Nashville, Tenn. (AP) — Southern Baptist Convention says it is under investigation by Department of Justice

Sad to say but pedos/groomers have always gravitated towards positions that give them access to vulnerable children.
Coaches, priests, doctors, trainers, teachers, counselors, child welfare, politicians, etc...

It's been happening forever but maybe people are starting to wake up a little

what's going on in my America? this is not my America!

Is your America the one that would not investigate sexual abuse cover ups because a preacher was involved? I doubt this abuse is new. It is just the willingness to hold those who covered it up accountable that is and that is progress toward a more perfect union.

I know . It's like a fucking cartoon or something. Like opposite world , these lefties just say the exact opposite of reality. . In every thread, on every topic. Ridiculous. Why do they hate America and Americans so much?
the ones who live in their own world are the die hard party people on both sides....they see only what they want to see .....

This supposed allegations are kinda nuts IMHO.
The SBC is not hierarchy....it's a convention so there's no one telling anyone what to do.

You join because you agree. No leverage of membership at all. Even non-members have the same access as members.

This "secret list" also wasn't so secret. It was made from published newspaper articles. Meaning that the list of names had already been published publicly.

The ONE thing that the SBC does recommend is that every pastor that churches wish to hire is given a background check before doing so. It's been a common practice for the past 50 years or more.

And if accused of anything like the public information "secret list" contains....well the church shouldn't hire him.

Just a conservative protecting pedos again. Nothing to see here. Move right along.
School teachers are openly abusing children and when parents speak out. They are investigated by the doj, supported by liberals. The church has gone a long way in making sure children aren't getting abused.

Forum List

Back