My white privilege

No, we didn't cancel them; we didn't take them away from public view. We decided not to patronize them any longer. We acted as individuals, not as a cabal like the commies so often do.

That's pretty much what you did... you protested their businesses until they were fired... just like the left is doing now.

You talk about how the Germans are liberal, but don't even know so was Dr. Seuss. He was a liberal before liberals were even around. His books promoted inclusiveness, and now the commies are trying to make it out just the opposite, that he was racist.

Actually, Geisel is a bit more complicated than the liberal/conservative paradigm. yes, some of his books were quite right on environmentalism, inclusiveness, tolerance, trying new things, understanding the true meaning of Christmas. Those books aren't going anywhere. The books that were questionable are the ones that included racial imagery that was probably acceptable in the 1930's, but not so much today.

The ones that are being withdrawn are his earlier works... which were a different time, but they don't really have a place with their racist imagery today.

It should be pointed out that the same time he was writing these books, he was also drawing racist political cartoons about the Japanese and racist advertisements for bug spray, because a man has to eat.

Remember that in earlier days, people were proud of what and who they are. Thanks to liberalism, you made them all embarrassed of who they are. You turned them into snowflakes who are offended by the stupidest little thing.

Okay, you oddly use the example of the Frito Bandito, but he was pulled back in the 1970's. So this isn't anything really new.

For crying out loud, they contacted the US about getting a green card or working on permanent residency, got a thousand bucks or so for a plane ticket, and because they did that, they came here with resources to start their own business?

Actually, immigrating to the US costs up to $11,300, which is quite a lot in third world countries.

It also takes years to do.

Sneaking under a fence is still free, though.

Unlike my HUD neighbors, I created the roof over my head--not taxpayers. Unlike my HUD neighbors, I buy my own food with the profits from my investments. Unlike my HUD neighbors, I never had kids I couldn't afford. Unlike my HUD neighbors, I worked 40 hours a week or more a week all of my life, invested my money, and made sure that when I retired, I would live comfortably. Unlike my HUD neighbors, I drive a car with less than 25,000 miles on it. Unlike my HUD neighbors, I paid into the federal income tax system, and no, payroll taxes are not actually income taxes.

Uh, guy, you live in a slum and collect welfare... All that scheming and plotting, and frankly, you still end up being alone and kind of miserable.

So I took advantage of being an American. You didn't take the advantage of seeking professional psychological help for your severe OCD problems. Everybody on USMB sees you're an ass, as you are so obsessed with race, wealthy people, and our police. We know you desperately need help--you don't.

Naw, man, mocking you for your hypocrisy is hardly OCD.

the ironic thing is, you are now living off the generosity of people you hate.

That's pretty much what you did... you protested their businesses until they were fired... just like the left is doing now.

So who's fired? Kaepernick is doing much better than he would have as a failed football payer who's name wouldn't even be known by anybody today, and is already a milti-millionaire and on his way to being a billionaire. Fonda did pretty good for being a traitor. She's another wealthy anti-American. Dixi Chicks? They are doing just fine. They opened up their yap and that only lasted about a year.

Okay, you oddly use the example of the Frito Bandito, but he was pulled back in the 1970's. So this isn't anything really new.

Back in the 70's, you mean when liberalism started? What about Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben? That was last year just to name a few:

Actually, immigrating to the US costs up to $11,300, which is quite a lot in third world countries.

It also takes years to do.

Sneaking under a fence is still free, though.

Again posting bullshit you never read yourself. All you see is the title and post it. What your article talks about is the entire process to becoming an American, not a simple Visa application and the trip over here.
Uh, guy, you live in a slum and collect welfare... All that scheming and plotting, and frankly, you still end up being alone and kind of miserable.

Me, miserable? Hardly. I've never done better. Now that I'm retired I spend much time on the property doing things I always wanted to do, but never had time for. I go to bed when I want, wake up when I want, make breakfast everyday with the exception of the rare times I go to McDonald's for breakfast, go grocery shopping taking my mother with me in the middle of the day. While working, I had to go on weekends or after work when the stores were much more crowded. When this virus is over, I may take a vacation; something I haven't done in over 30 years.

