Nat Turner. Hero or Villian?

IM2

Diamond Member
Reaction score
you attacked me, I'm just better at making sense than you, that's why you attacked me again.
"Attacked" you? All I did was express an opinion contrary to yours and that made you feel as if you were under attack?
As you well know the only people living with a victim mentality are the white racists.
Hey, on the airplane ride back from Europe I watched an episode of blackish. Black monopoly. Funny episode.
I don't really watch the show. Not for any other reason than I am a sports junkie.

OP
Asclepias

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I’m watching Django. Nat was a hero and too bad more brothers didn’t have that mentality but that’s what happens when you treat a human like a slave from birth.
I’m watching Django. Nat was a hero and too bad more brothers didn’t have that mentality but that’s what happens when you treat a human like a slave from birth.
How long did you live as a slave or anyone else you know? That goes for whom ever made the picture too.
How long have you fought the British for independence or anyone else you know? Would you like to apply that same standard to every movie?
All anyone needs to do is look at one of those white girls who gets held in captivity by some white guy for ten years. What do they always say about them? They say the trauma and experience will mess them up for the rest of their lives. They’ll need years of extensive therapy.

So now imagine being treated like you are not human from birth.

This Lastamender seems to lack empathy for slaves because he wasn’t alive back then. And he’s suggesting I don’t know what I’m talking about because I wasn’t there. Well that’s true but I’m not downplaying the experience. Is he suggesting being a slave wasn’t so bad?
Lastamender is an idiot. You dont have to be in a situation in order to empathize.
Lastamender is an idiot. You dont have to be in a situation in order to empathize.
You tell no one what or how they feel. When are you going to realize that, you race baiting crybaby.
Of course I dont tell anyone what and how they feel you moron. I said you dont have to actually experience a situation to empathize.

OP
Asclepias

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Great ending for him....swinging from a tree and his actions only made it harder for blacks afterwards as states passed laws cracking down.
The best ending. Shows he was absolutely willing to die for his beliefs. His actions inspired and motivated generation after generation of freedom fighters that continue to this day. We dont mind that it was harder. Nat Turner just showed the whites that there would be repercussions to their actions.
And repercussions for his actions.
I'd give my life to kill off more racist whites. Thats a consequence I could take.

OP
Asclepias

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So it's ok to be evil as long as it's evil for you
Do you consider the whites killed blacks during slavery and for any reason other than actual self-defense "evil". What about the ones who beat, kidnapped, raped mutilated, etc. black people, free or slave?
How does that excuse the slaughter of children?

oh, it doesn't?
It does excuse the death of the white children. Those vermin where going to grow up and abuse other Blacks. Good riddance they were killed. 1 less recessive, deranged white person to persecute Blacks simply for being Black.

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Reaction score
He killed children who had no choice in who their parents are
Time to revisit this statement which I left unanswered because I knew that no matter what I say it will be twisted into something else, yet it needs to be stated.

When a person goes after someone's child or children generally it has nothing to do with the perceived guilt or innocence of the child. Instead it is the most surefire way to cut straight to the heart of the parent and to hurt and devastate them in the most effective way possible. We're seeing it now in the callous disregard for the knowing pain that's being inflicted upon parents separated from their children at our southern border and the crazy and visceral reaction to the hypothetical question of how would the Trumps feel if their kid was ripped away from them and tossed in a detainment camp. No big deal in one case and how fucking dare you in the other. That was one of the constant threats used to keep slaves in line - the threat of selling away their children or other family members to be abused by some other slave owner.

The slave revolts were essentially a known suicide mission because they knew that they would ultimately be killed therefore the plan was presumably to take out as many of the enemy before being killed themselves. There is no way that you can use the terms right/wrong, innocent/guilty or even lawful/unlawful in a situation where the offenses include violations of the parties human rights and there is no rule of law, no justice to be had for a whole segment of the population except for that which the white race deemed fit to dole out. Every single human being has the right to defend their life even under the most egregious circumstances.

I honestly do not understand why people seemly have such a hard time understanding this. The most basic test for whether or not something should be done is how would you feel if it were done to you or one of your loved ones. If the answer is no you would not want it done to your or yours then I can guarantee you that it's something that you shouldn't be doing to others. And I don't mean you specifically, I mean all of the people involved in the institution of slavery and the degradation of black people as a result of any of the United States racists policies, procedures, practices, etc., in any way.

Last edited:
OP
Asclepias

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Reaction score
He killed children who had no choice in who their parents are
Time to revisit this statement which I left unanswered because I knew that no matter what I say it will be twisted into something else, yet it needs to be stated.

When a person goes after someone's child or children generally it has nothing to do with the perceived guilt or innocence of the child. Instead it is the most surefire way to cut straight to the heart of the parent and to hurt and devastate them in the most effective way possible. We're seeing it now in the callous disregard for the knowing pain that's being inflicted upon parents separated from their children at our southern border and the crazy and visceral reaction to the hypothetical question of how would the Trumps feel if their kid was ripped away from them and tossed in a detainment camp. No big deal in one case and how fucking dare you in the other. That was one of the constant threats used to keep slaves in line - the threat of selling away their children or other family members to be abused by some other slave owner.

