National Abortion Ban Possible if Roe v. Wade Overturned: Mitch McConnell

You mean they will vote for the party that's giving babies of illegals formula American women can't get? The party that brought back forcing schools to allow weirdos in dresses to compete in female athletics where their daughters are severely disadvantaged?

Abortion is a seriously divided issue, but not the most important one in the eyes of women. You don't give them enough credit. What they are looking at is what it costs them now to fill up their SUV they use to haul their family in. They are looking at their huge increase in their grocery bill. What it cost them last winter to keep themselves and their family warm.

Only younger and more irresponsible females will be outraged by this, and they were never going to vote Republican anyway. The Democrat party is the party of irresponsible people and weirdos.
You said it yourself, abortion is a very controversial issue. That's why it's best left up to women and their doctors to decide if it's needed. The courts and the government should stay out of the abortion issue entirely they have no right to interfere.

Which is why I despise both parties who doesn't do the right thing.

Compromise is the only path all else is already a failure.

Fuck You McConnell!
If you were scheduled to die by being mutilated and tossed into the trash can

I would certainly, certainly hope that the parties would do the right thing and stop such a tragedy..

OOOPS!

I meant to say, I would certainly hope that they would find a compromise...

+

You mean they will vote for the party that's giving babies of illegals formula American women can't get? The party that brought back forcing schools to allow weirdos in dresses to compete in female athletics where their daughters are severely disadvantaged?

Abortion is a seriously divided issue, but not the most important one in the eyes of women. You don't give them enough credit. What they are looking at is what it costs them now to fill up their SUV they use to haul their family in.
HUH?

filling up the SUV is more important than babies being murdered by the millions?

If it is true that most women have that kind of value system...

it is no wonder our country is virtually GONE

sheez

+

If you were scheduled to die by being mutilated and tossed into the trash can

I would certainly, certainly hope that the parties would do the right thing and stop such a tragedy..

OOOPS!

I meant to say, I would certainly hope that they would find a compromise...

+

There has to be a compromise or there will be a civil war blowing up on us someday besides I have already said NO to 2 and 3rd Trimester abortions and consider partial birth murder.

Extremists are causing this unresolved problem to go on and on and on.

You said it yourself, abortion is a very controversial issue. That's why it's best left up to women and their doctors to decide if it's needed. The courts and the government should stay out of the abortion issue entirely they have no right to interfere.
abortion is NOT controversial. It is murder

Murder is either legal or it is not.

There, simplified reality for ya....

of course, you will again attempt to complicate a very simple matter... that's what those who justify evil do... it is why our country is virtually GONE

+

There has to be a compromise or there will be a civil war blowing up on us someday besides I have already said NO to 2 and 3rd Trimester abortions and consider partial birth murder.

Extremists are causing this unresolved problem to go on and on and on.
what did Goldwater say: Extremism in the cause of what is right is not extremism.. (I'll find the verbatim quote)

Again, while the politicians and other greedy so and sos complicate issues for political gain.. it is VERY simple

either abortion is murder or it is not

which one is it?

People are listening too much to the complicators who seek political gain through lies and deception... The Truth is plain to see, however, once you get your head out of... uh.. that dark place they want it to be in...........

I think this is a compromise. If your state wants to have abortion, then they can have abortion. If they don't or want their limits, they are free to do that as well.

Currently your state doesn't have the constitutional right to outlaw abortion. That's no compromise.

what did Goldwater say: Extremism in the cause of what is right is not extremism.. (I'll find the verbatim quote)

Again, while the politicians and other greedy so and sos complicate issues for political gain.. it is VERY simple

which one is it?

People are listening too much to the complicators who seek political gain through lies and deception... The Truth is plain to see, however, once you get your head out of... uh.. that dark place they want it to be in...........

It's not as simple as it's murder or not. Whether it's murder is a matter of opinion.

After all, we don't celebrate your conception day, we celebrate your birth day--the day you took your first breath. Gravestones and death records use the first day you took your breath until your last day you took your breath to determine your existence on this planet.

So murder is subjective.

which one is it?

Extremists are those who wants either 100% NO abortion or 100% YES abortions which is the current situation for such idiots.

However there are a large number who does prefer a compromise but gets drowned out by the ugly manipulating media and extremists screaming loudly.

