My prediction if Biden wins.

After he takes office, he tightens up the lockdown. About two weeks in, the cdc quietly releases new guidelines to get more accurate numbers on actual covid cases and shockingly the numbers start to plummet.

Within two months, Biden starts loosening up, and declares victory and the media spends the next two years making sure that he gets credit for saving the entire population from certain death and for the improving economy as the lockdown ends.

Any one doubt this and if so, why?
Yes, tightening the lockdown will decrease Covid deaths.
Not decrease, merely delay. It doesn't matter when the lockdown stops, the number of cases will spike. The ONLY way that doesn't happen is if there's a vaccine that everyone is required to get before they're allowed to leave their homes, and that won't happen any time soon. Even if a vaccine is found, people can't be forced to get it before leaving their homes.

After he takes office, he tightens up the lockdown. About two weeks in, the cdc quietly releases new guidelines to get more accurate numbers on actual covid cases and shockingly the numbers start to plummet.

Within two months, Biden starts loosening up, and declares victory and the media spends the next two years making sure that he gets credit for saving the entire population from certain death and for the improving economy as the lockdown ends.

Not decrease, merely delay. It doesn't matter when the lockdown stops, the number of cases will spike. The ONLY way that doesn't happen is if there's a vaccine that everyone is required to get before they're allowed to leave their homes, and that won't happen any time soon. Even if a vaccine is found, people can't be forced to get it before leaving their homes.

Wrong.

Wrong.
To what, precisely, do you object?

Wrong.

Your contention that only a vaccine will allow us to get back to a more normal open economy. South Korea, Australia and NZ have all opened up
and they do not have a vaccine. Unlike us, they have real leaders and they don't have a quarter of their voting population comprised of
idiots who won't do what is needed to protect those around them.

Wrong.

Your contention that only a vaccine will allow us to get back to a more normal open economy. South Korea, Australia and NZ have all opened up
and they do not have a vaccine. Unlike us, they have real leaders and they don't have a quarter of their voting population comprised of
Ah, I see why you are confused. I did NOT say "only a vaccine will allow us to get back to a more normal open economy". I said that no matter WHEN you open back up, the number of cases will spike. As more of the population is exposed and achieves immunity, things will trend toward how we deal with the flu, namely, every year a certain number of people will contract the disease, most will recover and some will die. When a vaccine is developed, more will survive or will fight off the disease without even knowing they were exposed. Do you see the difference?

By the time he takes office, the winter's spike will force States to enforce more lock downs than in the spring.

Wrong.

Ah, I see why you are confused. I did NOT say "only a vaccine will allow us to get back to a more normal open economy". I said that no matter WHEN you open back up, the number of cases will spike. As more of the population is exposed and achieves immunity, things will trend toward how we deal with the flu, namely, every year a certain number of people will contract the disease, most will recover and some will die. When a vaccine is developed, more will survive or will fight off the disease without even knowing they were exposed. Do you see the difference?

The number of cases will not "necessarily spike" even if we don't have a vaccine....as long as we trace, wear masks and keep social distance,

Wrong.

The number of cases will not "necessarily spike" even if we don't have a vaccine....as long as we trace, wear masks and keep social distance,
Which argues against shutting down in the first place. And yes, ANY time you go from more restrictive to less restrictive, more cases will happen because more people will be exposed.

Yes, most conservatives are truly this stupid and ignorant.

A president has no authority to compel "lockdowns."

This fails as a strawman fallacy, ridiculous rightwing demagoguery.

Counting. Yes. We’ll change from counting a LOT of deaths to counting very little deaths.

My prediction is that they will change how we count them, to get a lower number, and then claim "victory" and then you lefties will give Biden credit, even though it is all a mirage.

If I am wrong, you can use this thread to taunt me, as we go forth, wearing masks for months and the deaths still climbing.

Oh, that too. THe way they announcing new cases and "deaths" as though it is news, that will change too.

They will start talking about... declining death rate, based on the "new numbers" or some such shit, to gin up the APPEARENCE OF CHANGE.
Here's the fundamental difference, and why you will lose badly.

