My white privilege

Lying to try and make a point doesn't work here. You may be able to get away with that among the less informed or politically ignorant at the bowling alley, at the bar, but you can't do that here because we all know what Trump actually said. Repeating Democrat lies just weakens your stance on anything.
You just called me a liar, and then deployed an angry generalization slurring people who like to bowl.

Obviously, you had no answer for the examples of racism and divisiveness I shared with you. And before you come back with "well you didn't address mine", let's remember that it is you, not me, who has assumed the ridiculous position that racism rest almost entirely on one side of the aisle.

I gave you examples of racist attitudes on the right and you respond with personal insult.

Go figure.

a vote for a conservative like Trump or DeSantis is an investment in the property value of one's whiteness. that's why white people vote in droves for conservatives, my friends

You just called me a liar, and then deployed an angry generalization slurring people who like to bowl.

Obviously, you had no answer for the examples of racism and divisiveness I shared with you. And before you come back with "well you didn't address mine", let's remember that it is you, not me, who has assumed the ridiculous position that racism rest almost entirely on one side of the aisle.

I gave you examples of racist attitudes on the right and you respond with personal insult.

That's exactly what you did, lie. Trump never said that Mexicans were rapists and murderers. Every country has murderers and rapists. What Trump said is that Mexico is sending us theirs. He concluded by also saying "there are some good people in that group as well." The supposed shithole comment has no evidence. It was an anonymous source that made the claim. Trump never said Nazis were fine people. The video is out there, and I want to see Trump use those exact words liar. What he said is there were some good people in that group, referring to the people that staged the protests until the Nazis arrived. They got a city permit to demonstrate and protest which they did peacefully until the trouble makers showed up.

Like I said, you can pull that stunt off with people less informed, but here, we are all very well versed in politics left and right. Lies are so easy to disprove. And no, I'm not going to play your game of posting more lies that I have to prove as lies. Either one of two things here: you are either a liar, or are repeating left-wing MSM lies. Now which is it?

They didn't force him to be searched. They "asked" if they could search his car, he refused, and they took it no further. No violation of any rights. They never forced him to talk to the officers either. They asked him some questions. No violation of any rights.

No, they kept asking him and asking him, and when he refused, they tried to TASER him, and then the Taser didn't work. He's lucky he didn't get shot.

Here's a concept. Unless you see him ACTUALLY COMMITTING A CRIME, leave him the fuck alone.

You know. Like you would with WHITE PEOPLE.

Blue states are going to hell. You don't see people from Florida moving to New York. You don't see people moving from Texas to California. it's quite the opposite for businesses and residents alike. So obviously the blue states are going to hell.

Uh, you live in Ohio, a Red State that has been going to Hell for a long time.

She had to temporarily come back during a forest fire last year because CA enviro-nuts won't allow the state to clean up all the dead wood. I think that must have been the last straw.

Yes, it was the environuts, not Trump cutting billions from the forest service.

No, they kept asking him and asking him, and when he refused, they tried to TASER him, and then the Taser didn't work. He's lucky he didn't get shot.

Here's a concept. Unless you see him ACTUALLY COMMITTING A CRIME, leave him the fuck alone.

You know. Like you would with WHITE PEOPLE.

No, he almost got tasered because he put his hands in his pocket, something the officer told him not to do before.

Uh, you live in Ohio, a Red State that has been going to Hell for a long time.

No, we are not a red state, we are a purple state, and people are not leaving in droves.

Yes, it was the environuts, not Trump cutting billions from the forest service.

Trump didn't cut billions from anything, the the CA wildfires have been going on long before Trump even thought of running. Fail!

A lot of the whites who deny the existence of white privilege based on being poor are only looking at one side of the situation - the side that grants advantages and rights not granted to others, while completely overlooking the immunities portion. Think of all of the things you don't/didn't have to worry about that black people did because it's never been legal for whites to be held in captivity, to be sold, raped, brutalized or have lesser rights than other Americans.

