National Championship Tonight! Oh Hell Ya!

The Ohio State University and Alabama are going to slug it out tonight. Likely to be a high scoring affair. I have this to say about it.

O-H

ROLL TIDE!!!

GO BUCKS
Great couple of days for Ohio sports. I feel blessed! Hope you enjoy the game as much as I di!

I won't be watching, I dont' give a crap about sports.

it's just, growing up 8 miles from the Oval, certain things are ingrained.

I grew up about 9 blocks from the UA campus. As kids we would ride our bikes over and watch Bear Bryant in his tower. It is ingrained in me as well.
My father taught physics at OSU. There is not a member in my family that does not hold a degree from there. I played baseball for them. OSU ingrained here too. My sister is currently a shrink at Harding hospital OSU. Love the university. If all goes well this is the last year I own property here. I am selling it all. My life is now lake erie during the summer running fishing charters. I will spend winters running charters down south. Just not sure where I will set up base.

I am a UA alum. 3 of my kids went there, with one getting a Masters in Aerospace Engineering. My ex-wife worked there. It is easy to get into the university life and stay there.
I get yA there. If I had it to do over again I would have went straight to the water. Only job I have ever had where I am upset when the day is over. Such a simple life and so rewarding. I take good people to have good time. Can not wait till April. God willing in the future I will not have to wait till April. I will be south doing the same thing, maybe close to you.

The Ohio State University and Alabama are going to slug it out tonight. Likely to be a high scoring affair. I have this to say about it.

O-H

ROLL TIDE!!!

GO BUCKS
Great couple of days for Ohio sports. I feel blessed! Hope you enjoy the game as much as I di!

I grew up about 9 blocks from the UA campus. As kids we would ride our bikes over and watch Bear Bryant in his tower. It is ingrained in me as well.
My father taught physics at OSU. There is not a member in my family that does not hold a degree from there. I played baseball for them. OSU ingrained here too. My sister is currently a shrink at Harding hospital OSU. Love the university. If all goes well this is the last year I own property here. I am selling it all. My life is now lake erie during the summer running fishing charters. I will spend winters running charters down south. Just not sure where I will set up base.

I am a UA alum. 3 of my kids went there, with one getting a Masters in Aerospace Engineering. My ex-wife worked there. It is easy to get into the university life and stay there.
I get yA there. If I had it to do over again I would have went straight to the water. Only job I have ever had where I am upset when the day is over. Such a simple life and so rewarding. I take good people to have good time. Can not wait till April. God willing in the future I will not have to wait till April. I will be south doing the same thing, maybe close to you.

I have known some fishing guides who love what they do. I hope your business soars.

O-H

ROLL TIDE!!!

GO BUCKS

I have known some fishing guides who love what they do. I hope your business soars.
Already 2 trips a day scheduled through late July. My only enemy is wind. As long as waves are under a third of my boat length I spend the day in fresh air and the sun. The trouble and strife of land disappears on the water. It is simple find fish be happy. If ya can't find enough for limit crank the radio and help them open their cooler. They get enough drinks in them they are happy either way.

O-H

ROLL TIDE!!!

GO BUCKS

Already 2 trips a day scheduled through late July. My only enemy is wind. As long as waves are under a third of my boat length I spend the day in fresh air and the sun. The trouble and strife of land disappears on the water. It is simple find fish be happy. If ya can't find enough for limit crank the radio and help them open their cooler. They get enough drinks in them they are happy either way.

I worked in Chattanooga TN on a fiber optics project for 3 years. The city and customer required that our crews be off the road by 4:00PM. My roommate and I went fishing every day. Some days we caught a lot, and some day we caught nothing. No boat, but we found a spot I could back my truck down right next to the water. Best job I ever worked. Crews were a pain. Customer didn't understand the system they wanted. And the city issued permits like they were paying for them out of their own pocket. But those hours wetting a line were the best.

It is where I fell in love with fishing for catfish.

O-H

ROLL TIDE!!!

GO BUCKS

I worked in Chattanooga TN on a fiber optics project for 3 years. The city and customer required that our crews be off the road by 4:00PM. My roommate and I went fishing every day. Some days we caught a lot, and some day we caught nothing. No boat, but we found a spot I could back my truck down right next to the water. Best job I ever worked. Crews were a pain. Customer didn't understand the system they wanted. And the city issued permits like they were paying for them out of their own pocket. But those hours wetting a line were the best.

