My white privilege

The cop was totally running him on everything he could think of

What the fuck are you talking about?

1) You couldn't possibly know what the cop was running

2) There aren't options. They phone in all pull overs and there is a standard check. There aren't options where they keep checking other things

Anecdotal arguments are the worse. If you feel the cop was inappropriate, do nothing on the scene but follow all the cops instructions immediately and fully. Get his badge number and report him later. Tell them what you saw.

Sure, there are bad cops out there. But don't make shit up like he had a secret list of additional checks he could run, that was just stupid

You're pretty good at missing the point. Or, rather, deliberately steering around it.

Swash, you missed another one:

1) That you read minds was a terrible argument and totally undercut your credibility

2) You handled it inappropriately

So seriously, why didn't you get his badge number and report what you witnessed? Just wanted to be offended, not do anything?
Swoosh!

The cop was totally running him on everything he could think of

What the fuck are you talking about?

1) You couldn't possibly know what the cop was running

2) There aren't options. They phone in all pull overs and there is a standard check. There aren't options where they keep checking other things

Anecdotal arguments are the worse. If you feel the cop was inappropriate, do nothing on the scene but follow all the cops instructions immediately and fully. Get his badge number and report him later. Tell them what you saw.

Sure, there are bad cops out there. But don't make shit up like he had a secret list of additional checks he could run, that was just stupid

You're pretty good at missing the point. Or, rather, deliberately steering around it.

Swash, you missed another one:

1) That you read minds was a terrible argument and totally undercut your credibility

2) You handled it inappropriately

So seriously, why didn't you get his badge number and report what you witnessed? Just wanted to be offended, not do anything?
Swoosh!

AKA, you have nothing.

That was clear when you claimed to know what the cop was looking up when you weren't there and that he could look up magical I don't want this guy to get away options they don't normally check.

The thing is that there are cops to pull that shit. People like you protect them with your absurd BS. The cop could make up searches, that was just stupid

Yes it can both. White offenders, committing the same crime are less likely to receive jail time.

Agree 100%. I have studied the topic.

Being African American adds on average 20% to prison term for the same crime.

Link to verified sources?

Did you bother to read it? Direct quotes:

"A key empirical challenge in answering this question is the lack of data on true criminal conduct."

"We find that the majority of the disparity between black and white sentences can be explained by differences in legally permitted characteristics, in particular, the arrest offense and the defendant’s criminal history. Black arrestees are also disproportionately concentrated in federal districts that have higher sentences in general. Yet even after we control for these and other prior characteristics, an unexplained black-white sentence disparity of approximately 9 percent remains in our main sample."

First they admit that they lack data. Then they do some statistical analysis that resolves 91% of the difference. Hardly compelling bub, and only one academic paper.

Adn teh final number is NINE percent? Which still they can't show is wacims. It could still be other unknown factors.

No, the final number is 9% of the % difference. I didn't bother to read the entire pile of codswollop, but if one starts with a 20% difference, the amount after adjusting for non-racist, non-biases factors leave 1.8% unexplained. Given that they admit up front that they lack data on "true criminal conduct", this 1.8% is statistically irrelevant.

I'll throw this at the people stumping for the "white privilege" concept. And use the "codswollop" the Celtic warmaiden (that's who the historical Boudicca is), cited:

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"

-Albert Einstein

Yes. I know so. We weren't in a "troubling area". We were in an affluent white suburb. And didn't look affluent or white. That's why he gets harrassed and I never do.

Again, he may have fit the description of a person in the area they were on the look for. If he was one of the few people of color in that area, and the person they were looking for was of color, what do you want police to do, hold over white guys that don't meet that description?

If you don't know any police officers to understand their work, listen to the police scanner in your area sometime. If you don't have one, try Broadcastify.com. You can type in your own city or any city across the country. Listen to how they conduct a traffic stop or call. If you don't want to hang around your computer, you can get phone apps like Scanner Radio and a host of other scanner apps.

Yes it can both. White offenders, committing the same crime are less likely to receive jail time.

"A key empirical challenge in answering this question is the lack of data on true criminal conduct."

"We find that the majority of the disparity between black and white sentences can be explained by differences in legally permitted characteristics, in particular, the arrest offense and the defendant’s criminal history. Black arrestees are also disproportionately concentrated in federal districts that have higher sentences in general. Yet even after we control for these and other prior characteristics, an unexplained black-white sentence disparity of approximately 9 percent remains in our main sample."

First they admit that they lack data. Then they do some statistical analysis that resolves 91% of the difference. Hardly compelling bub, and only one academic paper.

Adn teh final number is NINE percent? Which still they can't show is wacims. It could still be other unknown factors.

No, the final number is 9% of the % difference. I didn't bother to read the entire pile of codswollop, but if one starts with a 20% difference, the amount after adjusting for non-racist, non-biases factors leave 1.8% unexplained. Given that they admit up front that they lack data on "true criminal conduct", this 1.8% is statistically irrelevant.

I'll throw this at the people stumping for the "white privilege" concept. And use the "codswollop" the Celtic warmaiden (that's who the historical Boudicca is), cited:

-Albert Einstein

Thankee, sirrah.

But I must note that Boudicca was Queen of the Iceni, not just any run of the mill warmaiden.

:)

-Albert Einstein

Thankee, sirrah.

But I must note that Boudicca was Queen of the Iceni, not just any run of the mill warmaiden.

True, but I used "warmaiden" for the sake of brevity. I try not to post novellas on this board if I can help it :D

-Albert Einstein

Thankee, sirrah.

On a side note, she led Celtic rebellions against the Romans in 60 AD or so. I am fascinated by her history.

