Nancy Pelosi Owes MAGA Supporters An Apology: Colorado Gay Nightclub Shooter Identifies as Non-Binary, Uses ‘They/Them’ Pronouns

Of course, everyone else is responsible except for the person who committed the crime, and society doesn't have to do anything about mental illness because it gives you cover for you to obsess over getting rid of guns.

Point was, that if Nancy Lanza wasn't a crazy prepper bitch who let her mentally ill son have access to guns and let him play first person shooter games all day instead of getting him into a treatment program... he might still be alive, she might still be alive, and 6 teachers and 20 kids might still be alive

There's no pretending, I've always cared about all people. Funny how you decided to throw the racist flag after I pointed out your prescription would result in racists being able to refuse service to black customers.
You mean other than rationalizing police brutality against black people? And supporting Trump?

When did I admit that. It's pretty clear this guy hated gay people.
It's pretty clear that the GOP has spent YEARS demonizing LGBTQ people.
It's pretty clear that this guy was able to get a gun despite being mentally ill.

Some slick lawyer trying to get him off on an insanity defense isn't going to fly.

No, we should actually interpret the 2nd Amendment as it was meant.. .WELL REGULATED MILITIAS. Not every nut in the world running around with a gun.
It's pretty clear that the GOP has spent YEARS demonizing LGBTQ people.

Link? JoeB131

Point was, that if Nancy Lanza wasn't a crazy prepper bitch who let her mentally ill son have access to guns and let him play first person shooter games all day instead of getting him into a treatment program... he might still be alive, she might still be alive, and 6 teachers and 20 kids might still be alive
Hindsight is wonderful, isn't it? There are incidents of mentally ill children being abused in treatment programs as well, so you could make the case they would have been better off staying at home playing video games. The point is, you're blaming everyone except the person who committed the crime. Heck, you're even blaming the incident on guns instead of mental illness.
You mean other than rationalizing police brutality against black people? And supporting Trump?
1. Supporting TRUMP! doesn't make anyone a racist. That's just a stupid thing to believe. Heck, if you want to do that, I'll say that supporting Biden makes you a child's hair sniffer.
2. I don't rationalize "police brutality against black people", never have. What I have said is something like, when a man with a gun who is legally permitted to shoot you if you disobey him says get on the ground, the smart thing to do is get on the ground. And I don't recall ever saying that doesn't apply to white people.

Hindsight is wonderful, isn't it? There are incidents of mentally ill children being abused in treatment programs as well, so you could make the case they would have been better off staying at home playing video games. The point is, you're blaming everyone except the person who committed the crime. Heck, you're even blaming the incident on guns instead of mental illness.
Uh, he wasn't a child when he shot those people up... but yeah, let's show him how to shoot, let him play video games all day, and fill his head with crazy.

I'd love to throw Adam and Nancy Lanza in prison for the rest of their lives... but they're dead. I'll settle for the 73 MILLION Remington paid out, though.

2. I don't rationalize "police brutality against black people", never have. What I have said is something like, when a man with a gun who is legally permitted to shoot you if you disobey him says get on the ground, the smart thing to do is get on the ground. And I don't recall ever saying that doesn't apply to white people.
So you just rationalized it again... but you aren't racist, no sir.

Uh, he wasn't a child when he shot those people up... but yeah, let's show him how to shoot, let him play video games all day, and fill his head with crazy.

I'd love to throw Adam and Nancy Lanza in prison for the rest of their lives... but they're dead. I'll settle for the 73 MILLION Remington paid out, though.
Isn't hindsight wonderful? Who's going to be the next mass shooter? You're really good at spotting them, right?

So now we're going to punish the parents of the crazies too, just because video games and reasons and stuff. Have you let Tipper know of your support?
So you just rationalized it again... but you aren't racist, no sir.
It's impossible for a statement to be racist when it applies to everyone. Everyone knows that the smart thing to do when a cop points a gun at you and tells you to get on the ground is to...get on the ground. What, do you believe that black people have a duty to resist everything a cop tells them to do while white people are smarter and don't? That sounds racist. Let's put this in the correct framework, YOU took my blanket statement that applies to everyone facing a cop with gun drawn and think I applied it only to black people. That's NOT me. Of course, you do that all the time, so no surprise there.

Me: "Swimming in this riptide is a good way to die"
Joe: "Racist! You know black people don't swim and aren't likely to know that!"

Me: "That makes no sense at all, and why are you saying black people don't swim"
Joe: "TRUMP! You're a racist!"

Me: "Okay, Tipper, put the label maker down and back away. No one needs to get hurt".

Dude, you REALLY have to reach a long way to make what I said racist. So far in fact that reality breaks and snaps back in your face. If you don't have anything better than that, you have nothing at all.

