N.Y. Times' Charles Blow said nothing about cop who arrested his son being black

John Marston

Oct 23, 2014
Mesquite
A Yale campus police officer who detained the son of black New York Times columnist Charles Blow is also black, according to a campus-wide email sent out by Yale officials.
On Saturday, Blow wrote on Twitter that he was “fuming” over a call he received from his son, a third-year student at Yale. He wrote that his son was “accosted” and held up at gunpoint by a Yale policeman because he fit the description of a suspect. Blow’s son, Tahj Blow, is an ecology and evolutionary biology major, according to the Yale Daily News.
In followup tweets related to the incident, Blow said, “This is exactly why I have no patience for people trying to convince me that the fear these young black men feel isn’t real.” He also tweeted the phrases “I can’t breathe” and “Black lives matter,” both of which are associated with two unarmed black men killed by white police officers in separate incidents in Missouri and New York.

N.Y. Times Charles Blow said nothing about cop who arrested his son being black WashingtonExaminer.com

Do blacks realize how many real racists they are creating with all their fake cries of racism? Just what exactly do they expect to happen when whites finally get tired of feeling guilty and all their sympathy toward blacks is all used up?

He should be angry at the black male who resembles his son for committing the burglary the cops responded to.

I mean...cops see a person who closely matches the description of a suspect...what should they ignore it? Or just say "Excuse me fine sir, did you commit the burglary? If not...keep walking and we wont stop you to investigate any further" (as suspect keeps walking) ...."Oh well...he didnt want to talk to us...must not be our guy."

So theres no racism because a black cop arrested a black man?

Theres no racism...period. A cop responded to a burglary. They saw a person closely matching the description of the suspect (size gender clothing...geographic area the crime occurred...oh yeah and skin color).

They stopped a guy. Looked like the suspect. They investigate and find its not him and move along the way.

And people raise hell claiming racism.

No racism. Sorry.

While I wait for Godboy to respond.

Bucs, what would be proof of racism? Is there anything that could happen that would be considered racist without a doubt?

Bucs, what would be proof of racism? Is there anything that could happen that would be considered racist without a doubt?

Sure. If a cop said "im going out tonight and arresting or killing me a black man no matter what." Thats racist.

Or a group or company saying they have too many whites in their organization and trying to replace some with....wait nevermind.

Sure. If a cop said "im going out tonight and arresting or killing me a black man no matter what." Thats racist.

Or a group or company saying they have too many whites in their organization and trying to replace some with....wait nevermind.

LOL....Thats a high bar to reach bro. Since no one verbalizes that type of racism I guess there's no racism *shrug*

Additionally, is targeting blacks racist? Because thats exactly what happened in NY from stop and frisk but I keep being told targeting blacks isnt racist

You think its racist to arrest black people?

You first...I'm trying to understand the OP
I see no evidence of racism. Do you? If so, present it now.

What is "evidence of racism"?
If you cant answer that question on your own, then you have no business discussing the topic.

If you cant answer that question on your own, then you have no business discussing the topic.

You said you didnt see any evidence of racism. I'm just asking what is "evidence of racism"?

Like, burning a cross? Wearing a white hood? Saying black people suck?

You said you didnt see any evidence of racism. I'm just asking what is "evidence of racism"?

Did you see any of those things? If not, then I guess there isn't a reason to claim there was racism.

Did you see any of those things? If not, then I guess there isn't a reason to claim there was racism.

No its a question: What is evidence of racism?

LOL....Thats a high bar to reach bro. Since no one verbalizes that type of racism I guess there's no racism *shrug*

Additionally, is targeting blacks racist? Because thats exactly what happened in NY from stop and frisk but I keep being told targeting blacks isnt racist
When the vast majority of the crime is perpetrated by blacks in a set neighborhood then "profiling" blacks is NOT racist.

No its a question: What is evidence of racism?
You first, you claim it was racism now tell us why.

Forum List

Back