I love all these lurkers who pass by this thread and only press the funny button and have nothing smart to say about the subject matter. But do go on about how educated you claim to be about American politics. I'll just sit and laugh right back at you.

Brain357

So if there's white privilege out there, I have no idea what it is.

A few years back I went to lunch with a coworker. He drove. We were pulled over, supposedly because he failed to signal before a lane change. He also happened to be a large brown male. The cop was totally running him on everything he could think of. Even claimed there had been as series of thefts in the area and ask if my friend "knew anything about it"?? It was obvious harassment, and I was furious. My friend pleaded with me not to say anything. "If you get mad, they win," was what he said. So I sat there and waited. For thirty minutes, while my co-worker (a brilliant and successful software developer) was treated like a common criminal.

So, if you don't think white privilege is real - you're either very, very sheltered and living in a bubble, a complete fucking idiot, or a liar. Which is it?
So, you think a white male will not have the same problem if he is in the same troubling area and breaks traffic law.
Yes. I know so. We weren't in a "troubling area". We were in an affluent white suburb. And didn't look affluent or white. That's why he gets harrassed and I never do.

I got pulled over and my car was searched many years ago. I stood out as a white guy in a neighborhood that was predominately black and it was very late at night. Yes, I was profiled, but it made perfect sense to me. I can put myself into the cop’s shoes and see why they pulled me over. Was it racist? No, it wasn’t. By the way, one of the cops was black and one was white.
This issue isn't profiling, or whether it is justified or not. The issue is whether white privilege exists, whether white people get breaks that black people don't. They do. There's really no denying that. If there'd been no dark-skinned person in the car, we likely wouldn't have been pulled over. We wouldn't have sat there for thirty minutes under scrutiny.
white privilege exists, but it is not what you are saying. You are so wrong, and you are the mayor of wrongvile. You just make up excuses when shxt happened to you. COps stopped you because you did nothing when changing lanes. Man up :rolleyes:

-Albert Einstein

Thankee, sirrah.

On a side note, she led Celtic rebellions against the Romans in 60 AD or so. I am fascinated by her history.

Me too, but that is rather obvious. ;)

white privilege exists, but it is not what you are saying. You are so wrong, and you are the mayor of wrongvile. You just make up excuses when shxt happened to you. COps stopped you because you did nothing when changing lanes. Man up

I really don't see where it exists at all. Even if you can point to one instance, I can make the same claim of black privilege by the use of Hate Crimes, affirmative action, and a higher use per capita of our social programs.

I don't know of any black who couldn't live the same way I lived mine: education, ability to work, ability to get an advanced education, ability to invest......... These are all things that were made available to everybody in this country, even many foreigners who are living here illegally.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I got pulled over and my car was searched many years ago. I stood out as a white guy in a neighborhood that was predominately black and it was very late at night. Yes, I was profiled, but it made perfect sense to me. I can put myself into the cop’s shoes and see why they pulled me over. Was it racist? No, it wasn’t. By the way, one of the cops was black and one was white.

They realized you were white andtreated you with dignity.

Black folks, not so much.

You see, here's the thing. I'm the first one to admit, the number of blacks killed by police are small- only about 200 a year, and the ones that were truly outrageous, such as Tamir Rice, LaQuan McDonald and Mike Brown, are even rarer still. Probably a handful of instances a year.

BUt it's the entire antagonistic relationship between the black community that exacerbates those incidents.

Yeah, you might not know someone who got shot 16 times when he was lying on the ground, but you do know someone who got pulled over for a DBW. It might even have been you.

Poverty is a threat to safety, obviously, regardless of race your options are curtailed, but even within that there are different levels of poverty.

Of course. And I am asserting race is not a factor in that equation. Choices are. Circumstances are. Skin color isn't. It boils down to personal responsibility and choices does it not?

They realized you were white andtreated you with dignity.

Black folks, not so much.

You see, here's the thing. I'm the first one to admit, the number of blacks killed by police are small- only about 200 a year, and the ones that were truly outrageous, such as Tamir Rice, LaQuan McDonald and Mike Brown, are even rarer still. Probably a handful of instances a year.

BUt it's the entire antagonistic relationship between the black community that exacerbates those incidents.

Yeah, you might not know someone who got shot 16 times when he was lying on the ground, but you do know someone who got pulled over for a DBW. It might even have been you.

The black cop realized I was white and treated me with dignity? Please.

If I would have resisted arrest or acted beligerent in any way, things may very well have been different. This is the case in the vast majority of cases where people, both black and white, are injured or killed by cops.

The black cop realized I was white and treated me with dignity? Please.

If I would have resisted arrest or acted beligerent in any way, things may very well have been different. This is the case in the vast majority of cases where people, both black and white, are injured or killed by cops.

Oh, I see. If you are acting "beligerently" to a cop, that means it's okay to shoot you. Got it.

Oh, I see. If you are acting "beligerently" to a cop, that means it's okay to shoot you. Got it.

Where do you get that from?

Police officers don't get hurt or killed by law abiding citizens. They get hurt or killed by the bad guys. If you don't cooperate with the police, they have more reason to suspect you may be one of the bad guys.

You don't get to shoot people on suspicion.

That's how you end up in jail.

They love cops in jail.

Correct, you don't. But a police officer is much more prepared to have to shoot that person than somebody that cooperated with them. The solution to these problems is just do what the cops ask you to do, and I don't see why that's so difficult for leftists. I've done it all my life effortlessly.

That depends upon who writes and enforces the consequences as well as your circumstances.

Racism in this country is no where near as simple as you portray.

Actually most of it is manufactured by the left. There are plenty of examples of people of all races who became successful in America. If racism is so bad here, why do so many non-white people try to invade our country? I mean.......If I didn't like the US, I certainly wouldn't try to get into an anti-white country.

Forum List

Back