I'm staying here because this is where my investment is. Once all or most of my good tenants move out, I may look for a better place to live, but I live here as a choice, not because I have to due to bad planning. I also have family issues to take care of when they need me.

So if I live to 100 years old, I will never be as miserable as you. If I do become miserable, I will be aware of and do something about it unlike you.

I know you more than you think. That's because years ago I had a best friend nearly exactly like you. His mental problem was not obsession, his was paranoia. He hit the lottery while we were still friends. He never had to work a day in his life. He bought a beautiful large home with no payments of course, a vet and several other cars, a Harley. From the outside, he was living every Americans dream. On the inside, the man was being tortured 24/7.

He ended our friendship along with every friend he had 25 years ago, and I don't know what ever happened to him, but if he didn't take my advice and seek help, he lived his life in pure misery and pain in spite of his good financial fortunes.

Naw, man, mocking you for your hypocrisy is hardly OCD.

the ironic thing is, you are now living off the generosity of people you hate.

Nope. I'm living off of all the money I put into this program. Disability is funded through FISA payroll taxes. HUD, food stamps, paid daycare, all federal programs are funded by those who pay federal income tax which is only slightly more than half of the people in our country. People who end up on those programs never pay a dollar into the income tax system in their life. Much different than those of us who did pay into the system we now live off of. It's just like SS or Medicare.

If you object to this system, why do you vote Democrat? Talk about voting against your own self interests.

And what exactly are my failures as you see them

I don't know you personally so I don't know what they are or if you have them. Since you were talking about black people in general, that's what I was responding to. "You" is a typical way of saying if you were one of them.

And what exactly are my failures as you see them

I don't know you personally so I don't know what they are or if you have them. Since you were talking about black people in general, that's what I was responding to. "You" is a typical way of saying if you were one of them.
Well that's just it, you are aware that I'm a black female and just presumed that I have this series of failures in my life? Or that all or most black people have all these failures that only happen to them because they're black?

You never said "if" you just assumed.

Well that's just it, you are aware that I'm a black female and just presumed that I have this series of failures in my life? Or that all or most black people have all these failures that only happen to them because they're black?

You never said "if" you just assumed.

You revealed that you are black, but I didn't know you were female. I didn't assume anything. We were talking about the plight of your race in general, not you personally.

So who's fired? Kaepernick is doing much better than he would have as a failed football payer who's name wouldn't even be known by anybody today, and is already a milti-millionaire and on his way to being a billionaire. Fonda did pretty good for being a traitor. She's another wealthy anti-American. Dixi Chicks? They are doing just fine. They opened up their yap and that only lasted about a year.

Actually, their careers were never the same...

Fonda didn't do well. He career was pretty much over by the 1980's, the same time all the rednecks started flying POW flags and watching Rambo movies.

Me, miserable? Hardly. I've never done better. Now that I'm retired I spend much time on the property doing things I always wanted to do, but never had time for. I go to bed when I want, wake up when I want, make breakfast everyday with the exception of the rare times I go to McDonald's for breakfast, go grocery shopping taking my mother with me in the middle of the day. While working, I had to go on weekends or after work when the stores were much more crowded. When this virus is over, I may take a vacation; something I haven't done in over 30 years.

Funny, your HUD Neighbors could say the same thing...

I guess it's great to be free on someone else's dime, Welfare Ray.

Nope. I'm living off of all the money I put into this program. Disability is funded through FISA payroll taxes. HUD, food stamps, paid daycare, all federal programs are funded by those who pay federal income tax which is only slightly more than half of the people in our country. People who end up on those programs never pay a dollar into the income tax system in their life. Much different than those of us who did pay into the system we now live off of. It's just like SS or Medicare.