And yet that hasn't happened in generations and nobody alive today has ever been a slave, held in captivity, or subject to legal rape. Saying I deserve special privilege because of my race due to what other people been through of my race that I've never known or met is looking for handouts because of their own mistakes or failures in life. Because let's be honest here, special privileges is what we're really talking about since equality is something that's been part of our society for a very long time.

As long as Democrats can keep blacks as a separate deprived group, they can maintain power in this country.
When things devolve to Democrats versus Republicans then there is no point in attempting a discussion.

Aside from that though the United States has existed for 247 years, all of which except for the last 57 years have been under a system of legal white supremacy. Legal racial discrimination and second class citizenry has only been no longer legal for less than 25% of the country's existence yet you all ALWAYS want to forget the first 190 years and focus instead on the last 57, as if that 23% of saying it's not right or legal to discriminate against others based on their race somehow wipes out or makes up for the damage of the first 77% where is was not only okay to treat black people like crap, the people who did so were protected by the law.

While you are very dismissive of from whence we came, I have plenty of family members who lived most or all of their lives under the American version of apartheid.

When things devolve to Democrats versus Republicans then there is no point in attempting a discussion.

Aside from that though the United States has existed for 247 years, all of which except for the last 57 years have been under a system of legal white supremacy. Legal racial discrimination and second class citizenry has only been no longer legal for less than 25% of the country's existence yet you all ALWAYS want to forget the first 190 years and focus instead on the last 57, as if that 23% of saying it's not right or legal to discriminate against others based on their race somehow wipes out or makes up for the damage of the first 77% where is was not only okay to treat black people like crap, the people who did so were protected by the law.

While you are very dismissive of from whence we came, I have plenty of family members who lived most or all of their lives under the American version of apartheid.

I can't change the past. You can't change the past. The government can't change the past.

I never said ignore the past or pretend it didn't happen. What I am saying is that the past has nothing to do with people today, how they conduct themselves, or how they eventually end up in life. It's not us on the right ripping down statues and trying to erase history. It's the left that's trying to destroy or make us forget our history.

My father could tell you stories when he was growing up that would make you cry. He and his several siblings grew up in a worse environment than any black in our country today. But that was his life--not mine. What I did in life or how I turned out has nothing to do with the hardships he faced much of his younger life.

You can't move forward if you're going to allow the past to conduct your future.

I can't change the past. You can't change the past. The government can't change the past.

I never said ignore the past or pretend it didn't happen. What I am saying is that the past has nothing to do with people today, how they conduct themselves, or how they eventually end up in life. It's not us on the right ripping down statues and trying to erase history. It's the left that's trying to destroy or make us forget our history.

By your bizarre logic, we'll all forget Hitler because they tore down all the statues of him. No one is going to remember who he is, because- no statues.

My father could tell you stories when he was growing up that would make you cry. He and his several siblings grew up in a worse environment than any black in our country today. But that was his life--not mine. What I did in life or how I turned out has nothing to do with the hardships he faced much of his younger life.

Oh, please. Nobody whipped him. Nobody lynched him. Nobody made him work under gruelling conditions for no compensation. There wasn't a whole bunch of laws intended to keep him down.

By your bizarre logic, we'll all forget Hitler because they tore down all the statues of him. No one is going to remember who he is, because- no statues.

Big difference. The Germans are no longer commies. The commies here are going after Dr. Seuss now. Amazon removed Clearance Thomas's book from their list. They tried to get rid of Parler, and were successful for several weeks. The commies here are all about silencing and removing anything they don't like.

Oh, please. Nobody whipped him. Nobody lynched him. Nobody made him work under gruelling conditions for no compensation. There wasn't a whole bunch of laws intended to keep him down.

So what black person alive today had parents that went through that?

The reality is that people come here from other countries that are really poor, and laugh at what we consider poverty, particularly people from the middle-east. They come here with a couple of bucks in their pockets, work night and day 7 days a week, save up and eventually open up their own business and some living the American dream.