Isn't hindsight wonderful? Who's going to be the next mass shooter? You're really good at spotting them, right?

So now we're going to punish the parents of the crazies too, just because video games and reasons and stuff. Have you let Tipper know of your support?

Oh, you miss the point. I'm not going to be the one to spot them. The gun stores are. Just know, if you get it wrong, we will take every last fucking thing you have.

It's impossible for a statement to be racist when it applies to everyone. Everyone knows that the smart thing to do when a cop points a gun at you and tells you to get on the ground is to...get on the ground.

Let's get real here, buddy. The cops aren't shooting white people for non-compliance. Heck, they aren't even shooting them for waiving guns around.

Tamir Rice gets shot for playing with a toy in a park, but Dylan Roof shoots 9 black people, and the cops take him out to Burger King.

Oh, you miss the point. I'm not going to be the one to spot them. The gun stores are. Just know, if you get it wrong, we will take every last fucking thing you have.
I think you're missing the point. I don't own a gun store, so you won't be taking anything. And I don't know if you've noticed, but most businesses are set up specifically to prevent busybodies like you from taking anything the owner owns.
Let's get real here, buddy. The cops aren't shooting white people for non-compliance. Heck, they aren't even shooting them for waiving guns around.

Tamir Rice gets shot for playing with a toy in a park, but Dylan Roof shoots 9 black people, and the cops take him out to Burger King.
Which does nothing to either negate anything I said or prove in any way that I'm a racist. I made an observation that is not only true but applies to everyone.

Here's the thing, you don't care about truth, you have feelz. I disagree with you, you automatically believe I'm a racist. What else, do you think I wear white after Labor Day or something?

One question. How many of Quid Pro Joe's administration would you deny guns because they look crazy? You know that some of them fit your description quite nicely, yet you seem to have no problem with them having a lot of control over your life. "Pony play" guy comes to mind.

I think you're missing the point. I don't own a gun store, so you won't be taking anything. And I don't know if you've noticed, but most businesses are set up specifically to prevent busybodies like you from taking anything the owner owns.

But that's the point. You repeal their liability immunity, they will do one of two things.

1) They will clean up their fucking act and stop selling guns to every psycho who walks in the door.
or
2) They will get sued enough times to no longer be able to run a business, because they won't have the working capital.

I'm good with either one.

Which does nothing to either negate anything I said or prove in any way that I'm a racist. I made an observation that is not only true but applies to everyone.

Yup, that's like saying a literacy test or a poll tax "applies to everyone".

But you are totally not racist when you support policies that impact people of color.

But that's the point. You repeal their liability immunity, they will do one of two things.

1) They will clean up their fucking act and stop selling guns to every psycho who walks in the door.
or
2) They will get sued enough times to no longer be able to run a business, because they won't have the working capital.

I'm good with either one.
So Sam Brinton walks into a gun store and is immediately shown to the door and reported as an obvious nut case trying to buy a gun. He's fine to be in the Quid Pro administration, but because he looks like an obvious nut case, can't buy a gun? Says a lot about Quid Pro and those who support him. And be real, you're not okay with gun stores limiting their sales, you want them shut down, completely.
Yup, that's like saying a literacy test or a poll tax "applies to everyone".

But you are totally not racist when you support policies that impact people of color.
Dude, in what world does, "Do what the officer with the gun says to do" impact black people more than white people? Listen carefully, because I am about to expose your own racism. The ONLY way you can make that statement is if you ASSUME black people do not do what the officer is telling them to do, and that is on par with racist Quid Pro when he said that poor kids are just as smart as white kids. We're not even arguing whether or not black people get shot more often by cops than white people do.

IOW, only in the fever swamps is telling people to obey the officer with a gun pointed at them on par with imposing a poll tax to prevent poor people from voting.

So Sam Brinton walks into a gun store and is immediately shown to the door and reported as an obvious nut case trying to buy a gun. He's fine to be in the Quid Pro administration, but because he looks like an obvious nut case, can't buy a gun?

Brinton passed a background check to get their job working with nuclear energy, because they has a Masters in Nuclear Science. And we wouldn't know who they were at all if they hadn't grabbed the wrong suitcase at an airport.

And be real, you're not okay with gun stores limiting their sales, you want them shut down, completely.

Yes, if Joe were Dictator of America, we'd shut down every fucking gun store and send the ATF out to collect all the guns, starting with the nutcases.

But since I'm not, let's come up with a reasonable compromise. You can have a gun, after they've done a really good background check. And it's on you to do it.

Just like if you call the IRS for advice on your taxes, and they later audit you, you can't claim, "But I talked to the IRS and you said my fake deduction was okay."