The slave revolts were essentially a known suicide mission because they knew that they would ultimately be killed therefore the plan was presumably to take out as many of the enemy before being killed themselves. There is no way that you can use the terms right/wrong, innocent/guilty or even lawful/unlawful in a situation where the offenses include violations the parties human rights and there is no rule of law, no justice to be had for a whole segment of the population except for what which white race deemed fit to dole out. Every single human being has the right to defend their life even under the most egregious circumstances.

I honestly do not understand why people seemly have such a hard time understanding this. The most basic test for whether or not something should be done is how would you feel if it were done to you or one of your loved ones. If the answer is no you would not want it done to your or yours then I can guarantee you that it's something that you shouldn't be doing to others. And I don't mean you specifically, I mean all of the people involved in the institution of slavery and the degradation of black people as a result of any of the United States racists policies, procedures, practices, etc., in any way.
The problem is its very easy for whites to lie and say they wouldnt have done the same. We know this isnt true due to their own history but they will claim it nonetheless.

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Great ending for him....swinging from a tree and his actions only made it harder for blacks afterwards as states passed laws cracking down.
The best ending. Shows he was absolutely willing to die for his beliefs. His actions inspired and motivated generation after generation of freedom fighters that continue to this day. We dont mind that it was harder. Nat Turner just showed the whites that there would be repercussions to their actions.
And repercussions for his actions.
I'd give my life to kill off more racist whites. Thats a consequence I could take.
Reminds me of Black Panther. He was going to spare the villains life but then the bad guy said, "what so I can live the rest of my life in a cage? Like some of our ancestors did I'd rather jump in the ocean and risk almost sure death than suffer a lifetime of slavery.

I wish the blacks didn't jump ship. They should have revolted and killed the whites on the ship.

Oh but these white fools here will tell you that would have been morally wrong. LOL. They are retarded.

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem is its very easy for whites to lie and say they wouldnt have done the same. We know this isnt true due to their own history but they will claim it nonetheless.
If they can't even acknowledge things that are demonstrably true, like the racist words in the racist laws and court rulings, etc. they certainly aren't going to be able to do any soul searching and admit any of the hard truths of human nature and the abuse of power & authority that allowed the subjugation of black people LEGALLY for close to 200 years in this country.

MarcATL

Platinum Member
Reaction score
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If they can't even acknowledge things that are demonstrably true, like the racist words in the racist laws and court rulings, etc. they certainly aren't going to be able to do any soul searching and admit any of the hard truths of human nature and the abuse of power & authority that allowed the subjugation of black people LEGALLY for close to 200 years in this country.
Charleston, South Carolina, Formally Apologizes for Its Role in the Slave Trade | Smart News | Smithsonian

Charleston is FINALLY apologizing for slavery.

MarcATL

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's funny how all of a sudden the past counts.

Nat Turner was a hero. He did not kill anyone innocent. All the people he killed were slaveowners. All of them.
Exactly!

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So it's ok for the rape victim to go to their rapists neighborhood and murder all the children there.

you should patent that level of stewpud
If the rapists family watched you get raped and sat by yes kill them.

Then other rapists might not rape for fear of their families safety.

Same way Israelis demolish a suicide bombers family home. Now palistinians don’t do it anymore
you support murdering innocent people.

by your logic, anyone that knows a drug dealer should be in jail for not turning in the drug dealer.
Proving you don’t get how cruel slavery was.

Remember areal Castro who kidnapped 3 women for a decade? Should anyone who knew he held those girls captive go to jail? Fuck yea!
you have no idea either, so you made no point.
I have a brain, common sense, empathy, an open mind and I’m a little less of a ignorant racist than you. I work on it.
you don't have empathy, you have a chip in your head that makes you repeat what you are told.

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Reaction score
It is impossible to admire those who purposely kill infants.
There is only one race.
Racist speech is absurd and displays either lack of consciousness or intelligence.
As we see in these posts, such speech crosses lines of skin color.

katsteve2012

Platinum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you're not including our government or military members in that statement?
Exactly. Numerous infants were killed in Hiroshima by the atomic bomb, and tortured with napalm in Viet Nam, during a war that the U.S. never should have even been in.

But of course, that can be rationalized and justified in the name of the U.S. acting as the worlds police force.

Those who were a part of the slave rebellion led by Nat Turner, had no crystal ball to tell them that slavery would end.

They justifiably eliminated the future enemies and oppressors of THEIR own children.

Last edited:
OP
Asclepias

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There is only one race.
Racist speech is absurd and displays either lack of consciousness or intelligence.
If thats true why do you honor the US veterans of war that have killed children?

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Reaction score
There is only one race.
If thats true why do you honor the US veterans of war that have killed children?
Why do you pose insubstantial questions?

OP
Asclepias

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There is only one race.
Why do you pose insubstantial questions?
To see if you will become uncomfortable and try to deflect by asking a question instead of answering the one posed to you. Looks like it worked.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List