NASA: ‘There’s a Chance’ of Alien Life Out There, But it Hasn’t Visited Earth

As life is present on Earth, the probability of life occurring in the universe is 100%. In fact, probability is not even the correct term. It is certain that life occurred, so it is certainly possible it could occur elsewhere. That is, if "elsewhere" is a correct assumption. "Everywhere" might really mean "right here". We may find that our way of looking at the universe, dividing it up into our perceptual packets, is truly illusion. That may be at the heart of "spooky action at a distance". We might have to look again at looking, see 'seeing' in a new way. Our fundamental approach may be so subtly wrong that we haven't realized it yet.

How could it not? The fact is neither you, or anyone else knows.
Nor do I have to know to say the things I have ssaid.You're not making any point. And saying I don't know the salinity of the water 4 billion years ago does not undermine my point or do anything to strengthen yours. So you're wasting your time

Nor do I have to know to say the things I have ssaid. So you're wasting your time
Not anymore...
So why did life as we know it appear on Earth right about when it could, and not long before or later? Was an alien race watching our planet, waiting for the right time? Let's hear your explanation. Lay it out for us, and be specific. Then we can compare it to mine and all have a good laugh afterward at the expense of your explanation.

Nor do I have to know to say the things I have ssaid. So you're wasting your time
Not anymore...
So why did life as we know it appear on Earth right about when it could, and not long before or later? Was an alien race watching our planet, waiting for the right time? Let's hear your explanation. Lay it out for us, and be specific. Then we can compare it to mine and all have a good laugh afterward at the expense of your explanation.
You keep saying “could”. Which is completely meaningless unless you know the parameters in which life can form. And you don’t. Which is quite the point. That said... Being you find victory in having the “last word” (which is why you wait days to reply) I’ll allow you the last word in our discourse here. Keep on “Winning”...

You keep saying “could”. Which is completely meaningless unless you know the parameters in which life can form.

We can set a limit regarding liquid water and temperature (which are, essentially, the same thing). We know that the earth was molten before a certain point.

Now again...:

Why did life appear so soon after this, if seeding is the origin? Why not, say, 1 billion years later? Why not, 2 billion ? Coincidence? Clearly it could not have happened sooner. The seeding happened, by chance, to occur then, and not much sooner or later? Certainly that is possible, but seems like quite a leap to take when another, much simpler idea explains it quite neatly: abiogenesis from extant constituents due to selection.

And ironically, you still have to acquiesce to abiogenesis from extant constituents on another planet in order to account for the seeds you say made their way here.

So, how do you account for this? Just coincidence? You have to insist abiogenesis happened somewhere at some time, but the same process happening here is not possible, to you? How do you also account for that?

You see the problems you create for yourself, here. I have just stated two, and I think you need to account for both.

"I don't know....coincidence?" is an acceptable answer. But then you are stuck a more complicated explanation that requires more leaps of coincidence than the much simpler explanation i offer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back