My Son is Great

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
This morning, we were walking down near the ocean, when my wife fell on some slippery rocks. She hurt her thumb pretty badly when she hit the ground. Luckily, there was no fracture.

My son was very concerned about her and throughout the day remained fixated on how she was feeling.

This evening, he asked her to hold her injured hand out flat. Using his hands he made a pouring motion over her hands and said "I'm pouring my love on your hand." Then he asked her to use her hand to make a pouring motion into his hand and he said "You're pouring your pain into my hands."

He's 4.5 years old. Amazing.

What an awesome story! That is one great kid. There's only one thing to do now. Since he can't possibly be your son, you'll have to find his real mother and father and try to locate your biological son. The boys must've gotten switched in the hospital shortly after birth.

What an awesome story! That is one great kid. There's only one thing to do now. Since he can't possibly be your son, you'll have to find his real mother and father and try to locate your biological son. The boys must've gotten switched in the hospital shortly after birth.

I'm keeping him.

He and I can make a lot of money as travelling healers...he healing people by laying on hands, and me, with my special tonics and potions.

I'm keeping him.

He and I can make a lot of money as travelling healers...he healing people by laying on hands, and me, with my special tonics and potions.

Homer? Is that you?

Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grampa pieces together a tonic that is guaranteed to put the sparks back into their relationship. The effectiveness of the tonic results in Homer and Grampa going into business together, selling "Simpson and Son’s Revitalizing Tonic" to the public utilizing a medicine show. They travel from town to town selling the product

My son is four and a half years old too!

They are little wonders at that age.

Though now that I think of how my son drew all over a Vatican Roman reproduction sculpture I have I think they can be little natural disasters too.

I'm keeping him.

All joking aside, that's really awesome. My youngest is 10 and he is the most moral person I know. (He gets that from his Mom, obviously.)

This morning, we were walking down near the ocean, when my wife fell on some slippery rocks. She hurt her thumb pretty badly when she hit the ground. Luckily, there was no fracture.

My son was very concerned about her and throughout the day remained fixated on how she was feeling.

This evening, he asked her to hold her injured hand out flat. Using his hands he made a pouring motion over her hands and said "I'm pouring my love on your hand." Then he asked her to use her hand to make a pouring motion into his hand and he said "You're pouring your pain into my hands."

And I have absolutely no doubt that his love really will help the wife recover more quickly than she might otherwise.

Mind over matter isn't really what is happpening. But the mind IS matter and it controls matter, too.

Because the mind IS linked to the body in ways we're just beginning to understand (again, we used to know only thism and then science convinced some of us that our bodies are machines and our mind exists in some etherial plane not connected to the body significantly)

I've seen people give up the ghost, folks.

People who are cherished by others, and who know that, tend to survive better than those who don't.

What we feel about ourselves, is in no small part, effected by how others feel about us.

Hell! we see this every day, don't we?

A long married couple that loses one or the other signficant other is typically gone from this earth a year or less after the first loved one passes.

The power of love isn't magic, but it sure as hell looks like it.

Last edited:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xotoxi again.

This is so sweet - it made my day!

Stop making me get teary eyed. Your job is to make me laugh.

I love that age, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...................

Stop making me get teary eyed. Your job is to make me laugh.

I love that age, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...................

Before they start wanting to go out and talking back. :tongue:

One thing about mini-echo, she doesn't talk back. She KNOWS what will happen if she does. That is one of my biggest things about kids of any age, talking back to an adult. My students know not to do it, and so does my child.

But anyway, back to that age. 4 years old, so full of wonder and joy, and discovery. LOVE IT!

This is where we went hiking today (not my picture).

maidenscliff11307031-vi.jpg

Maiden Cliff in Camden Hills State Park. The hike was 2.6 miles round trip and we did it in 2 hours. He was a trooper, with the short legs and all, and complained only a little bit at the end. Mostly, he spent the time telling me about different dinosaurs that he'd learned about.

New Topics

Forum List

Back