N word and censorship PT I

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
I hate that word, that nefarious nattering nabob nefarious negative noun. Its the 8th word in Carlin's 7 deadly words you can't say, even He wouldn't go there , either. But Rappers and most human beings have said it, like Mike Furman...Why do we accept this double standard on race?

I hate that word, that nefarious nattering nabob nefarious negative noun. Its the 8th word in Carlin's 7 deadly words you can't say, even He wouldn't go there , either. But Rappers and most human beings have said it, like Mike Furman...Why do we accept this double standard on race?

They be reparations.

Whites are inferior. We have as a nation bought into the idea that whites are inferior and rightfully are second class citizens who are denied full rights such as freedom of speech.

They say that whites can't use the word but they never said the blacks can't, just that they shouldn't. You can use it all yous like, just not here at USMB..

• Banned
I read Sam Clemens, AKA Mark Twain and his stories derived for 1850's America. Nigg*r Jim was a protagonist and usage of the word N*gger... its used although out history, black rappers use it now concurrently. It offends me, but its the singularly most often word nobody needs to use example of hypocrisy and double think.

I read Sam Clemens, AKA Mark Twain and his stories derived for 1850's America. Nigg*r Jim was a protagonist and usage of the word N*gger... its used although out history, black rappers use it now concurrently. It offends me, but its the singularly most often word nobody needs to use example of hypocrisy and double think.
I don't listen to rap so it doesn't bother me.

• Banned
I have listened to black music from over the last hundred years. Jazz, rag or Blues. Soul. None of those ever use the N word, and they NEVER used that word...Ever. Why is it excusable now?

What is wrong with racism?

It's fucked up.
Any time somebody puts him/her self on a pedestal and declares to be better than "them", whoever "them" is, well they just bought a one-way ticket to the land of Fucked Up.

What is wrong with racism?
BINGO!!!!!!
4kifb2.jpg

Remind me, what is wrong with racism? Um burning down cities and targeting whites and censoring conservatives over false or exagerated claims of racism, that's OK?

Because history has been a double standard and it is this history that explains why the n-word is different when coming from a white person.

Why ?

Because white people have never used the N word in a friendly way as if it meant little more than “hey there dude, let’s go grab a burger and fries at the Mickey D’s.”
?

So for any white person to use it today is to force the black person to immediately wonder what’s behind the comment ? What the speaker’s intent really is ? In a way they don’t have to sweat as readily when spoken by another black person.

But look you have free speech.

But guess what ?

What you don't have is protection against how ppl respond to free speech.

Thats why there are slander and libel laws. I could open a coffee shop and put a Starbucks sign up. But I'd sued and shut down very quickly.

Banning those we disagree with, then calling it some kind of speech that is wrong and "....HATE" speech , in the sprit of diversity and freedom of speech,

They say that whites can't use the word but they never said the blacks can't, just that they shouldn't. You can use it all yous like, just not here at USMB..
Cuz dat's wayciss. derp

Because history has been a double standard and it is this history that explains why the n-word is different when coming from a white person.

Why ?

Because white people have never used the N word in a friendly way as if it meant little more than “hey there dude, let’s go grab a burger and fries at the Mickey D’s.”
How did you come to that stupid conclusion?

Remind me, what is wrong with racism? Um burning down cities and targeting whites and censoring conservatives over false or exagerated claims of racism, that's OK?
That doesn't happen and you're the one exaggerating. Why do whites like you have such a problem with this? I'm not complaining every other day about why I can't use the words, wop, dego, mick, limey, or pollack. I'm fine with not using them and I am fine with whites using them. Do you have some sort of need to be able to say that to someone black? Of course if you do so, you will have your own personal story about the elderly white woman who got beat up by blacks.

New Topics

Forum List

Back