My Shipper said UPS didn’t scan the packages, so now what do I do?

Jitss617

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2019
I ordered a battery for my bike $700 I ordered overnight paid another hundred dollars. UPS is saying the label was printed for pick up but UPS is claiming they never picked it up.. well I can’t really get a hold of anybody.

anyone ever had this issue before?

Ok, first of all....this better be an exotic electric bike....or you've been had

If they didn't pick it up then you will have to wait. Maybe delayed due to COVID19?
Wait 24 hours for an update.

• Banned
Ok, first of all....this better be an exotic electric bike....or you've been had

If they didn't pick it up then you will have to wait. Maybe delayed due to COVID19?
No the shipper claims the package was picked up, but that he didn’t scan them.. and ups has absolutely no customer service..

No the shipper claims the package was picked up, but that he didn’t scan them.. and ups has absolutely no customer service..

Shippers Lie. UPS not usually
If UPS says it has not been picked up but the shipper says it has, there could be a delay in the data entry due to UPS worker shortages

You paid for overnight.....but things are chaotic right now.

• Banned

If UPS says it has not been picked up but the shipper says it has, there could be a delay in the data entry due to UPS worker shortages

I get that.. but even if they didn’t scan at the pick up they would have scanned at the ups location.. and they didn’t. I can’t even call the center ...

That is not likely. That makes me think it really is the shipper rather than UPS.

Even in the event that USP didn't scan the package in, they should scan it when it reaches the facility, unless... worst case scenario, USP somehow managed to already lose your package before it even made it to the facility.

I doubt that. But it is possible. Or the UPS guy stole your stuff.

I can say that unfortunately from first hand experience, that people have lied that stuff was shipped when it was most certainly not.

I was not involved in this personally, but I do know that it did in fact happen routinely at a previous employer. If something didn't make it on the truck, they would put it as shipped in the system, tell the customer it was on the way, when it was still sitting on the dock door.
Just saying. That is a real possibility.

I get that.. but even if they didn’t scan at the pick up they would have scanned at the ups location.. and they didn’t. I can’t even call the center ...

That's why both of us are saying, the shipper likely lied. For whatever reason, the shipper didn't get the product on the last truck out, but to keep you happy, said it was shipped and UPS didn't scan it.

This happens very often unfortunately. A company local to here, that is a major national company, had an FBI investigation into the practice of saying stuff was shipped, when it was not.

Can't get into details... but it is a real thing.

Last edited:

I have seen items get picked up and not scanned. It happens.

But I'd bet the shipper did not ship yet

• Banned

That is not likely. That makes me think it really is the shipper rather than UPS.

Even in the event that USP didn't scan the package in, they should scan it when it reaches the facility, unless... worst case scenario, USP somehow managed to already lose your package before it even made it to the facility.

I doubt that. But it is possible. Or the UPS guy stole your stuff.

I can say that unfortunately from first hand experience, that people have lied that stuff was shipped when it was most certainly not.

I was not involved in this personally, but I do know that it did in fact happen routinely at a previous employer. If something didn't make it on the truck, they would put it as shipped in the system, tell the customer it was on the way, when it was still sitting on the dock door.
Just saying. That is a real possibility.
I hope the truck is just waiting to unload..

• Banned

I have seen items get picked up and not scanned. It happens.

But I'd bet the shipper did not ship yet
I’ve been on the phone with the shipper all day she seems like a very nice woman and she claims it was shipped and that the UPS driver didn’t scan because other items have shipped out they haven’t been scanned yet either

I ordered a battery for my bike $700 I ordered overnight paid another hundred dollars. UPS is saying the label was printed for pick up but UPS is claiming they never picked it up.. well I can’t really get a hold of anybody.

As a seller, you can create a shipping label at home, pay UPS or USPS for it, but it could take a couple of days for the seller, to call for a pick up by UPS or the US Postal service....

The seller has 3 days to cancel the label and get their money back for the UPS label shipping fee.....

But you ordered this as an expedited package and paid boocoos for it, so UPS should have picked it up and scanned it.

