My Trip to the Washington DC Prayer March

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Well, I got up at 2:30 am to get to the train station on time. I had Amtrac tickets from Fredericksburg VA and I wanted a seat. The car was only about half full, so I was fine.

But I got dressed in the dark to not wake up my wife, and all I knew was that I had on a black T-shirt from a pro 2A group. I got compliments all day on my T-shirt, and I had no idea why till I finally asked someone what was on the back. It was a pro-consitution art graphic. Felt a lot better about the compliments afterwards.

As I walked from union Station to the Lincoln Memorial, my pace slowed considerably as I neared the Washington Monument. I was being passed by everyone it seemed, and then I started seeing the SAME PEOPLE passing me that passed me earlier. Talk about dej vu! Finally I saw why; most of these people would stop and have a prayer circle periodically and I would pass them, only to have them pass me again after the prayer ended, lol.

The people were very friendly all around, even the BLM protesters. One jogger that ran into our group did a disguised bird as she scratched her hair with her middle finger, but that was about it.

I had not been to the Mall since 1997 when I worked at Treasury, and it is so much better looking now. I would have sworn it did not have so many trees as before, but 23 years is a lot of time for trees to grow, I guess.

When I got home, I found no articles ont he March, just the twitter feed above.

This morning I found a few.

The prayer march included the following prayer points, among others:
  • Military, police, firefighters, other law enforcement and their families.
    • Frontline medical workers, salvation of the lost, an end to the coronavirus pandemic, strength in families.
    • An end to abortion
    • The President, Vice President, their families and those who work in the White House
    • Kindness to one other and respect between the races
    • Healing in communities torn by violence and injustice
    • Religious freedom and boldness for churches to preach in a troubled world
    • Congress, state and local leaders and the Supreme Court and judges across the U.S.
The event organizers said it was not a political mobilization, and asked those who attended to refrain from bringing or wearing political signs or showing support for one candidate or party.

Thousands of Christians gathered on the Mall in Washington on Saturday, waving U.S. flags, kneeling in small prayer circles alongside monuments, singing and listening to speakers who called on the nation to come together and heal.
Two groups — one organized by New Jersey-based pastor and popular author Jonathan Cahn, the other led by Evangelist Franklin Graham — emphasized slightly different objectives but came with a shared focus central to many millions of Christian conservatives: repairing a country they say is in the midst of a spiritual crisis.
“We came to pray and heal,” said Diane Hildner, an elementary school teacher in Leesburg. “We want people to be happy again and not worried or afraid, not be afraid of retribution for saying your views. We know our nation is in trouble, so we stand here to pray to our God to heal our nation.”
They had come on the day President Trump announced his nomination of Amy Coney Barrett, a devout conservative, to the Supreme Court. While there were many on the mall wearing pro-Trump hats or shirts, several people interviewed pulled back from explicit partisanship, instead focusing on division and change in a country they say has become intolerant of the views of conservatives.
Hildner had come with a friend, another Loudoun County teacher. She said they feel less free to express their religious views, especially in the past six months. She said she felt anxiety putting up a U.S. flag or posting a bumper sticker for a conservative candidate. She lamented that comments she viewed as benign could easily become politically and emotionally loaded.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Thousands of people packed the National Mall in downtown Washington on Saturday to pray and show their support for President Donald Trump.
The march, which stretched from the Lincoln Memorial to the U.S. Capitol, was held just hours before Trump was set to announce he was nominating a conservative judge for the Supreme Court.

Though no one seems to be giving an estimate of the crowd size, it was packed from the Sentate Reflection Pool down to the Lincoln Memorial, so I think 250k is a very low estimate.

Thank you for telling of your experience. It sounds like it was wonderful! I'll add my prayers each night for healing the country.

Well, I got up at 2:30 am to get to the train station on time. I had Amtrac tickets from Fredericksburg VA and I wanted a seat. The car was only about half full, so I was fine.

But I got dressed in the dark to not wake up my wife, and all I knew was that I had on a black T-shirt from a pro 2A group. I got compliments all day on my T-shirt, and I had no idea why till I finally asked someone what was on the back. It was a pro-consitution art graphic. Felt a lot better about the compliments afterwards.

As I walked from union Station to the Lincoln Memorial, my pace slowed considerably as I neared the Washington Monument. I was being passed by everyone it seemed, and then I started seeing the SAME PEOPLE passing me that passed me earlier. Talk about dej vu! Finally I saw why; most of these people would stop and have a prayer circle periodically and I would pass them, only to have them pass me again after the prayer ended, lol.

The people were very friendly all around, even the BLM protesters. One jogger that ran into our group did a disguised bird as she scratched her hair with her middle finger, but that was about it.

I had not been to the Mall since 1997 when I worked at Treasury, and it is so much better looking now. I would have sworn it did not have so many trees as before, but 23 years is a lot of time for trees to grow, I guess.

When I got home, I found no articles ont he March, just the twitter feed above.

This morning I found a few.

The prayer march included the following prayer points, among others:
  • Military, police, firefighters, other law enforcement and their families.
    • Frontline medical workers, salvation of the lost, an end to the coronavirus pandemic, strength in families.
    • An end to abortion
    • The President, Vice President, their families and those who work in the White House
    • Kindness to one other and respect between the races
    • Healing in communities torn by violence and injustice
    • Religious freedom and boldness for churches to preach in a troubled world
    • Congress, state and local leaders and the Supreme Court and judges across the U.S.
The event organizers said it was not a political mobilization, and asked those who attended to refrain from bringing or wearing political signs or showing support for one candidate or party.

Thousands of Christians gathered on the Mall in Washington on Saturday, waving U.S. flags, kneeling in small prayer circles alongside monuments, singing and listening to speakers who called on the nation to come together and heal.
Two groups — one organized by New Jersey-based pastor and popular author Jonathan Cahn, the other led by Evangelist Franklin Graham — emphasized slightly different objectives but came with a shared focus central to many millions of Christian conservatives: repairing a country they say is in the midst of a spiritual crisis.
“We came to pray and heal,” said Diane Hildner, an elementary school teacher in Leesburg. “We want people to be happy again and not worried or afraid, not be afraid of retribution for saying your views. We know our nation is in trouble, so we stand here to pray to our God to heal our nation.”
They had come on the day President Trump announced his nomination of Amy Coney Barrett, a devout conservative, to the Supreme Court. While there were many on the mall wearing pro-Trump hats or shirts, several people interviewed pulled back from explicit partisanship, instead focusing on division and change in a country they say has become intolerant of the views of conservatives.
Hildner had come with a friend, another Loudoun County teacher. She said they feel less free to express their religious views, especially in the past six months. She said she felt anxiety putting up a U.S. flag or posting a bumper sticker for a conservative candidate. She lamented that comments she viewed as benign could easily become politically and emotionally loaded.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Thousands of people packed the National Mall in downtown Washington on Saturday to pray and show their support for President Donald Trump.
The march, which stretched from the Lincoln Memorial to the U.S. Capitol, was held just hours before Trump was set to announce he was nominating a conservative judge for the Supreme Court.

Though no one seems to be giving an estimate of the crowd size, it was packed from the Sentate Reflection Pool down to the Lincoln Memorial, so I think 250k is a very low estimate.

Well they should call themselves Plaid lives matters instead of BLM. Because there are more Whites that Blacks.

Forum List

Back