Democrats care about reducing the cases and deaths.
Republicans care about who gets credit.
Republicans care about re-electing Trump, no matter how many Americans they have to kill to do it.

Can you elaborate on how Trump made the US a laughing stock?

Because the vast majority of us think he's a fucking idiot.

Well, the Poles, Nigerians, Kenyans and Filipinos like him. That's something I guess.
Who is “us”?
Be specific.
You can't read the infograph i posted

Well, the Poles, Nigerians, Kenyans and Filipinos like him. That's something I guess.
Who is “us”?
Be specific.
I honestly don’t care what foreigners want my President to be.

I'll repost again since you didn't read it.

A few things.
1) He talks about his piece but never links to it
2) He is basically saying that lockdown doesn't work after the horse has bolted - well, d'uh, yes
3) In NZ and Australia lockdown has been very effective.
4) He works for the IMF - you couldn't get a more "anti-lockdown, let's open up the country for business" organisation. In other words, he has an agenda.

Interesting piece, but hardly anything compelling. Interesting you had to go to India to get you POV backed up.

Who is “us”?
Be specific.
Why not just say that in the first place.

Now it just looks like I've kicked your arse and now you're saying "I never cared anway". Three posts later.

After he takes office, he tightens up the lockdown.

How?

Doesn't matter. The point is to be SEEN as tightening the lockdown, so that he can get credit for the "decline" in cases when they change how they count it.

So, he will do something, anything, that will be enough of a hardship to people to be noticed.

I have heard him talking stupid shit about requiring masks for everyone even outside. That alone would be enough for the media to lie and give him credit later.

But I expect more from him, because dems just don't give a fuck about the people they are hurting.

What state are you located? What fucking lockdown? I live in Florida and have gone anywhere I pleased this year.

If there is a lockdown nope he won't tighten it. If there is a vaccine before Jan 21 I suspect he'll see if that works. He might advocate a national mask mandate but we have seen how the state mandates have worked without enforcement.

Who is “us”?
Be specific.
Why not just say that in the first place.

Now it just looks like I've kicked your arse and now you're saying "I never cared anway". Three posts later.
You're a joke.
I couldn't care any less about your opinion concerning my country just as you couldn't care any less about mine concerning your country.
Trump has taken paid off foreign leaders off the US taxpayer payroll because that's what we Trump supporters voted for.

Counting. Yes. We’ll change from counting a LOT of deaths to counting very little deaths.

Why are you pretending to be too retarded to understand my point? ARe you afraid to go on record saying I am wrong, that it will not happen the way I predict, for fear that when it does goes exactly like I predict,

that you will look retarded?

Are you saying if Biden tightens restrictions the numbers will go down??? Are you dumb???

I'm saying that the numbers currently are greatly inflated and that they will STOP doing that, once Biden is in office to create the ILLUSION that his policies are having a strong effect and give him credit for supposedly successfully fighting covid.

I mean, I think I am being pretty clear here. Are you going to address my point, the thread topic or not?

Nope, if anything number's are being under reported from the states.

After he takes office, he tightens up the lockdown.

How?

Doesn't matter. The point is to be SEEN as tightening the lockdown, so that he can get credit for the "decline" in cases when they change how they count it.

So, he will do something, anything, that will be enough of a hardship to people to be noticed.

I have heard him talking stupid shit about requiring masks for everyone even outside. That alone would be enough for the media to lie and give him credit later.

But I expect more from him, because dems just don't give a fuck about the people they are hurting.

What state are you located? What fucking lockdown? I live in Florida and have gone anywhere I pleased this year.

If there is a lockdown nope he won't tighten it. If there is a vaccine before Jan 21 I suspect he'll see if that works. He might advocate a national mask mandate but we have seen how the state mandates have worked without enforcement.
It's not so much about enforcement as leadership. There's no need, really, for a mandate. But a wartime President needs to inspire people to do the right thing, regardless of laws.

New Topics

Forum List

Back