When a seller orders a label for shipping, an online copy of the order With a distinct tracking. Number is generated and sent to UPS and sent to the buyer.... ups, once they pick up the package, begins the tracking of the package.... only then, it is in their hands....

Right now, since it has not been picked up from the seller yet, it is the seller, that you must reach, to find out what is going on.

If you ordered it last night, the seller would create the label for shipping either last night, or this morning, and order a pick up for today by UPS, which may not be until around 6pm....then it would be scanned in... or the seller may drop it off at a UPS Drop off/store some time during the day.

Call or email or contact the seller on their site to inquire.

As a seller, you can create a shipping label at home, pay UPS or USPS for it, but it could take a couple of days for the seller, to call for a pick up by UPS or the US Postal service....

The seller has 3 days to cancel the label and get their money back for the UPS label shipping fee.....

But you ordered this as an expedited package and paid boocoos for it, so UPS should have picked it up and scanned it.

When a seller orders a label for shipping, an online copy of the order With a distinct tracking. Number is generated and sent to UPS and sent to the buyer.... ups, once they pick up the package, begins the tracking of the package.... only then, it is in their hands....

Right now, since it has not been picked up from the seller yet, it is the seller, that you must reach, to find out what is going on.

If you ordered it last night, the seller would create the label for shipping either last night, or this morning, and order a pick up for today by UPS, which may not be until around 6pm....then it would be scanned in... or the seller may drop it off at a UPS Drop off/store some time during the day.

I been in the phone with the seller, it’s a legit Organization that ships daily. Not huge but a few things go out. She said it was definitely shipped, and that other things that went out that day weren’t scanned either

I been in the phone with the seller, it’s a legit Organization that ships daily. Not huge but a few things go out. She said it was definitely shipped, and that other things that went out that day weren’t scanned either
That makes total sense to me... And smart of the girl to check the other packages picked up... since the others were not scanned, it means he UPS guy was in a hurry, and they'll be scanned in, when he drops them at the distribution center!

I’ve been on the phone with the shipper all day she seems like a very nice woman and she claims it was shipped and that the UPS driver didn’t scan because other items have shipped out they haven’t been scanned yet either
LOOK, JITS:
  1. The seller admits payment for the item.
  2. The seller admits shipping the item.
  3. UPS says they never scanned it.
  4. Neither UPS nor the seller has proof you RECEIVED IT.
  5. Therefore the burden is on them to produce the package or refund your money. Money was paid. Item not delivered. Or the seller can resend a 2nd item at UPS's expense.
BOTTOM LINE: The seller needs to turn in a claim for lost item with UPS. 888-742-5877. Crack heads. Since they never scanned it, there is no tracking number, so YOU ONLY HAVE THE SELLER'S CLAIM HE EVEN SHIPPED IT AT ALL. HIS PROBLEM.

That makes total sense to me... And smart of the girl to check the other packages picked up... since the others were not scanned, it means he UPS guy was in a hurry, and they'll be scanned in, when he drops them at the distribution center!
It was ordered on Tuesday Supposedly picked up yesterday

LOOK, JITS:
  5. Therefore the burden is on them to produce the package or refund your money. Money was paid. Item not delivered. Or the seller can resend a 2nd item at UPS's expense.
BOTTOM LINE: The seller needs to turn in a claim for lost item with UPS. 888-742-5877. Crack heads. Since they never scanned it, there is no tracking number, so YOU ONLY HAVE THE SELLER'S CLAIM HE EVEN SHIPPED IT AT ALL. HIS PROBLEM.
I have a tracking number. Ups saying it’s exist, they just say it’s only a label

Customer (alleged service) reps are script readers- cancel the order and buy it elsewhere.

LOOK, JITS:
I have a tracking number. Ups saying it’s exist, they just say it’s only a label
If you have a tracking number, then its UPS's problem. That is an admission of receipt. They either have to produce the package, show where it is still in transit or refund the value. I believe basic insurance for a claim is up to $1,000. But you'll have to allow them reasonable time to locate it. I'm betting it fell off a conveyor belt somewhere.

New Topics

Forum List

Back