Name a street after a racist?

red states rule

May 30, 2006
No telling what the PC crowd will do next

I winder if they would have wanted this for a white guy who said he was anti-black?

Sonny street-name bid hits dead end

BY FRANK LOMBARDI
DAILY NEWS CITY HALL BUREAU

Thursday, May 31st 2007, 4:00 AM

The City Council voted along racial lines yesterday to deny an honorary street-name change for the late Sonny Carson, a black activist who once professed, "I am anti-white."

An amendment to add Carson's name to an omnibus street-naming bill was defeated by a vote of 25 to 15, with seven abstentions and four members absent.

As votes go in the usually lockstep Council, it was one of the narrowest in many years. And despite the Council's racial diversity, onlyone white Council member - Tony Avella (D-Queens) - voted with the losing pro-Carson side.

Similarly, only one nonwhite Council member, Sara Gonzales (D-Brooklyn), sided with thewinning anti-Carson side, led bySpeaker Christine Quinn (D-Manhattan).

The seven who abstained all belonged to the Council's 25-member Black, Latino and Asian Caucus. By abstaining, they strengthened Quinn's hand in the showdown vote. Quinn said she would fire any aide who pressured any member on their vote, and she made a no-retaliation vow against members who voted against her position.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/05/31/2007-05-31_sonny_streetname_bid_hits_dead_end.html

well this might touch a few nerves but if the white folks had just left the blacks alone we wouldn't be in a constant turmoil over rights and apologies over ancient history that none of us today had anything to do with. You know the live and let live theory, but I was merely fishing for a wish I guess....

well this might touch a few nerves but if the white folks had just left the blacks alone we wouldn't be in a constant turmoil over rights and apologies over ancient history that none of us today had anything to do with. You know the live and let live theory, but I was merely fishing for a wish I guess....

If that happened, the likes of Jesse Jackson, Rev Al, and Charles Barron would have nothing to bitch about

right, I call a spade a spade and this crap is really un-nerving, not only am I Irish but I'm also Indian and I could be blow hard about human rights, but I don't, I could use the affirmative action drill as well but I don't. Why? because I am going to make it own my own and I don't want any handouts of anyone feeling sorry for me.
So get over it already:eusa_boohoo:

right, I call a spade a spade and this crap is really un-nerving, not only am I Irish but I'm also Indian and I could be blow hard about human rights, but I don't, I could use the affirmative action drill as well but I don't. Why? because I am going to make it own my own and I don't want any handouts of anyone feeling sorry for me.
So get over it already:eusa_boohoo:

I agree

The purpose of this thread is to show the double standard of those who claim to be for equal rights and against racism

well this might touch a few nerves but if the white folks had just left the blacks alone we wouldn't be in a constant turmoil

Yes, but when does this turmoil end? The whites who took black slaves aren't alive anymore. Does racial guilt span generations? If so, that opens a lot of questions. Such as, how can a race be collectively guilty for something, if not all its members committed "the crime"? Isn't that the essence of what's denounced as "racism"?

Why are only whites subjected to this?

If that happened, the likes of Jesse Jackson, Rev Al, and Charles Barron would have nothing to bitch about

if that had happened, those guys would most likely not LIVE here...

and we would never have known the joys of inexpensive cotton.

if that had happened, those guys would most likely not LIVE here...

and we would never have known the joys of inexpensive cotton.

You are of course aware that Blacks sold blacks into slavery? That blacks held blacks as slaves? That Blacks waged war on other blacks IN ORDER to get slaves to sell?

That even after whites had ceased operating and condoning slavery Blacks continued to own other blacks as slaves and continued to wage war for slaves?

You also are aware that the Irish were little more than slaves even as late as the end of the 1700's? That whites have been slaves in the past? That slavery still exists today?

You are also aware that slavery ENDED completely in the United States in 1866? That was 141 years ago? No one alive today was a slave then, and I doubt there are even any children ( or very few) of slaves left. No one that OWNED a slave in the United States is alive either.

More Americans died ending slavery then in any other war the US has ever fought.

Exactly when are we no longer guilty of slavery? And since you seem to think it ok to hold us responsible for actions of people LONG dead, can we hold blacks and others responsible for actions of long dead people also?

I am all for Reparations, Pay any former US slave as much money as you think is right. I am NOT for paying anything to people that were NEVER slaves. If you want to pay people for being discriminated against and the butt of racism, fine, but you won't just be paying blacks, there are a HOST of people of all colors, INCLUDING white that were discriminated against and that had racism used against them.

You are of course aware that Blacks sold blacks into slavery? That blacks held blacks as slaves? That Blacks waged war on other blacks IN ORDER to get slaves to sell?

That even after whites had ceased operating and condoning slavery Blacks continued to own other blacks as slaves and continued to wage war for slaves?

You also are aware that the Irish were little more than slaves even as late as the end of the 1700's? That whites have been slaves in the past? That slavery still exists today?

You are also aware that slavery ENDED completely in the United States in 1866? That was 141 years ago? No one alive today was a slave then, and I doubt there are even any children ( or very few) of slaves left. No one that OWNED a slave in the United States is alive either.

More Americans died ending slavery then in any other war the US has ever fought.

Exactly when are we no longer guilty of slavery? And since you seem to think it ok to hold us responsible for actions of people LONG dead, can we hold blacks and others responsible for actions of long dead people also?

I am all for Reparations, Pay any former US slave as much money as you think is right. I am NOT for paying anything to people that were NEVER slaves. If you want to pay people for being discriminated against and the butt of racism, fine, but you won't just be paying blacks, there are a HOST of people of all colors, INCLUDING white that were discriminated against and that had racism used against them.

Without reparations, how will Jesse and Rev Al get more money from their gullible masses?

Yes, but when does this turmoil end? The whites who took black slaves aren't alive anymore. Does racial guilt span generations? If so, that opens a lot of questions. Such as, how can a race be collectively guilty for something, if not all its members committed "the crime"? Isn't that the essence of what's denounced as "racism"?

Why are only whites subjected to this?

I guess because in theory we control everything.....enough apologies

and if it wasn't just the white folks too! :idea: everyone who pays taxes or receives welfare, yeah that would go like a brick hitting water. But you know maybe it would finally end for a while.

If one parent is white and the other black - do you pay only half the tax?

New Topics

Forum List

Back