My suggestion is a compromise along these lines:

Abortion is 100% legal up to 16 weeks (First Trimester) which 93% of abortions already occurs according to the CDC which makes for an easy compromise proposal since most democrats do it this time frame.

NO abortions except for rape incest deformities and health of mother.

Make partial birth abortions illegal and at MURDER one level with long prison sentence no parole.

The courts are not interfering. I don't understand what you don't get about all this. The court is merely ruling if abortion is constitutionally protected or not. That's all they are ruling on. They are not saying abortion is to be outlawed, if it's to be permitted, only that they are leaving it up to the states to decide.

Now if you believe your state should stay out of it, you vote for candidates that share your views. If you believe it's murder and should be outlawed in your state, then you do the same as well.

The courts are not interfering. I don't understand what you don't get about all this. The court is merely ruling if abortion is constitutionally protected or not. That's all they are ruling on. They are not saying abortion is to be outlawed, if it's to be permitted, only that they are leaving it up to the states to decide.

Now if you believe your state should stay out of it, you vote for candidates that share your views. If you believe it's murder and should be outlawed in your state, then you do the same as well.

He seems to be suggesting that men can't vote on this at the state level.

:cuckoo:

I HOPE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+
Republicans have consistently voted for anti-abortion bans over women's rights. Republicans have expressed the belief that marriage is only a heterosexual thing and gay marriage should be banned. Despite any proof of election fraud, Republicans have consistently pushed for new election laws which are inherently discriminatory. The logical next step for them is to attack anyone who isn't a Christian and try to make this nation into our Christian dystopia. Any and all of this should be alarming to every citizen of the United States.

Republicans have consistently voted for anti-abortion bans over women's rights. Republicans have expressed the belief that marriage is only a heterosexual thing and gay marriage should be banned.

No, what we said is that marriage should be a state issue and not a constitutional one, much like abortion. Marriage isn't even mentioned in the Constitution because the government had no place for it. Marriage was always a religious rite going back to the old testament until government decided to get involved.

Agreed

McConnell is being an extremist

Compromise is necessary on this issue

Roe was an acceptable middle ground. Even though it was wrongly legislated from the bench

Congress COULD enact Roe into law, but the chances of getting Congress to agree on ANYTHING (except continuing resolutions) are slim to none (and Slim left town).
He said the quiet part out loud didn't he.

No, what we said is that marriage should be a state issue and not a constitutional one, much like abortion. Marriage isn't even mentioned in the Constitution because the government had no place for it. Marriage was always a religious rite going back to the old testament until government decided to get involved.
Although many churches allow same-sex marriages now, the marriage right we're talking about is the secular one the one the government is required to serve with Justice and equality. Thank GOD those things are in the Constitution. We can count on federal law to protect all the 1 million + US gay citizens that are happily married. The states cannot touch that.

He said the quiet part out loud didn't he.
It wasn't a real promise, it was an attempt to try to keep the Republican base. They don't want to think all Republicans are extremists that want to repeal Roe versus Wade.

Excuse you. Abortion until 24 weeks is a constitutionally protected right and has been since 1973. The only extremists are the twats trying to take this right away.
Correct, and we need to take into account the women who want to become mothers who find out late in their pregnancy that the fetus has multiple systemic problems and is not very viable. These women definitely deserve the right to have an abortion. If I were a woman and married with four kids already found out I was carrying such a fetus, I would not hesitate to abort it. This world has enough problems without bringing children into it that are in constant pain and need 50 operations to look halfway normal or die Young in the process and make the pain even that much worse.

Although many churches allow same-sex marriages now, the marriage right we're talking about is the secular one the one the government is required to serve with Justice and equality. Thank GOD those things are in the Constitution. We can count on federal law to protect all the 1 million + US gay citizens that are happily married. The states cannot touch that.

So you are all for 9 people in robes going against the voters and the state. I should have expected. The proper ruling would have been to get the federal government totally out of marriage and restore it back to the church. As for religions that allow gay marriage, I have no problem with that. It's their religion and they can exercise it as they wish. If their parishioners object, they have the option to leave that church or religion.

You don't seem to understand the concept of our country. The founders wanted states to operate like little countries, each creating their own environment. The feds were only supposed to be involved in federal issues, and abortion nor marriage is a federal issue. Those are religious and personal issues.

Forum List

Back