Myths of Full moon and moon tides

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
This is a good topic
I will add more later

A full moon has zero effect on your brain as the tidal forces are way too weak .
What is a full moon ?
It only occurs when the earth is aligned parallel between the moon and sun . Earth being in middle . The earth has bulges on both sides and the water moves outward on the bulges .

What is most cool !!! The main tidal forces on a full moon are NOT even caused by the moon
It’s caused by the Sun lol

The tides your eyes sees are very deceiving.
You see the water come in and out .
That is not what is happening!!!
What is happening is mind blowing

The Earth is rotating around the bulges which gives you the illusion that the tides are coming in and out

Also the moons tidal forces are slowing down the rotation of earth which leads to leap seconds
. Finally a full moon is there with the sun all day from rise to set

The Moon is tidally locked to the other focus of her orbit, not the one the Earth is at ... the full Moon wobbles back and forth a little between succesive months ... thus we had almost 55% of the Moon mapped before we managed a space probe around to the far side ...

The Moon is tidally locked to the other focus of her orbit, not the one the Earth is at ... the full Moon wobbles back and forth a little between succesive months ... thus we had almost 55% of the Moon mapped before we managed a space probe around to the far side ...
Sun has its affects on the earths tides

the earth wobbles also

This is a good topic
I will add more later

A full moon has zero effect on your brain as the tidal forces are way too weak .
What is a full moon ?
It only occurs when the earth is aligned parallel between the moon and sun . Earth being in middle . The earth has bulges on both sides and the water moves outward on the bulges .

What is most cool !!! The main tidal forces on a full moon are NOT even caused by the moon

You are a fucking idiot!

The tidal forces of the Moon are much stronger than the Sun's because it is so much closer to our planet, causing a much greater variation in the gravitational force from one location to another. The Sun's gravitational force, on the other hand, varies much less because the Sun is so far away.

This is a good topic
I will add more later

What is a full moon ?

You are a fucking idiot!

The tidal forces of the Moon are much stronger than the Sun's because it is so much closer to our planet, causing a much greater variation in the gravitational force from one location to another. The Sun's gravitational force, on the other hand, varies much less because the Sun is so far away.

No moron that is incorrect when discussing a Full moon
For all other moon stages that is correct by 2/3

Rock Brains
You think I just post random stuff
Everything I post comes from world renown scientist

I tell you good insights and if you don’t like them off to iggy
My sources are top guys

Forum List

Back