The beverage store I frequent is owned by a couple from India. That's how they did it, and was very successful. He took the profits from the beverage store and bought rental property. They still saved and bought a hotel about 30 miles outside of Cleveland. She quit the beverage store to run the hotel, and he works at the store and goes out there to help her when she gets backed up on work. He told me his legs and feet hurt so bad from spending most of his day on them, but he still keeps going seven days a week in spite of how well he's done financially.

Just about every American has the same opportunities if not more since they were born here and had a head start. They just don't want to do it. They don't want to take the financial risks, they don't want to learn anything. They just get a job, smoke pot and live in their parents basement until their mid 30's, and then complain how their low wage job is responsible for their plight.

The reality is that people come here from other countries that are really poor, and laugh at what we consider poverty, particularly people from the middle-east. They come here with a couple of bucks in their pockets, work night and day 7 days a week, save up and eventually open up their own business and some living the American dream.

The beverage store I frequent is owned by a couple from India. That's how they did it, and was very successful. He took the profits from the beverage store and bought rental property. They still saved and bought a hotel about 30 miles outside of Cleveland. She quit the beverage store to run the hotel, and he works at the store and goes out there to help her when she gets backed up on work. He told me his legs and feet hurt so bad from spending most of his day on them, but he still keeps going seven days a week in spite of how well he's done financially.

Just about every American has the same opportunities if not more since they were born here and had a head start. They just don't want to do it. They don't want to take the financial risks, they don't want to learn anything. They just get a job, smoke pot and live in their parents basement until their mid 30's, and then complain how their low wage job is responsible for their plight.
Why do you all assume that the reason any black person who speaks out against injustices perpetrated against any of us, past or present, is because we haven't done anything with our lives? Our government gives grant money to immigrants to help them establish a business so it's not that they all start out with absolutely nothing and then pull themselves up by their bootstraps as we are so often told to do.

My mom's father was a Tuskegee Airman who died at the end of WWII in a plane crash along with approximately 10 other high ranking & decorated officers when the air traffic controllers refused to vector them around a thunderstorm or route them to an alternative airport in order to avoid the storm. As a result they were caught in the storm and their plane crashed on final approach to the airfield. The question has come up from time to time whether or not the racial segregationist policies in place at the time may have played a part in what happened to them because I can't think of any plausible reason to refuse an aircraft a request to keep the plane and crew from flying into a very dangerous situation, actually deadly as it turns out.

My mom is still alive, and was not even in her teens when she lost her dad in this manner. We have family members on both sides whom have shared their experiences with being treated unfairly, with animosity, being called the N word, and other experiences which these days are prohibited by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. However so many seem to be blind to the fact that just because the laws changes doesn't mean people's attitudes or opinions changed with them. People violate our laws every day, those prohibiting racial discrimination, hate crimes, etc. are not excluded.

We complain about acts that are inherently unjust, both originally and today. And we will continue to draw attention to the injustices because being successful doesn't mean that one is shielded from the injustices that continue. Not all of the harm is physical, a significant portion is financial. It's been in the news this past week how black people are charged up to 30% more for insurance premiums that whites. The injustice never ends.

Why do you all assume that the reason any black person who speaks out against injustices perpetrated against any of us, past or present, is because we haven't done anything with our lives? Our government gives grant money to immigrants to help them establish a business so it's not that they all start out with absolutely nothing and then pull themselves up by their bootstraps as we are so often told to do.

My mom's father was a Tuskegee Airman who died at the end of WWII in a plane crash along with approximately 10 other high ranking & decorated officers when the air traffic controllers refused to vector them around a thunderstorm or route them to an alternative airport in order to avoid the storm. As a result they were caught in the storm and their plane crashed on final approach to the airfield. The question has come up from time to time whether or not the racial segregationist policies in place at the time may have played a part in what happened to them because I can't think of any plausible reason to refuse an aircraft a request to keep the plane and crew from flying into a very dangerous situation, actually deadly as it turns out.

