Name a bigger threat to the United States security than Qaddafi was

Ask yourself; what did Qaddafi do? Did he bomb discos where American servicemen were partying? Did he blow up a Pan Am 747? Was he a threat to American security?

Then ask yourself; what was the cost in American dead and wounded to capture or kill Qaddafi?

Does Qaddafi equal Saddam Hussein? In action, threat potential and American dead and wounded?

I'm glad he's gone. I'm also glad it did not require invasion, occupation, American losses and further war debt.

Sounds as if some foolish Conservatives (as if there were wise Conservatives) think that political cheap shots can erase the debt and memory of W's most excellent Iraqi Adventure.

The republican party sucks, just because your beloved party of choice sucks too doesn't mean everyone lives in your partisan fantasy world.
Aren't you busy trivializing Qaddafi just to make the NATO actions against his regime seem wasteful? How is that not partisan?

Ask yourself; what did Qaddafi do? Did he bomb discos where American servicemen were partying? Did he blow up a Pan Am 747? Was he a threat to American security?

Then ask yourself; what was the cost in American dead and wounded to capture or kill Qaddafi?

Does Qaddafi equal Saddam Hussein? In action, threat potential and American dead and wounded?

I'm glad he's gone. I'm also glad it did not require invasion, occupation, American losses and further war debt.

Sounds as if some foolish Conservatives (as if there were wise Conservatives) think that political cheap shots can erase the debt and memory of W's most excellent Iraqi Adventure.

The republican party sucks, just because your beloved party of choice sucks too doesn't mean everyone lives in your partisan fantasy world.
Aren't you busy trivializing Qaddafi just to make the NATO actions against his regime seem wasteful? How is that not partisan?

Trivializing? I'm simply asking people to name bigger threats to U.S. security. Like the color of your socks, or which shoe you put on first this morning.

I don't think the U.S. having heavy involvement in blowing up Libya and attacking another sovereign nation completely unprovoked isn't a big deal, it's a huge deal. It's another example of us warmongering and overstepping our bounds while doing our best to ignore diplomacy. A principle Obama did a good job pretending to take seriously on he campaign trail and you supporters ate it up.

It's not the least bit partisan, republicans aren't standing in his way, and if a republican were in power we'd be blowing up Libya just the same.

Any war a Democrat starts....Republicans will hate.

Any war a Republican statrts....Democrats will hate.

Not much independent thinking going on out there.

Just to finish your thought: Any war the fucking warmongering central planners from either party start, the Libertarians will hate. We don't start wars, we defend Liberty.

We didn't start, or participate in, a war in Libya. Reality vs hysteria. I vote for reality every time.

Eating raw cookie dough

Leaving the toilet seat up

Stepping on the line on your way onto the baseball field

Wearing white after Labor Day

Not double bagging your orange juice at the grocery store.

Any others?

The teletubbies. Sure, sesame street is libtard indoctrination for toddlers, but at least they ran around counting and saying there alphabet, but the teletubbies had them babbling and acting stupid.

Eating raw cookie dough

Any others?

Other than Congress?

Eating raw cookie dough

Any others?

Barack Hussein Obama and Eric Holder. I would add Joe Biden to the list, but I doubt that he knows who Qaddafi is.

Yea Ghaddafi was never a threat to anyone,let alone the U.S. He was very friendly with all of his African neighbors. Obviously it was all about the oil for the U.S. and Europe. This is the most blatant up front case of 'War for Oil' i've ever seen. That's why i'm so shocked at how the so-called 'Anti-War Left' has dealt with this issue. They have been either silent or were actually cheerleading for it. I guess it is always about politics in the end.

Eating raw cookie dough

Any others?

Barack Obama
Van Jones

Thread Question: "Name a bigger threat to the United States security than Qaddafi was?"

Thread Answer: George Walker Bush!

Just to finish your thought: Any war the fucking warmongering central planners from either party start, the Libertarians will hate. We don't start wars, we defend Liberty.
That's a guess.....We've never had a Libertarian president, nor have we had enough Libertarians in Washington to know if they'd start a war or not.

I'd like to think they wouldn't...but you have no proof.

We didn't start, or participate in, a war in Libya. Reality vs hysteria. I vote for reality every time.
I thought the US Navy fired all kinds of tomohawk missiles at Libyans, and did a bunch of air strikes on Libya?.........didn't they?.........or are you calling this particular kind of military engagement something else?.

Only semantics are involved in the difference...between people of one country killing people of another country with weapons...and war

Last edited:

I thought the US Navy fired all kinds of tomohawk missiles at Libyans, and did a bunch of air strikes on Libya?.........didn't they?

They're trying to shoot fireworks.

It's not a war, a simple constant issue of loading the wrong ammo into the wrong launching equipment. It's a happy time celebration with a few blunders.

No group of people have damaged and threatened the future of this country even close to the Republicans since WWII.

They've ruined the economy.

Transferred the nation's wealth to the top 1%.

They let Bin Laden go.

Thousands of Americans dead and tens of thousands injured for life to create a new "best friend" for Iran. AND enslave the women of Iraq while depleating our military.

The ruined the Justice Department.

Created a 10 trillion dollar deficit.

Divided America.

Their most recent evil is voter suppression, which threatens the very heart of what America is all about.

They've chased scientists out of government jobs.

Slashed education.

They applaud executions.

They see birth defects and lung cancer as a "necessary trade-off" for low paying jobs.

What they did after Katrina was criminal.

They are caught in lie after lie.

They demonize a different minority every other week.

What goup of people have even come close to this much damage to this country. Worse, they are blocking any recovery. They make all politicians look bad. When you point out what they have inflicted on this country, they call names, but at least, they don't really deny what they've done. How can they. It's all right there for everyone to see.

Our wide open border is much more of a threat to our nation than Ghaddafi ever could have been. This is a convenient distraction for Americans. Americans are very easily distracted and entertained. Americans will see no benefit to them personally because Ghaddafi is dead. In fact our new puppets over there could be a big problem for us down the road. I'm betting they will be.

Forum List

Back