Nagin Plays Race Card - Again

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Ray "Chocolate Town" Nagin sees another conspiracy theory because the rebuilding on New Olreans is taking to long

Perhaps he should look in the mirror for why New Orleans is still a mess

Nagin Suspects a Plot To Keep Blacks Away

By Hamil R. Harris
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, March 17, 2007; A07

New Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin has suggested that the slow recovery and rebuilding of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina -- which has prevented many black former residents from returning -- is part of a plan to change the racial makeup and political leadership of his and other cities.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what happened in New Orleans could happen anywhere," Nagin said at a dinner sponsored by the National Newspaper Publishers Association, a trade group for newspapers that target black readers. "They are studying this model of natural disasters, dispersing the community and changing the electoral process in that community."

Nagin's remarks Thursday night recalled the controversy stirred up by his prediction in a Martin Luther King Jr. Day speech in 2006 that, despite the evacuation of thousands of black people in the wake of Katrina, New Orleans would once again become a "chocolate city." The mayor later apologized for the comment, which had infuriated many whites and African Americans.

Nagin, who won reelection last May over Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu, referred obliquely to the "chocolate city" comment at the dinner and suggested that his assertion that New Orleans would once again be a majority-black city had made him a political target.

"Everybody in America started to wake up and say: 'Wait a minute. What is he doing? What is he saying? We have to make sure that this man doesn't go any further,' " Nagin told a room full of black newspaper publishers and editors at the Capital Hilton.

Referring to Landrieu, who is white, as "the golden boy," Nagin suggested his chance at reelection in the mayoral race had seemed slim because "they dispersed all of our people across 44 states with one-way tickets."

"They thought they were talking about a different kind of New Orleans," Nagin said. "They didn't realize that folks were awake, that they were paying attention."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/16/AR2007031601951_pf.html

Edited for comic effect.

White Mayor Suspects a Plot To Keep Whites Away

By Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, March 17, 2007; A07

A White Mayor has suggested that the slow recovery and rebuilding of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina -- which has prevented many white former residents from returning -- is part of a plan to change the racial makeup and political leadership of his and other cities.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what happened in New Orleans could happen anywhere," White Mayor said at a dinner sponsored by the National Newspaper Publishers Association, a trade group for newspapers that target white readers. "They are studying this model of natural disasters, dispersing the community and changing the electoral process in that community."

White Mayor's remarks Thursday night recalled the controversy stirred up by his prediction in a Lee-Jackson Day speech in 2006 that, despite the evacuation of thousands of white people in the wake of Katrina, New Orleans would once again become a "white city." The mayor later apologized for the comment, which had infuriated many whites and African Americans.

White Mayor, who won reelection last May over Black Politician, referred obliquely to the "white city" comment at the dinner and suggested that his assertion that New Orleans would once again be a majority-white city had made him a political target.

"Everybody in America started to wake up and say: 'Wait a minute. What is he doing? What is he saying? We have to make sure that this man doesn't go any further,' " White Mayor told a room full of white newspaper publishers and editors at the Capital Hilton.

Referring to Black Politician, as "the clean black," White Mayor suggested his chance at reelection in the mayoral race had seemed slim because "they dispersed all of our people across 44 states with one-way tickets."

"They thought they were talking about a different kind of New Orleans," White Mayor said. "They didn't realize that folks were awake, that they were paying attention."

"White power!" he screamed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/16/AR2007031601951_pf.html

I lack sympathy for The Katrina Victims.

I had a business trip to Houston last fall. One evening, some colleagues and I went to a pool hall to let off steam. While sitting at the bar, we chatted with some of the regulars, one of whom works at a tattoo parlor. He told us how the Katrina Victims were a windfall for his business. Apparently, quite a few Victims took their Government Checks and acquired tatoos to commemorate their experiences. Instead of spending their $10,000 per victim on things like rent and the necessities to set up a home and get a job, they blew their wads on FANCY TATOOS.

I am not sorry - I don't see this as a good use of my tax dollars.

I lack sympathy for The Katrina Victims.

I had a business trip to Houston last fall. One evening, some colleagues and I went to a pool hall to let off steam. While sitting at the bar, we chatted with some of the regulars, one of whom works at a tattoo parlor. He told us how the Katrina Victims were a windfall for his business. Apparently, quite a few Victims took their Government Checks and acquired tatoos to commemorate their experiences. Instead of spending their $10,000 per victim on things like rent and the necessities to set up a home and get a job, they blew their wads on FANCY TATOOS.

I am not sorry - I don't see this as a good use of my tax dollars.

Libs see it as vital government spending to help the oppressed minorities

Forum List

Back