My mom is still alive, and was not even in her teens when she lost her dad in this manner. We have family members on both sides whom have shared their experiences with being treated unfairly, with animosity, being called the N word, and other experiences which these days are prohibited by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. However so many seem to be blind to the fact that just because the laws changes doesn't mean people's attitudes or opinions changed with them. People violate our laws every day, those prohibiting racial discrimination, hate crimes, etc. are not excluded.

We complain about acts that are inherently unjust, both originally and today. And we will continue to draw attention to the injustices because being successful doesn't mean that one is shielded from the injustices that continue. Not all of the harm is physical, a significant portion is financial. It's been in the news this past week how black people are charged up to 30% more for insurance premiums that whites. The injustice never ends.

That's because you are brainwashed that it's all because of their skin color; so to address your last point first:

Insurance companies base their rates on claims made in certain areas. A black person living in a predominately white neighborhood will not be charged higher premiums than any other of his neighbors. Just like a white living in a predominately black area will not be charged less because he or she is white. Blacks are by far much worse drivers than whites; trust me, I'm a retired tractor-trailer driver so I know this for a fact, and I live in a black suburb. They have more house fires, burglaries, and apartment burglaries than in white areas. Of course the insurance company is going to charge people in black areas much more than white areas. It's not because of race, it's because of statistics. No insurance company can stay in business at a loss. They have to reclaim their multiple losses somehow.

Now what acts are you talking about being unjust? If you're referring to police, it's a completely bogus claim. Police will use deadly force to stop a white attacker as they will a black. But since your mind is controlled by the MSM, they only air white cops shooting or killing black suspects giving you the impression that it only happens to blacks, when in fact, it happens to just as many whites. As a licensed armed citizen of my state, I can tell you without a doubt there is no law that says the only time you can use deadly force is when you are attacked with a weapon. I can legally kill somebody if I believe the attacker would cause me serious bodily harm, and the police live by the exact same legal standards.

Too many times the black sheep listen to the Democrats with this claim they are disadvantaged by what happened to their parents, their grandparents, their great grandparents. They use this brainwashing to excuse their irresponsible decisions in life. But excuse makers are all failures. If you don't believe me, go to your public library and ask the librarian where they keep all the books written by successful excuse makers. They will just give you a stupid look because there are no successful excuse makers.

Condemning “white privilege” is how the elites maintain their privileges and keep middle and working class whites in their place.

Condemning white privilege is itself a manifestation of privilege like going to Harvard or visiting a wine cave or purchasing a Louis Vuitton handbag.

That's because you are brainwashed that it's all because of their skin color; so to address your last point first:

Insurance companies base their rates on claims made in certain areas. A black person living in a predominately white neighborhood will not be charged higher premiums than any other of his neighbors. Just like a white living in a predominately black area will not be charged less because he or she is white. Blacks are by far much worse drivers than whites; trust me, I'm a retired tractor-trailer driver so I know this for a fact, and I live in a black suburb. They have more house fires, burglaries, and apartment burglaries than in white areas. Of course the insurance company is going to charge people in black areas much more than white areas. It's not because of race, it's because of statistics. No insurance company can stay in business at a loss. They have to reclaim their multiple losses somehow.

Now what acts are you talking about being unjust? If you're referring to police, it's a completely bogus claim. Police will use deadly force to stop a white attacker as they will a black. But since your mind is controlled by the MSM, they only air white cops shooting or killing black suspects giving you the impression that it only happens to blacks, when in fact, it happens to just as many whites. As a licensed armed citizen of my state, I can tell you without a doubt there is no law that says the only time you can use deadly force is when you are attacked with a weapon. I can legally kill somebody if I believe the attacker would cause me serious bodily harm, and the police live by the exact same legal standards.

