Naked Ladies

So now I know the name for this plant. There is a house a few blocks away that has them sporadically. I never knew what they were. They just come up in that yard randomly. I planted some other bulb that I thought was them but ended up being totally different.
There are huge bulbs. They look like daffodils in the spring, the don't flower at that time, they completely die back by the end of July and a month or so later up comes this giant stalk that bursts into florets of these beautiful pink flowers. Scientific name is; lycoris squamigera, also known as Surprise Lilies or Resurrection Lily. All three names reflect they're strange blooming habit

There are huge bulbs. They look like daffodils in the spring, the don't flower at that time, they completely die back by the end of July and a month or so later up comes this giant stalk that bursts into florets of these beautiful pink flowers. Scientific name is; lycoris squamigera, also known as Surprise Lilies or Resurrection Lily. All three names reflect they're strange blooming habit

Will add them to my fall shopping list. I have a landscaping oddity I plan to fix. Cut down two maples when I bought the place out front and planted burning bushes to hide the stumps till they rotted away. Then planted a purple crabapple between them so now I have this weird straight line of purple shrubs. I have since decided that I am going to underplant all it it with a variety of bulbs to make it more like a bed I can just mow around instead of having to cut a bunch of circles around each of the purple things.

Will add them to my fall shopping list. I have a landscaping oddity I plan to fix. Cut down two maples when I bought the place out front and planted burning bushes to hide the stumps till they rotted away. Then planted a purple crabapple between them so now I have this weird straight line of purple shrubs. I have since decided that I am going to underplant all it it with a variety of bulbs to make it more like a bed I can just mow around instead of having to cut a bunch of circles around each of the purple things.
I planted some in front of my burning bushes, 3 years later they are bending out to get some sun from the edges of the burning bush. I didn't give them enough space but they multiplied so much I have to dig them up and replant them anyway so I guess it all worked out anyway.

Here in Florida it's

"NEKKED"
I plantage 12 around this porcupine grass about 5 years ago. I now estimate there to be about 350 bulbs in there now.

Attachments

• 00001IMG_00001_BURST20210815190551.jpg
    00001IMG_00001_BURST20210815190551.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 00001IMG_00001_BURST20210815190551.jpg
    00001IMG_00001_BURST20210815190551.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 62

Forum List

Back