National Antique Day- (tomorrow)

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
April 9th is National Cherish An Antique Day

HOUSTON (CW39) Each year on National Cherish an Antique Day, people are encouraged to find a deeper story and meaning behind treasures and family heirlooms they own.

On April 9th every year, the day reminds us that sometimes there is more to antiques than just a dollar value. The day provides us an opportunity to learn the story and the history behind our treasured antiques. It’s an excellent time to record the provenance and preserve it for safekeeping to be passed on to future generations.

I have 3 pieces of furniture I think qualify as antiques- and a couple of coats - LOL

The huge decline in the value of antiques is matched by America's decline in quality of life. The American people are far removed from cherishing that which is lost to the average American.

There are some exceptions on the high end but that's far out of reach to the average American who is getting by with MDF furniture made in China expressly for the US market.

.........., you should know you've lost when playing by the rules failed to bring the promise the American way was supposed to bring.

Antiques are a celebration of a higher quality of life.

HOUSTON (CW39) Each year on National Cherish an Antique Day, people are encouraged to find a deeper story and meaning behind treasures and family heirlooms they own.

On April 9th every year, the day reminds us that sometimes there is more to antiques than just a dollar value. The day provides us an opportunity to learn the story and the history behind our treasured antiques. It’s an excellent time to record the provenance and preserve it for safekeeping to be passed on to future generations.

I have 3 pieces of furniture I think qualify as antiques- and a couple of coats - LOL
I R 1 !

A day to celebrate Nancy Pelosi? Geesh, we are just plain stupid.

The huge decline in the value of antiques is matched by America's decline in quality of life. The American people are far removed from cherishing that which is lost to the average American.

There are some exceptions on the high end but that's far out of reach to the average American who is getting by with MDF furniture made in China expressly for the US market.

.........., you should know you've lost when playing by the rules failed to bring the promise the American way was supposed to bring.

Antiques are a celebration of a higher quality of life.

LOL! Thanks for the laughs!

Funny you should mention that. I am the undisputed King of finding valuable treasures at garage sales. Actually went to one yesterday and found two identical wooden 15" diameter propellers. $5 for the pair.

They date back to 1917 and were used on the auxillary generators of the US World War One Airco De Havilland DH.4 fighter biplanes. The only known examples I could find are those on a DH.4 hanging in the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. I'm thinking I'll get around $650-$700 for them on Ebay. Possibly more because of the rarity of them.

Some pictures:

props1.jpg

props2.jpg

props3.jpg

props4.jpg

props5.jpg

props6.jpg

Here's the De Havilland DH.4 I mentioned, that's in the Smithsonian. Very few of these around

props7.jpg

props8.jpg

Some additional information on these...

Wooden Propeller

• Banned

Funny you should mention that. I am the undisputed King of finding valuable treasures at garage sales. Actually went to one yesterday and found two identical wooden 15" diameter propellers. $5 for the pair.

They date back to 1917 and were used on the auxillary generators of the US World War One Airco De Havilland DH.4 fighter biplanes. The only known examples I could find are those on a DH.4 hanging in the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. I'm thinking I'll get around $650-$700 for them on Ebay. Possibly more because of the rarity of them.

Some pictures:

View attachment 477711

View attachment 477712

View attachment 477713

View attachment 477714

View attachment 477715

View attachment 477716

Here's the De Havilland DH.4 I mentioned, that's in the Smithsonian. Very few of these around

View attachment 477717

View attachment 477718

Some additional information on these...

Wooden Propeller
Good find! King- LOL

That's a pity.

I won't be one til the day after tomorrow

Forum List

Back