My son's commencement

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
Who says schools aren't run by the Left?

My son's high school commencement was held tonight. It was pretty much the standard fare, until, the President of the Board of Education gives his speech....... f---ing "A"!!!!!!

He starts out his speech on the subject of flags, then that leads to the casualties in Iraq and how senseless the war is, how it was all about a cheap source of energy that we are "addicted" to, and how we're ruining our environment because of it ... and of course, things would be so much better if we just cut back our use of all those resources, and learned "alternative" approaches to dealing with other nations.... and of course, there was something about "narrow minded" leaders that don't seem to have enough "imagination" to solve the world's problems. I think he really wanted to say "intelligence" but that would have made it too obvious.

I have to ask who the hell this guy thought he was? Subjecting a captive audience of 1,000 people to a screed against the war in Iraq (and with some students going to the military nonetheless)? Plus half of the people in the audience probably support the war in Iraq (at least half, this is Upstate New York, we're Republican).

So, I'll now have something to remember my son's high school graduation by. Yes, how some left wing asshole thought he was going to educate us all by subjecting us to his opinions....

KarlMarx said:

My son's high school commencement was held tonight. It was pretty much the standard fare, until, the President of the Board of Education gives his speech....... f---ing "A"!!!!!!

He starts out his speech on the subject of flags, then that leads to the casualties in Iraq and how senseless the war is, how it was all about a cheap source of energy that we are "addicted" to, and how we're ruining our environment because of it ... and of course, things would be so much better if we just cut back our use of all those resources, and learned "alternative" approaches to dealing with other nations.... and of course, there was something about "narrow minded" leaders that don't seem to have enough "imagination" to solve the world's problems. I think he really wanted to say "intelligence" but that would have made it too obvious.

I have to ask who the hell this guy thought he was? Subjecting a captive audience of 1,000 people to a screed against the war in Iraq (and with some students going to the military nonetheless)? Plus half of the people in the audience probably support the war in Iraq (at least half, this is Upstate New York, we're Republican).

So, I'll now have something to remember my son's high school graduation by. Yes, how some left wing asshole thought he was going to educate us all by subjecting us to his opinions....

could have been worse he could have droaned on about religon and ethics and morals and family values.....oh wait that type of free speach is banned

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
manu1959 said:
could have been worse he could have droaned on about religon and ethics and morals and family values.....oh wait that type of free speach is banned
Yea, because anyone who says family and/or values gets sent off to the Gulag. Especially since the Republican controlled executive, legislative, and judicial branches all hate freedom.

All I wanted was to go to my son's commencement, watch him get his diploma, go out for a celebratory ice cream sundae (with lots of cholesterol, Oh great God of Lipitor, forgive me!)....

but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I had to get lectured on the evils of oil, the evils of capitalism, the evils of going to Iraq and, of course, the evils of Bush.

If this sort of thing continues, next year, there will have to be a pro-Bush commencement and an anti-Bush commencement.

Mr.Conley said:
Yea, because anyone who says family and/or values gets sent off to the Gulag. Especially since the Republican controlled executive, legislative, and judicial branches all hate freedom.

None of whom have direct control over the school systems, which are largely controlled by highly liberal teachers' unions who admittedly won't care one whit about the kids unless they start paying dues. It's practically a cartel.

Mr.Conley said:

:wtf:

Mr.Conley said:

uh?

bunchies.gif

manu1959 said:
doubtful...what the hell is that thing?
Like Abbey, I keep looking at it. Sorta reminds me of a cross between a seal and a green brachiosaurus, with a short neck.

KarlMarx said:

A high school commencement is an event to celebrate the culmination of four years of your life that you'll never recapture. It's for sentimental expressions, acknowledgment of hard work and dedication, and for wishes of a bright future. It's not a place for religious preaching nor is it a place for the liberal political agenda.

You should slap the principal in the face and congratulate him for letting his egocentric, selfish behavior overshadow the real stars of the day-- the students.

liberalogic said:
A high school commencement is an event to celebrate the culmination of four years of your life that you'll never recapture. It's for sentimental expressions, acknowledgment of hard work and dedication, and for wishes of a bright future. It's not a place for religious preaching nor is it a place for the liberal political agenda.

You should slap the principal in the face and congratulate him for letting his egocentric, selfish behavior overshadow the real stars of the day-- the students.

I agree. Whether 8th grade, high school, or college; the speeches should be geared towards what has been accomplished, perhaps thanking those that made their accomplishments possible. Geared towards the future, that THEY can accomplish, not the failures or hopes of previous generations.

Forum List

Back