Myths, Lies and Downright Stupidity

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity
By John Stossel

Many on this board would enjoy reading John Stossel’s latest book, if they haven’t already done so. Based on his own experiences working as a consumer reporter, Stossel debunks much of what we have been led to believe on a wide range of topics: the clueless media, big business, politics, education, sexism, the lawyers’ racket, global warming, health care, the occult, etc. He admits that he easily subscribed to the conventional wisdom until he got into the reporting business and had to deal with facts. “That Nazi over at ABC”--as his detractors refer to him--has come up with another entertaining and educational tome, written as usual in his familiar “Give me a break” style.

To me the chapters on education and the lawyers alone were worth the price of the book, but the entire book is a good read.

Myself.....I've always like John Stossel....

He's tells it like it is...

And that time that pro wrestler hit him.....greeeerrrrrr...

And if John Stossel says it, it must be true, huh? He has nothing but our best interests at heart. :food1:

I don't think I've ever seen media get it just right anyway.... nothing new.

And if John Stossel says it, it must be true, huh? He has nothing but our best interests at heart. :food1:

Is being an ass and end unto itself for you? You assume that because we like the book, we believe every word out of his mouth. Stossel cites every source and encourages people to think for themselves. It's a quality read.

Is being an ass and end unto itself for you? You assume that because we like the book, we believe every word out of his mouth. Stossel cites every source and encourages people to think for themselves. It's a quality read.

When it comes to Bush and Iraq, you can toss Jillian into same stall that Bully hangs out in.

When it comes to Bush and Iraq, you can toss Jillian into same stall that Bully hangs out in.

Bully seems to be pretty good company. But I'd remind you that it's 2/3 of this country and most of the rest of the world that hangs in the same "stall".

You're in a distinct minority, luckily. Restores my faith in people.

Since when do sources matter to you guys? And tough, if you don't like discussion, don't hang out on messageboards. Believe it or not this isn't only a right-wing love-fest.

Bully seems to be pretty good company. But I'd remind you that it's 2/3 of this country and most of the rest of the world that hangs in the same "stall".

You're in a distinct minority, luckily. Restores my faith in people.

Glad to see you realize the size of the herd of sheep you run with.

Considering that most of the MSM disavows him, including ABC, though they keep him for the ratings, we'll have to assume you agree with his pov? :laugh:

Considering that most of the MSM disavows him, including ABC, though they keep him for the ratings, we'll have to assume you agree with his pov? :laugh:

I'm not following you there, Kath. But just to clarify, I don't agree with anyone's pov, per se. And the MSM, thingy... I still thing if you ignore the mainstream, you end up with the nutters.

Forum List

Back