out of all the temporary crashes of the 19th Century.

The frontier was never reached, because the most valuable frontier is vertical. We are living atop a gold mine, but America has lost its way. The self-appointed ruling class knows that economic expansion through the uninhibited development of our super-abundant natural and human resources will threaten their Birth-Class Supremacy. But going for it has always been the American Way, until they took over and led us down a barren path of stagnating privilege.

On our dollar bill, the motto Annuit Coeptis means "Luck is on the side of those who take risks."

1664923935700.png

~S~

New Topics

Forum List

Back