Nat Turner. Hero or Villian?

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Reaction score
Are you not uncomfortable asking questions that have nothing to do with quoted statements?

OP
Asclepias

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Are you not uncomfortable asking questions that have nothing to do with quoted statements?
I learned long ago to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. Looks like you are uncomfortable answering my question which shows your hypocrisy. Nice try at further deflecting.

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Reaction score
I learned long ago to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. Looks like you are uncomfortable answering my question which shows your hypocrisy. Nice try at further deflecting.
Your imagination is carrying you away. Whatever you seek, it is not here that you'll find it.

OP
Asclepias

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Your imagination is carrying you away. Whatever you seek, it is not here that you'll find it.
Your inability to answer my question just shows that you are running. I suspected that me seeking an answer from you on my question that made you uncomfortable is futile. I just wanted you to confirm it. Thank you.

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I found out some great news today. I am related to one of my heroes Nat Turner. Fredrick Douglass also thought of Nat Turner as someone that deserved admiration. Calling him more of a revolutionary than the whites that supposedly fought for freedom while simultaneously enslaving others. I have long thought it took some guts and fortitude to do what Turner did. He killed every single white person he ran into. This included women and children. I dont think I would have been able to kill some of the women and none of the children. Guts not because it was dangerous but because it goes against the natural instinct to protect children. Some people (even some Black people) think he should not have killed the women and children but I have pointed out that those same women and children would have definitely ran for help thereby reducing the force and effectiveness of what he was doing. In my eyes he will always be a hero for fighting for his people. His attitude is one all Black people should have in the face of oppression. "By Any Means Necessary"
For the people who say Nat was wrong for doing what he did, consider this. In the Jewish bible, God kills innocent Egyptian children to teach the pharaoh a lesson.

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Reaction score
So, those who are 'God' can do likewise. The rest should do otherwise.

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I found out some great news today. I am related to one of my heroes Nat Turner. Fredrick Douglass also thought of Nat Turner as someone that deserved admiration. Calling him more of a revolutionary than the whites that supposedly fought for freedom while simultaneously enslaving others. I have long thought it took some guts and fortitude to do what Turner did. He killed every single white person he ran into. This included women and children. I dont think I would have been able to kill some of the women and none of the children. Guts not because it was dangerous but because it goes against the natural instinct to protect children. Some people (even some Black people) think he should not have killed the women and children but I have pointed out that those same women and children would have definitely ran for help thereby reducing the force and effectiveness of what he was doing. In my eyes he will always be a hero for fighting for his people. His attitude is one all Black people should have in the face of oppression. "By Any Means Necessary"
For the people who say Nat was wrong for doing what he did, consider this. In the Jewish bible, God kills innocent Egyptian children to teach the pharaoh a lesson.
Nat Turner wasn't God. Just a murderer

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
He most certainly was not just a murderer.

If I enslaved you for two days I’d like to see what you would do to my family when one night you got out of your chains. All you just did was prove you are downplaying what it meant to be a slave. No empathy.

If you enslaved me you would wake up one night to find your entire family killed. You did that not me.

And like I showed you god would murder kids for much less. Kids who aren’t even children of the pharaoh. Why? To punish the Pharaoh.

And if nat was just a murderer was his owner just a slave owner? Or was he a husband, father, man, son.

See how you humanize the slave owner but demonize his victim? You are sick

IM2

Diamond Member
Reaction score
He most certainly was not just a murderer.

If I enslaved you for two days I’d like to see what you would do to my family when one night you got out of your chains. All you just did was prove you are downplaying what it meant to be a slave. No empathy.

If you enslaved me you would wake up one night to find your entire family killed. You did that not me.

And like I showed you god would murder kids for much less. Kids who aren’t even children of the pharaoh. Why? To punish the Pharaoh.

And if nat was just a murderer was his owner just a slave owner? Or was he a husband, father, man, son.

See how you humanize the slave owner but demonize his victim? You are sick
Irish ass is another white supremacist. You can't expect intelligent thinking from a dunce cap.

AZrailwhale

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, that kind of enslavement was never going to end any other way. And it didn't. Ask Shelby Foote.
I disagree.

I am not saying it would of ended through pacifism, but Nat Turner slaughtering innocent men, women, and children did nothing to help the struggle.
Every enslaved human being under that system was innocent.
Oh? How about blacks who were in turn defeated and enslaved after defeating and enslaving their enemies? I don’t see them as innocent.

OldLady

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I found out some great news today. I am related to one of my heroes Nat Turner.
Cool beans. I'm the 5th great granddaughter of Hannah Duston.
Geneaology is so much fun.

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Reaction score
...and everyone on earth today is related to everyone who was alive in the year 700 CE (which includes Mohammed).

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List