My Solution to Cross Country Transportation

GMCGeneral

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2020
For me to know and you not to find out.

With First Group essentially exiting the North American market entirely and Greyhound Canada ceasing operations, now may be a good time for American bus companies to step up to the plate and offer real value and competition to the airlines and Amtrak. Personally, I think rail would be a very costly boondoggle as opposed to improving bus service in the US and Canada.

With First Group essentially exiting the North American market entirely and Greyhound Canada ceasing operations, now may be a good time for American bus companies to step up to the plate and offer real value and competition to the airlines and Amtrak. Personally, I think rail would be a very costly boondoggle as opposed to improving bus service in the US and Canada.
Take it you have never been on a bus. Many years ago they were a mess. They stopped in lots of tiny towns. Were slow and were usually only for those that had little to no money, lots of time to get where they were going and most of all really did not care how they got there.
imagine traveling in an outhouse for hours.

Take it you have never been on a bus. Many years ago they were a mess. They stopped in lots of tiny towns. Were slow and were usually only for those that had little to no money, lots of time to get where they were going and most of all really did not care how they got there.
Actually, I have. Several times over the years. Mostly for daytrippers between Buffalo-Rochester and Buffalo-Toronto. And I also did a cross country trip from Buffalo to Missoula, MT for a flatbedding job. I was not bothered by it at all.

Actually, I have. Several times over the years. Mostly for daytrippers between Buffalo-Rochester and Buffalo-Toronto. And I also did a cross country trip from Buffalo to Missoula, MT for a flatbedding job. I was not bothered by it at all.
lucky for you then. Most people I knew were more then bothered.

I would rather have a way to get around when I got there and not be dropped off in the middle of the night in some dodgy location (where most bus stations seem to be) with no way to get anywhere.

Well, the future is coming and I'd guess technology will come with it.

I saw something about Elon Musk (I think) wanting to build a 700mph train. That'd destroy the internal airline market.

I saw something about Elon Musk (I think) wanting to build a 700mph train. That'd destroy the internal airline market.
Even the laws of physics would laugh at a 700 MPH train. The stress alone to the tracks and cars would be amazing.

lucky for you then. Most people I knew were more then bothered.
It helps when buses are my passion, and my vocation. :)

Even the laws of physics would laugh at a 700 MPH train. The stress alone to the tracks and cars would be amazing.

Unless you didn't have tracks.

"Hyperloop: Elon Musk's supersonic 760mph train explained"

"
Hyperloop was first revealed by a white paper written by Musk in 2013, who said that he didn't have time to work on the system himself. Instead, it was left an open source design, with anyone free to use and modify it.

Using a vacuum tube with almost all air removed, capsules carrying passengers or cargo would be pushed along by a series of electromagnets. The almost complete lack of friction due to low air pressure means the train could travel at speeds of over 800mph, and 760mph with passengers on board."

New Topics

Forum List

Back