Actually, most people on assistance are only on it for a few years.

many people on assistance have jobs and pay taxes. So your analogy is false.

They're on welfare, you're on welfare. You all paid into it, you are all getting something out of it.

Actually, their careers were never the same...

Fonda didn't do well. He career was pretty much over by the 1980's, the same time all the rednecks started flying POW flags and watching Rambo movies.

She wasn't living in a trailer park or standing at the end of highway ramps begging for food. She had a career, a very successful father, and that's why she was so spoiled. She never had a real job in her entire life.

Funny, your HUD Neighbors could say the same thing...

I guess it's great to be free on someone else's dime, Welfare Ray.

Nope, living off the dimes I contributed my entire life. I worked for it, I deserve it, especially since it was government that forced me on it.

Actually, most people on assistance are only on it for a few years.

many people on assistance have jobs and pay taxes. So your analogy is false.

They're on welfare, you're on welfare. You all paid into it, you are all getting something out of it.

Your ignorance is amazing. They pay payroll taxes, not income taxes. Payroll taxes consist of things like Medicare, Social Security, city and state taxes, FICA. None of those taxes fund our welfare programs. Medicaid is paid by people who pay income tax. HUD is funded by people who pay income tax. Food stamps are paid for by people why pay income taxes. Not one dime of your payroll taxes fund any of those welfare items.

She wasn't living in a trailer park or standing at the end of highway ramps begging for food. She had a career, a very successful father, and that's why she was so spoiled. She never had a real job in her entire life.

Uh, guy ,being an actor is harder than driving a truck in a straight line.

Nope, living off the dimes I contributed my entire life. I worked for it, I deserve it, especially since it was government that forced me on it.

Yup. Because clearly, actually doing something else for a living...why that would be unthinkable.

Your ignorance is amazing. They pay payroll taxes, not income taxes.

Distinction without a difference Taxes are taxes. You are living off of someone else's dime now.

Uh, guy ,being an actor is harder than driving a truck in a straight line.

What's hard about it? Trucks don't drive in a straight line. If that's all we did, you'd never have the pleasure of enjoying the products you buy at the store every time you go shopping. Trust me, driving is a lot harder than doing something anybody with access to Youtube can do.

Yup. Because clearly, actually doing something else for a living...why that would be unthinkable.

It is, although nothing will be ruled out after we get past this virus. I worked all my life, at times two or three jobs. Now it's time to retire and enjoy what I worked for.

Distinction without a difference Taxes are taxes. You are living off of someone else's dime now.

Taxes are not taxes because taxes go to fund different things. What you said is as stupid as saying when I retire from being a landlord and start using my IRA account, I'm living off of other investors. Or just as stupid as saying I'm living off my tenants because I provide them with a place to live in exchange for money. Or just as stupid as saying a retired person at 67 is living off of taxpayers even though they paid into SS their entire lives.

When you do fund something with a promise of a return, you'd be stupid not to accept only that part of the agreement.

What's hard about it? Trucks don't drive in a straight line. If that's all we did, you'd never have the pleasure of enjoying the products you buy at the store every time you go shopping. Trust me, driving is a lot harder than doing something anybody with access to Youtube can do.

Um. Yeah. I drove a truck in the Army... It's not that hard. Probably the least challenging part of my job.

Now, properly filling out DA Form 4697... that was a pain in the ass.

Taxes are not taxes because taxes go to fund different things. What you said is as stupid as saying when I retire from being a landlord and start using my IRA account, I'm living off of other investors. Or just as stupid as saying I'm living off my tenants because I provide them with a place to live in exchange for money. Or just as stupid as saying a retired person at 67 is living off of taxpayers even though they paid into SS their entire lives.

The problem is you are living off the Delusion that there's an account marked "Ray" in Washington where that money went.

Nope.

That money went to pay other retirees, or the government converted it into bonds to buy roads and bombs.

Your check is coming from other people who are working.

If you keeled over the day before you retired, you get nothing. If you live to be 80, you get far more than you ever paid in.

you are on welfare. Deal with it.