Dude, in what world does, "Do what the officer with the gun says to do" impact black people more than white people?

Do I really need to make a list of white people who waved guns around and didn't get shot?

How about THESE assholes.

1670080675108.png

Brinton passed a background check to get their job working with nuclear energy, because they has a Masters in Nuclear Science. And we wouldn't know who they were at all if they hadn't grabbed the wrong suitcase at an airport.

Yes, if Joe were Dictator of America, we'd shut down every fucking gun store and send the ATF out to collect all the guns, starting with the nutcases.

But since I'm not, let's come up with a reasonable compromise. You can have a gun, after they've done a really good background check. And it's on you to do it.

Just like if you call the IRS for advice on your taxes, and they later audit you, you can't claim, "But I talked to the IRS and you said my fake deduction was okay."

Do I really need to make a list of white people who waved guns around and didn't get shot?

View attachment 734075
The freak didn’t ”grab the wrong suitcase”, Simp.

It didn’t check a bag, so there was no reason for it to be anywhere around baggage claim grabbing a bag.

Ah, but that's not what you've been arguing this whole time. You were saying that it is enough for a clerk in a gun store to see a customer and say, "That person looks like a freak, so I'm not going to sell them a gun, no matter what checks they pass because Joe doesn't like it when a freak passes all the checks and gets a gun". That's been your stance. Under YOUR standard, Brinton should be denied a gun and you should applaud.

And that's wrong as well. If a government agency gives you advice on how to file forms with them and you follow that advice, the agency should own their mistake, and should eat any penalties or fees.

View attachment 734075
We're not arguing who gets shot and who doesn't. We're arguing over whether it's racist to say it's smart to obey a cop who's pointing a gun at you. You have utterly failed to make the case that it is in any way, and subsequently failed to make the case that I am a racist. You know, your feeble attempt at diversion from the topic.

Ah, but that's not what you've been arguing this whole time. You were saying that it is enough for a clerk in a gun store to see a customer and say, "That person looks like a freak, so I'm not going to sell them a gun, no matter what checks they pass because Joe doesn't like it when a freak passes all the checks and gets a gun". That's been your stance. Under YOUR standard, Brinton should be denied a gun and you should applaud.

Except Brinton passed a background check, and they only seem like a freak because of your sexual hangups.

And that's wrong as well. If a government agency gives you advice on how to file forms with them and you follow that advice, the agency should own their mistake, and should eat any penalties or fees.

Nope. Because you really can't rely on a five minute phone call with the IRS to give you good advice. Just like you can't rely on punching a name into an intentionally badly designed system to keep nuts from getting guns.

If you think something is questionable, hire an accountant. If you think the freak in the orange hair impersonating the Joker is questionable, do a more thorough background check.

We're not arguing who gets shot and who doesn't. We're arguing over whether it's racist to say it's smart to obey a cop who's pointing a gun at you.

But that's the point. The white person can disobey the cop and have a reasonable expectation not to get shot. A black person can actually COMPLY with police commands, and had a pretty good change of getting shot, anyway.

Except Brinton passed a background check, and they only seem like a freak because of your sexual hangups.
Nope, you said you don't trust background checks and you want minimum wage clerks in gun stores to have the power to override the checks and deny guns to people they think are freaks. Brinton clearly meets those criteria, and under YOUR standard, should be denied a gun and you should applaud. Or are you now going to be honest and say only people YOU think look like freaks should be denied a gun, even if they pass the background checks? Because, after all, democrats and stuff. Brinton is good enough for Quid Pro's administration, but not to get a gun? Says a lot about Quid Pro and his supporters.
Nope. Because you really can't rely on a five minute phone call with the IRS to give you good advice. Just like you can't rely on punching a name into an intentionally badly designed system to keep nuts from getting guns.
And there you go. Brinton should be denied a gun because he looks like a freak and "you can't rely on punching a name into an intentionally badly designed system to keep nuts from getting guns" (who designed the background check system in the first place? Obviously, you think the gun industry did it, so where's the evidence?). Face it, you made the bed, now lie in it. And yes, if we can't rely on advice from the IRS, they should stop pretending to offer it.