Too many times the black sheep listen to the Democrats with this claim they are disadvantaged by what happened to their parents, their grandparents, their great grandparents. They use this brainwashing to excuse their irresponsible decisions in life. But excuse makers are all failures. If you don't believe me, go to your public library and ask the librarian where they keep all the books written by successful excuse makers. They will just give you a stupid look because there are no successful excuse makers.
Oh I see. If the people are poor then they must be black therefore they should and deserve to be charged more than whites **** FOR THE SAME GOODS & SERVICES****, apparently the same thinking that the insurances companies are doing. Yeah there is nothing like being required to pay more and receiving less and it's completely legal </sarc>

I didn't say anything about the police. That's an entirely different and lengthy topic deserving of it's own thread. I'm talking about racial discrimination that was codified into law, enforced by law enforcement members who were oftentimes members of white supremacists groups, particularly down south, upheld by our court systems and sanctified by the U.S. Supreme Court - "[the black man] has no rights which the white bound is bound to respect" - Justice Taney. This is not brainwashing, this is American history and just one instance where a white supremacist put in writing their true beliefs. Racial animosity and hatred that was the basis of all of the subsequent abuses of an entire race of people.

And since you brought up the fact that you are a CCW holder, I'd like your opinion on something since you offered your opinion that a person can be a threat even if they are unarmed. What is your opinion of the shooting of U.S. Air Force vet Ashli Babbit by a D.C. Capitol law enforcement officer? There are some people on U.S. Message Board that want him crucified and doxxed.

Oh I see. If the people are poor then they must be black therefore they should and deserve to be charged more than whites **** FOR THE SAME GOODS & SERVICES****, apparently the same thinking that the insurances companies are doing. Yeah there is nothing like being required to pay more and receiving less and it's completely legal </sarc>

I didn't say anything about the police. That's an entirely different and lengthy topic deserving of it's own thread. I'm talking about racial discrimination that was codified into law, enforced by law enforcement members who were oftentimes members of white supremacists groups, particularly down south, upheld by our court systems and sanctified by the U.S. Supreme Court - "[the black man] has no rights which the white bound is bound to respect" - Justice Taney. This is not brainwashing, this is American history and just one instance where a white supremacist put in writing their true beliefs. Racial animosity and hatred that was the basis of all of the subsequent abuses of an entire race of people.

And since you brought up the fact that you are a CCW holder, I'd like your opinion on something since you offered your opinion that a person can be a threat even if they are unarmed. What is your opinion of the shooting of U.S. Air Force vet Ashli Babbit by a D.C. Capitol law enforcement officer? There are some people on U.S. Message Board that want him crucified and doxxed.

I can't speak on that because each force has their own criteria of what using deadly force entails. In that particular instance, I believe the officer shot to protect our representative and less himself. It's the same with CCW holders. If I believe somebody is in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death, I can use deadly force on their behalf even if I'm not involved in their situation. But....you better make sure you are completely confident of what that situation is before shooting. An example is if I see a woman struggling with a man on top of her. I shoot him on sight because I assume she is being attacked. If it turns out the man was her husband, and he was trying to hold her down during one of her frequent seizures, I'm going to get charged with murder.

If you aren't talking about police, then what you are talking about are things that happened before our time. I won't argue the point that those things took place. What I will argue the point on is that it has nothing to do with your life today. After my father got out of the military, he applied to the bricklayers union for a job. They refused his application because he was of Polish descent. The only reason they finally let him in was because he told them how he just spent a year in Korea fighting for our country. Had he not served, he would never had the career he had.

Racial preference works both ways. You brought up hate crimes. What is a hate crime? It's an additional penalty if you commit violence against a person in a Democrat voting group: women, minorities, gays....... Then there is affirmative action. Affirmative action is nothing more than reverse discrimination. If you can't get a job because you're black and they choose a white, what's the difference if they choose you as a black because I'm white? Before I left work, we had companies that replaced all their white workers with blacks. Discrimination? No. It's because blacks are willing to work for less money. The company found it financially beneficial to hire blacks because whites would not take the job for the kind of money they offered. I have no problem with that either.

I can't speak on that because each force has their own criteria of what using deadly force entails.
Really? And here I was taught that the criteria is the same across the board, LEO or civilian when a person is claiming self defense or defense of another. The shooter has to have a reasonable belief that the person poses an imminent threat of serve bodily harm or death. Shoot for center mass and to stop the threat. In my opinion, had Ashli Babbitt been allowed to breach that window I am convinced that the rest of the mob would have poured in after her. Why give up your advantage by allowing the mob through that window?

