Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative ... Then Positive

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but for those who do get tested, is one test all that is done? To me, three should be done should the second one have different results compared to the first one. To me, if there is a chance that the first one can be wrong, don't hesitate where a second opinion is concerned because when a person's health may be at stake, there is most definitely no such thing as being too thorough.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but for those who do get tested, is one test all that is done? To me, three should be done should the second one have different results compared to the first one. To me, if there is a chance that the first one can be wrong, don't hesitate where a second opinion is concerned because when a person's health may be at stake, there is most definitely no such thing as being too thorough.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If you enjoy the test get it done often!
I know of a gay guy who gets a daily colonoscopy!

• Disagree
Reactions: xyz
^^^ Apparently not everyone knows how to take care of themselves without being a hypochondriac. How often should a test like that be done?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

This is not good. So much for eventual herd immunity.

A spate of mysterious second-time infections is calling into question the accuracy of COVID-19 diagnostic tools even as China prepares to lift quarantine measures to allow residents to leave the epicenter of its outbreak next month. It's also raising concerns of a possible second wave of cases.

From March 18-22, the Chinese city of Wuhan reported no new cases of the virus through domestic transmission — that is, infection passed on from one person to another. The achievement was seen as a turning point in efforts to contain the virus, which has infected more than 80,000 people in China. Wuhan was particularly hard-hit, with more than half of all confirmed cases in the country.

But some Wuhan residents who had tested positive earlier and then recovered from the disease are testing positive for the virus a second time. Based on data from several quarantine facilities in the city, which house patients for further observation after their discharge from hospitals, about 5%-10% of patients pronounced "recovered" have tested positive again.
I read an article a while ago, it said you can get it twice, but only had one example of it happening.

Apparently there were two strains of the virus. I'm not sure a simple test can determine which strain you had, or maybe you don't get much resistance after you get it.

Forum List

Back