I fish for cat fish and bass when I am in the city. The Scioto by the dam is realy good for cat fish also at the dam at hoover reservoir. State record was caught at hoover. We catch them inadvertently up on the lake. We run walleye perch and small mouth trips. I am a walleye guy myself for a favorite. I have done alot of amber jack and grouper out of Florida. Almost stayed for shark fishing last year but had to come home when my parents got really sick, some one had to take care of them. Probably had covid. They were put on ventilators but recovered. They got sick about 2 or 3 weeks before that crap hit the news. Walleye season was really good best in years. I was able to run 3 trips a day pretty consistently on six packs. It did not take long to get 36. I also ran some head boat trips alot more people all casting. Limiting a head boat is much tougher. I got my six every trip but I do it for a living. There were days even tourist got theirs. Good year. I will try Alabama’s fishing holes in the next couple of years. I will let you know when I get there. We can go after them together.

O-H

ROLL TIDE!!!

GO BUCKS

I fish for cat fish and bass when I am in the city. The Scioto by the dam is realy good for cat fish also at the dam at hoover reservoir. State record was caught at hoover. We catch them inadvertently up on the lake. We run walleye perch and small mouth trips. I am a walleye guy myself for a favorite. I have done alot of amber jack and grouper out of Florida. Almost stayed for shark fishing last year but had to come home when my parents got really sick, some one had to take care of them. Probably had covid. They were put on ventilators but recovered. They got sick about 2 or 3 weeks before that crap hit the news. Walleye season was really good best in years. I was able to run 3 trips a day pretty consistently on six packs. It did not take long to get 36. I also ran some head boat trips alot more people all casting. Limiting a head boat is much tougher. I got my six every trip but I do it for a living. There were days even tourist got theirs. Good year. I will try Alabama’s fishing holes in the next couple of years. I will let you know when I get there. We can go after them together.

The whole reason I started fishing for catfish is the amount of fun per fish caught. If I catch bass, crappie or bream, they are usually fairly close to the bank. Even a decent sized largemouth (4 or 5 lbs) only gives me a few minutes of fight. But I throw WAY out for catfish. So when it hits, I get 15 or 20 minutes of fight. Sometimes more. Most were in the 20 lb range, but I did catch one a shade over 30 lbs. All from the bank.

O-H

ROLL TIDE!!!

GO BUCKS

The whole reason I started fishing for catfish is the amount of fun per fish caught. If I catch bass, crappie or bream, they are usually fairly close to the bank. Even a decent sized largemouth (4 or 5 lbs) only gives me a few minutes of fight. But I throw WAY out for catfish. So when it hits, I get 15 or 20 minutes of fight. Sometimes more. Most were in the 20 lb range, but I did catch one a shade over 30 lbs. All from the bank.
Catfish will give you a fight. Small mouth fight like hell also.

Can y'all break the thread line?

I left this thread hours ago, but I"m still getting alerts.

In case anyone missed it, you need to know about one of the best things in this games. And it did not matter at all as far as the win was concerned.

Coach Saban has a reputation as a gruff, grouchy task master. But tonight he showed another side.

Landon Dickerson, a 5th year senior and starting center was injured in the SEC Championship. A season ending knee injury. He still won the Rimington Award for best center.

He was dressed out for the game tonight, even though there was no way he would play. Coach Saban said it was ceremonial to have the 2 year starting center on the sidelines.

At the end of the game, with the score 52-24, everyone knew the Crimson Tide would simply snap the ball and kneel down twice. Saban sent Landon Dickerson in to do those snaps. He earned them. And Saban showed he knew he earned them.

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

1610430371865.png

One of the things that I think hurt OSU is the lack of games during the season and the pandemic protocols that hampered preseason pactice.

Both offenses last night were obviously capable of scoring. The difference came down to who could stop the other team from scoring.

Now the Alabama defense was not a typical Nick Saban defense. Especially early in the season, they were not even that good. A big part of this is the inability to practice against an offense. The offense can practice and train without opposition. A defense cannot do that. Especially in the more complicated or varied defensive schemes, reaction to what the other team does is one of the most important parts of success. Alabama's defense got better as the season went on. Alabama played 12 games before they took the field for the Natty. Ohio State played only 7 games before they faced Bama. OSU's defense was solid when they played the familiar 4-3 defense. That might work against most teams. But it obviously didn't work against Bama. But with little practice before the season and far fewer games played, they were unable to adjust. And they got burned in epic fashion.

Forum List

Back