The problem is you are living off the Delusion that there's an account marked "Ray" in Washington where that money went.

Nope.

That money went to pay other retirees, or the government converted it into bonds to buy roads and bombs.

Your check is coming from other people who are working.

If you keeled over the day before you retired, you get nothing. If you live to be 80, you get far more than you ever paid in.

you are on welfare. Deal with it.

You're the one that has to deal with it (as you do a lot of things in your life I'm sure) but I don't have to deal with anything. Just because you're too stupid to understand what words mean is your problem--not mine. Even if I am collection money from other people, then that means all I contributed while working went to paying others. I'm sure if I had a major house fire, the cost to rebuild it didn't come from an envelope that contained all my premium money in it. That's how it works. Either way, I deserve it.

You're the one that has to deal with it (as you do a lot of things in your life I'm sure) but I don't have to deal with anything. Just because you're too stupid to understand what words mean is your problem--not mine. Even if I am collection money from other people, then that means all I contributed while working went to paying others. I'm sure if I had a major house fire, the cost to rebuild it didn't come from an envelope that contained all my premium money in it. That's how it works. Either way, I deserve it.

Okay, so let's look at that bad analogy. If you had a major house fire because you set the fire, you wouldn't deserve it... that's the point.

Again, the reason why you should care about politics is to create the kind of world you'd want to live in. the world you want to live in, no government would have been there to protect you to start with.

Even though you and your grandmother are poor? Do you live in a fairly safe neighborhood?
Your neighborhood is what you make of it. Just because you are poor does not mean you have to live like a pig. And many ghettos are pigstys. Which attracts other pigs. Then the neighborhood falls apart because it stinks, its dirty, its ugly and pigs will root and snuff around any place not theirs to steal whatever they can, then make another pile of piggy stuff.
Historically the poor have been the PROUDEST of any social group; high moral, ethical and clean of habits. NEVER get the scum of the earth mixed up with the "poor".

Greg

Last edited:

Okay, so let's look at that bad analogy. If you had a major house fire because you set the fire, you wouldn't deserve it... that's the point.

Again, the reason why you should care about politics is to create the kind of world you'd want to live in. the world you want to live in, no government would have been there to protect you to start with.
It is only liberal filth who consider the poor to be "dirty"; damn your condescending stupidity!!!

the homeless are poor. Otherwise they would not be homeless if they had jobs and money. Yes, many DO work and try to better themselves. Most don't.

Poor can mean many things. Ever driven thru a poor neighborhood? Unused cars, non working washing machines, ratty old couches, overgrown lawn, torn screens on windows, trash all over the place. Too damn lazy to go pick up that trash?

Then again, I have been in middle class neighborhoods that look the same. Not poor...just trashy.

the homeless are poor. Otherwise they would not be homeless if they had jobs and money. Yes, many DO work and try to better themselves. Most don't.

Poor can mean many things. Ever driven thru a poor neighborhood? Unused cars, non working washing machines, ratty old couches, overgrown lawn, torn screens on windows, trash all over the place. Too damn lazy to go pick up that trash?

Then again, I have been in middle class neighborhoods that look the same. Not poor...just trashy.

Many years ago I took a job doing home delivery. While in training, we went to the absolute ghettos in Cleveland. Early in the morning, we delivered to an apartment above a closed down business. It was my first day on the job. The apartment had food splattered all over the wall, worn dirty laundry strewn throughout the apartment, a welfare mom with four kids with filthy dishes all over the table and sink. As a very young person, I never seen anything like that in my life.

When we returned to the van, it was kind of quiet for a few seconds. Not knowing much about my trainer, I tried to show a little compassion to demonstrate I was going to be a considerate employee. I turned to him and said "I really feel bad for people that have to live like that." He looked at me and said "Keeping your legs closed is not that difficult, and a bar of soap is only 28 cents." We got along great after that first day, and became personal friends as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back