Look at where you have arrived in your argument. You want to hold a gun store liable if a clerk sells someone a gun who passes all the required tests then loans it to a friend who kills someone, but you want to hold IRS expert agents blameless if they lie to a taxpayer (or just plain make a mistake) and get them thrown in prison. That's some double standard right there. Reveals your mindset that the private sector should be held to a higher standard than the government, even when the government agency that has the power to punish gives the advice in the first place (can someone say entrapment?).
If you think something is questionable, hire an accountant. If you think the freak in the orange hair impersonating the Joker is questionable, do a more thorough background check.
So, Brinton gets a figurative anal probe, waits 6 months for neighbor and family interviews to complete and the FBI to interview him while the most radical TRUMP!ster (who looks completely normal) walks in, passes the check (because he of course has a clean record) and walks out with his 5th AR-15. That's what would happen, and you would be livid. Also, Billy walks out with a gun after a few minutes on paperwork while Tyrone gets told he has to wait for family and neighbor interviews to complete because he looks scary. You know that would happen too, but hey, clerks got power and stuff.
But that's the point. The white person can disobey the cop and have a reasonable expectation not to get shot. A black person can actually COMPLY with police commands, and had a pretty good change of getting shot, anyway.
Which is NOT the point. The advice is sound, regardless of who you are. See, here's the case you're trying to make. You're trying to claim that saying the smart thing to do is to obey the men in the uniforms who're pointing guns at you makes me a racist. Do you not see how absurd that argument is? Or is it that you have nothing of substance on which to hang your accusation? The fact that black suspects are treated differently by the police than white suspects (and they are) has nothing to do with me.

Nope, you said you don't trust background checks and you want minimum wage clerks in gun stores to have the power to override the checks and deny guns to people they think are freaks. Brinton clearly meets those criteria, and under YOUR standard, should be denied a gun and you should applaud. Or are you now going to be honest and say only people YOU think look like freaks should be denied a gun, even if they pass the background checks? Because, after all, democrats and stuff. Brinton is good enough for Quid Pro's administration, but not to get a gun? Says a lot about Quid Pro and his supporters.

Uh, I would be all for REAL background checks. Not done by minimum wage employees, of course, you can't get a good burger for minimum wage.

A real background check on Joker Holmes would have found he was mentally ill.
A real background check on Awake the Rapper would have found his history of violence and home dysfunction.
A real background check on Brinton would found they likes to wear dresses.

Only one of those three people GOT a background check, that was the problem.

So, Brinton gets a figurative anal probe, waits 6 months for neighbor and family interviews to complete and the FBI to interview him while the most radical TRUMP!ster (who looks completely normal) walks in, passes the check (because he of course has a clean record) and walks out with his 5th AR-15. T

Nope, they would BOTH get anal probes.

Which is NOT the point.

Actually, it's exactly the point, and "Contempt of Cop" should not be an executable offense.

1. Supporting TRUMP! doesn't make anyone a racist. That's just a stupid thing to believe. Heck, if you want to do that, I'll say that supporting Biden makes you a child's hair sniffer.
I just watched cbs sunday morning yesterday, and they were commenting on how child services sucks. the goberment is the issue, and will always be the issue. get out of lives assholes.

Uh, I would be all for REAL background checks. Not done by minimum wage employees, of course, you can't get a good burger for minimum wage.

A real background check on Awake the Rapper would have found his history of violence and home dysfunction.

Actually, it's exactly the point, and "Contempt of Cop" should not be an executable offense.
Parkland shooter was given a pass on his issues by Obammy. What?

Now talk about something else you might have an idea about. BTW, I'd be suing his white ass.

Except that you said a clerk should be allowed to deny a customer a gun because he looks like a freak, even if he passes all the checks. The REAL check you want, face reality, is a multi-month FBI investigation, complete with family and neighbor interviews, before a customer is allowed to purchase a gun. IOW, you want to make it so prohibitively onorous that no one will go through it, only to have to wait for months. Naturally, you won't have the government pay for all that.
Nope. Clerks have the power. Brinton and Tyrone get blocked while TRUMP!sters don't, and you get mad.
Of course it shouldn't be, but that's not what we're arguing. You failed to make your case that I'm a racist and now you're hoping against hope that I'll say something you can spin to sound racist in the fever swamp where you live. The bottom line remains, what I said is not racist at all. Got anything else, or did you pin all your hopes on that?

Except that you said a clerk should be allowed to deny a customer a gun because he looks like a freak, even if he passes all the checks. The REAL check you want, face reality, is a multi-month FBI investigation, complete with family and neighbor interviews, before a customer is allowed to purchase a gun. IOW, you want to make it so prohibitively onorous that no one will go through it, only to have to wait for months. Naturally, you won't have the government pay for all that.

Now you are getting it.

But since you guys won't go with that, we should let people who lose loved ones to gun violence sue, and if he looked like a freak, then' WHy the hell did you sell him a gun" is relevant.

A few hundred of these lawsuits, and the gun industry themselves will create meaningful background checks instead of just handing a gun to every freak who walks in the door.

Of course it shouldn't be, but that's not what we're arguing.

Nope, that's exactly what you are arguing, that a cop should have a right to instantly shoot anyone who doesn't immediately comply with commands (and of course, we know exactly who they are going to shoot.)

Forum List

Back