There is a thread specific to that incident and I have never heard so many ridiculous posits and falsehoods regarding that shooting including the opposite of what you said previously, that it's not lawful to shoot someone who is unarmed but I'm getting off the point.

You're not the only person who had a father who served in the military and who was discriminated against. My dad served in the Korean war as well but he didn't have any trouble getting work because his dad and brothers owned a construction company, he was a carpenter and the unions looked after them well. There are sky scrapers on the Los Angeles skyline that they worked on as well as the Hilton hotel on Century Blvd by LAX. Affirmative action had nothing to do with them getting work because they were successful before the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the same applies to the Tuskegee airmen. But just because we have been successful doesn't mean that the injustices that continue to this day should be ignored, that's the only point I'm been trying to make.

These injustices may seem small to you but they are cumulative. You are patently wrong when you claim that there are no people left alive who have lived under Jim Crow, lawful racial discrimination and segregation. One of my cousins wrote a book about our family who descended from a South Carolina plantation back in the late 1970s/early 1980s. She is no longer alive but she was born to parents who were slaves yet by meeting her, a bridge to the past was formed. Irrespective of people who claim that none of what happened in the past matters TODAY, when what happened affected a loved one or family member, it makes it matter even more.

Big difference. The Germans are no longer commies. The commies here are going after Dr. Seuss now. Amazon removed Clearance Thomas's book from their list. They tried to get rid of Parler, and were successful for several weeks. The commies here are all about silencing and removing anything they don't like.

Okay, let's look at this list.

The Germans are more liberal than we are. Seriously, if we followed the German model, it would be every Democratic wet dream come to life. Living wages, universal health care, unionization, high taxes on the rich.

And they don't have any statues of Hitler praising him. Even though they still enjoy his Autobahns.

Does Uncle Thomas' book come with Crayons? Never mind. Amazon has every right to cancel him.

As far as Dr. Seuss... Um, yeah, they are going after him for racist texts in obscure books... Frankly, it's the kind of discussion we need to have.

And as I pointed out in another thread, you guys had no problem "cancelling" Colin Kaepernick, the Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda because they said shit you didn't like.

Uh, anyone who had the resources to immigrate here legally probably had the resources to do it. Argument fail.

Just about every American has the same opportunities if not more since they were born here and had a head start.

Right. I mean, you had all the advantages of being white, and you still live in a slum and collect welfare... but you're totally better than your HUD neighbors.

Okay, let's look at this list.

The Germans are more liberal than we are. Seriously, if we followed the German model, it would be every Democratic wet dream come to life. Living wages, universal health care, unionization, high taxes on the rich.

And they don't have any statues of Hitler praising him. Even though they still enjoy his Autobahns.

Does Uncle Thomas' book come with Crayons? Never mind. Amazon has every right to cancel him.

As far as Dr. Seuss... Um, yeah, they are going after him for racist texts in obscure books... Frankly, it's the kind of discussion we need to have.

And as I pointed out in another thread, you guys had no problem "cancelling" Colin Kaepernick, the Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda because they said shit you didn't like.

No, we didn't cancel them; we didn't take them away from public view. We decided not to patronize them any longer. We acted as individuals, not as a cabal like the commies so often do.

You talk about how the Germans are liberal, but don't even know so was Dr. Seuss. He was a liberal before liberals were even around. His books promoted inclusiveness, and now the commies are trying to make it out just the opposite, that he was racist. Remember that in earlier days, people were proud of what and who they are. Thanks to liberalism, you made them all embarrassed of who they are. You turned them into snowflakes who are offended by the stupidest little thing.

Unknown.jpeg

Uh, anyone who had the resources to immigrate here legally probably had the resources to do it. Argument fail.

