My Saturday Night sleepless rant.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
Things are very confused now. I wonder if anyone else suspects that the virus circulating across the globe was released purposely for some nefarious end. It seems that the ubiquitous masks adorning the faces of citizens are like Nazi armbands that migrated from the bicep to the nose. It is very much like a cruel joke played on the human race by space aliens that are laughing their asses off (if they even have asses).

I could not sleep. Some people across the street are having some kind of block party and they are whooping it up big time. Who can blame them? It is Saturday night and they are young. Rules and regulations are everywhere, ruining spontaneity and policing the gregarious nature of people to have fun and enjoy themselves.

We are in a global emergency-blah,blah,blah. Network television is boring to people with IQ’s above room temperature and I have seen all the movies on Netflix twice. I just got out of bed and took a low dose Xanax my doctor gave me as a sleep aid because she does not like insomnia drugs that work in a different way.

I bowl two nights a week in a league that is greatly diminished due to Covid-19 so only every other lane is used. Last Thursday night it was eerily quiet at the alley; I felt like I was bowling in a library. Many friendly faces were not there. And if I swear at the pins because I get a bad result, it is not absorbed in the usual cacophony that camouflages it in ambient crowd noise. I am now learning to suffer silently. We can take our masks off to bowl-blah.

I am getting sick of turning around to go back to my car to get a mask every time I enter an establishment. I think it is aliens conditioning us to act like insects. The Xanax is starting to work, and I may sleep till 5am if I am lucky. I would go party with kids, but I gave up booze and weed long ago when I drove my motorcycle into a creek and nearly drowned. That was the same year, 1974, that I dropped the driveshaft on my Mustang in the middle of west street.

I am going back to bed now, enjoy your night.

Of course, we do need to realize that all these rules mean nothing to those who make them while turning around and flaunting them.

It is a way for the ruling class to make sure everybody knows their place.

Forum List

Back