For crying out loud, they contacted the US about getting a green card or working on permanent residency, got a thousand bucks or so for a plane ticket, and because they did that, they came here with resources to start their own business? I'm sure few have, but most don't have the resources in their country to do that which is why they want to come here in the first place. After they've worked here for a couple of years and save money, then they have the resources. In either case, Americans are born with the resources right in their own backyard.

Even George Soros said that if you're born in the US, you already started off on second base.

Right. I mean, you had all the advantages of being white, and you still live in a slum and collect welfare... but you're totally better than your HUD neighbors.

Unlike my HUD neighbors, I created the roof over my head--not taxpayers. Unlike my HUD neighbors, I buy my own food with the profits from my investments. Unlike my HUD neighbors, I never had kids I couldn't afford. Unlike my HUD neighbors, I worked 40 hours a week or more a week all of my life, invested my money, and made sure that when I retired, I would live comfortably. Unlike my HUD neighbors, I drive a car with less than 25,000 miles on it. Unlike my HUD neighbors, I paid into the federal income tax system, and no, payroll taxes are not actually income taxes.

So I took advantage of being an American. You didn't take the advantage of seeking professional psychological help for your severe OCD problems. Everybody on USMB sees you're an ass, as you are so obsessed with race, wealthy people, and our police. We know you desperately need help--you don't.

Really? And here I was taught that the criteria is the same across the board, LEO or civilian when a person is claiming self defense or defense of another. The shooter has to have a reasonable belief that the person poses an imminent threat of serve bodily harm or death. Shoot for center mass and to stop the threat. In my opinion, had Ashli Babbitt been allowed to breach that window I am convinced that the rest of the mob would have poured in after her. Why give up your advantage by allowing the mob through that window?

There is a thread specific to that incident and I have never heard so many ridiculous posits and falsehoods regarding that shooting including the opposite of what you said previously, that it's not lawful to shoot someone who is unarmed but I'm getting off the point.

You're not the only person who had a father who served in the military and who was discriminated against. My dad served in the Korean war as well but he didn't have any trouble getting work because his dad and brothers owned a construction company, he was a carpenter and the unions looked after them well. There are sky scrapers on the Los Angeles skyline that they worked on as well as the Hilton hotel on Century Blvd by LAX. Affirmative action had nothing to do with them getting work because they were successful before the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the same applies to the Tuskegee airmen. But just because we have been successful doesn't mean that the injustices that continue to this day should be ignored, that's the only point I'm been trying to make.

These injustices may seem small to you but they are cumulative. You are patently wrong when you claim that there are no people left alive who have lived under Jim Crow, lawful racial discrimination and segregation. One of my cousins wrote a book about our family who descended from a South Carolina plantation back in the late 1970s/early 1980s. She is no longer alive but she was born to parents who were slaves yet by meeting her, a bridge to the past was formed. Irrespective of people who claim that none of what happened in the past matters TODAY, when what happened affected a loved one or family member, it makes it matter even more.

We don't know what exactly took place with the Capital Hill shooting. Like the Vegas shooter, they are keeping it under the rug and away from the public for some reason. I don't think we will ever know. What I can tell you is that if I were walking down the street, and a gang of people were coming after me, that gives me every reason to believe my safety or life is in jeopardy warranting the use deadly force against them. Again, I can't tell you what this officer thought because we don't even know his name yet alone what he said in deposition.

The only point I make in bringing up my father is that a lot of people of yesteryear were discriminated against for a host of reasons. Even at my young age of 60, I've been profiled and stopped by police for being white on several occasions, but I understood the reasons. After 911, my tenant who was of Lebanese descent complained about being searched every time he went on an airplane. When I asked why he didn't lodge a complaint, he told me that Americans are dying in the middle-east. If his compliance made our security forces more effective, it's the least he could do for our country.

Also my point is that no matter what happened to our ancestors, it has no effect on your life unless you want to use their experiences to excuse your failures. We have rich people of every race and religion in this country. We have poor people of every race and religion in this country. Systemic racism would mean racism is intrinsic, which would mean nobody of a particular race could ever get ahead no matter how hard they tried, and that's simply not the case in the United States.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back